ummmmm Street Fighter V anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter V anyone???

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Urien is back! Yay! Here are some things I've noticed just from videos and from the two seconds you get to play as him in Story Mode, I literally have not read shit about the character so I'm probably wrong about some of these:

1) His moves are mostly unchanged from 3rd Strike. Thank God, I was a little worried that they'd change the way he fundamentally plays after seeing what they did to everyone else in this game. The only things I noticed that were completely different were that his Back+HK normal in 3rd Strike got moved to just a normal HK in SF5 and his QCF+MP fireball is no longer a 45-degree fireball - it appears to just be a faster version of his QCF+LP fireball.

2) V-Skill appears to just add a hit of super armor to his specials. It's obvious application is going to be using it to Chariot Tackle through fireballs. The activation animation is quick and is likely safe to bust out if your opponent is playing the keep-away zone game.

3) Aegis is his V-Trigger. It looks like he pops out an Aegis when it activates and he can pop out a second Aegis anytime during the very looooooong V-Trigger timer. Once the second Aegis is popped the V-Trigger timer expires. The distance of the Aegis is based on the direction held when V-Trigger is activated. Neutral, back, and down-back all result in a different placement of the Aegis.

4) Aegis appears to barely do any damage and is mostly a combo extender. Aegis didn't do a ton of damage in 3rd Strike but God damn it does basically nothing in SF5! It also does up to 3 hits instead of the 6 that it did in 3rd Strike.

5) Urien's damage overall seems low. Obviously this is a "beta" version of the character but it feels like he has to do a lot of work compared to other characters to get any damage. Burning his critical art and V-Trigger doesn't appear to take off 50% of a character's health and pretty much everyone else in the game can do that at a minimum when using all their resources.

6) His critical art is a completely new move where Urien punches the ground and a column of energy envelops around him. It looks sort of like that one random victory pose he had in 3S where he punches the ground and a big ass column of fire surrounds him. It looks like the move has good comboability and it can safely chip if you get a hard knockdown in the corner but that's about it. You probably can't just throw this move out randomly and expect good things to happen.

Character is going to be bad but I'll main him, obvs, and I'll be mad the entire time.

Oh and he doesn't say, "CRUSH!" anymore -- how could they fuck this up? God damn it.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Some okay stuff in the 2nd half of that.

https://gfycat.com/MiniatureGrimHornshark < cool reset, 2 combo stun.

Really ambiguous stuff. Less unblockable aegis shenanigans but still a lot of tricky stuff to uncover.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:59 am

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Some stylish stuff in here. Also kinda interesting how it made a lot of the characters' supers hurt them.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Riot wrote:Some stylish stuff in here. Also kinda interesting how it made a lot of the characters' supers hurt them.

Oh god no, the infamous Purple Barrier of Pride is back!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:41 pm