Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: So Xbox One or PS4?

Post by Potter » Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 am

Pokebis wrote:
DAVE101 wrote:PC
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Ouya
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 pm

I have a for serious question. In earlier days of console gaming, technology was advancing so quickly that manufacturers HAD to create a new generation of consoles. Does this still hold true today? Or are the technical specs advancements so miniscule that creating new consoles with exclusive games is just a ploy for extra profit$?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri May 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Well, the "leap" between this generation and the next seems pretty miniscule and probably just a ploy to get more money. I mean, it's still too early to say anything definitive but none of the big players have shown off anything that wows us yet but hey, there's always E3

Obviously the leap between 16-bit and the Playstation / N64 and the leap between SD and HD were much more noticeable and a boon to both the player and the developer and I'm sure in time there will be something baller that people will look back on and say "Man, the leap between PS5 and PS6 was baller"

In any case calling your console XBox One is incredible because how could you not see every mother fucker on the internet calling your system the "Xbone"? Man...

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Hardware wise, I think this leap is one that is necessary for several reasons as the last generation did not truly live up to some of the high definition promises made. The overwhelming majority of games were 720p at best, with some games (of note being the Halo releases on 360) not even being able to reach that resolution. While the CPUs definitely had good theoretical performance, their real world performance was not up to that level as optimizing for each platform would take more time than developers would like to do unless it was a console exclusive game. In addition, the GPUs used for the consoles became dated rather quickly, which can be seen firsthand when comparing the PC version of Skyrim to the console versions.

As for the platforms themselves, both offer little with regard to selling points. Both have no backwards compatibility, both are rumored as being $400-$500, and neither really don't offer anything in their launch line-up that is of interest. Microsoft in particular appears to have the weaker console specs-wise, which in combination of their mandates of a 'online check' requirement, mandatory use of kinect, and attempts to try to shut out borrowed/used games have alienated many. The end result of this is that really, I think that in order for the platforms to improve, they need to under-perform so that both Sony and Microsoft realize that some of their decisions are alienating the fan-base that they want as customers.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 am

"We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day. The super core guys, they will buy everything. They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique."

Phil Spencer on Xbone

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:"We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day. The super core guys, they will buy everything. They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique."

Phil Spencer on Xbone
XCallOfDuty
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:"We believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique."

Phil Spencer on Xbone
That's not unique; that's a PC.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:32 pm

and a pc like 8 years ago at that, lawl
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:54 am

Potter wrote:and a pc like 8 years ago at that, lawl
I can't yell at my PC to make it do things. When I wave my arms, my PC doesn't even care.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Potter wrote:and a pc like 8 years ago at that, lawl
I can't yell at my PC to make it do things. When I wave my arms, my PC doesn't even care.
You can just install voice recognition software, plug in a Kinect, and find some gesture program for it or something.