X-Box Live (for real this time)

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:34 am

MonMotha wrote: I've always wondered how people deal with the issue of having 4 people on the same screen? For one, I'd probably find it distracting, but even more of an issue is people basically cheating. Is Halo (and other console type games) setup to make it so this doesn't really matter or something?
On Xbox Live you're playing over the internet so you usually only have your own screen on the TV. Some games allow guests to play, but most of the time you're by yourself. When you have split screen play offline or on System Link (LAN) games, it's a different story. The distraction factor is just a matter of getting used to it, I'm sure it would be jarring at first but you can adapt pretty quickly.

As far as cheating, lets argue semantics for a second: is it really cheating if everyone has the same advantage? Yes, it makes it pretty much impossible to set up ambushes, you just have to adapt your playing style. There are ways around this though, if it's a case of multiple Xboxes, you could set it up where everybody on a particular system is on the same team so you're not looking at your opponents screen. The other option goes back to Goldeneye on the N64, where some people made dividers out of carboard or something that somehow made it impossible to look at another player's screen. Otherwise, it's just the honor system.
Last edited by xK1 on Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:59 am

xK1 wrote:The other option goes back to Goldeneye on the N64, where some people made dividers out of carboard or something that somehow made it impossible to look at another player's screen.
Me and my friends did that once. Hard to do, because two people had to sit below the TV and two people had to stand. Got kinda uncomfortable. I used to own even when they could screenpeek though.
Anyways, I only have one person I play console shooters with who doesn't screenpeek, and I try my best to return the favor. He owns me in Halo, I own him in Killzone. And we don't screenpeek, unless we're just messin around.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.