X-Box Live (for real this time)

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

xK1
Standard
Standard

X-Box Live (for real this time)

Post by xK1 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:00 pm

One thread is locked, the other doesn't have much to do with Live at all. If you're interested, post your tag, and your games. If you want to try to arrange matches in here, that's fine too but let's keep things civil and on-topic please.

Gamertag: xK1

Games: Burnout 3, Crimson Skies, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Halo 2, Mechassault, Mechassault 2, Need for Speed Underground 2, Phantom Dust, Spinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Star Wars: Republic Commando

Edit for more games.
Last edited by xK1 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:56 pm

Gamertag Shammers2k

Games Halo 2

It's the only game I play, feel free to friend me. =)

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:21 pm

I have a few questions i've been meaning to ask about Xbox Live...Do you have to have broadband for your computer to have it for the Xbox? because I only have DSL for my cpu. And does it just use a phone line into the back of the Xbox to play it? Yeah, I know i'm a little behind on getting it, but i've been really hesitant.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:25 pm

1) DSL is broadband

2) I doubt your cpu has a rj45 jack

3) Xbox uses a rj45 jack for lan

4) buy a router
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:47 pm

Gamertag:TrendyOsprey

Games:Halo 2, Madden 2005, sometimes Need For Speed Underground 2

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:52 pm

CgSquall wrote:I have a few questions i've been meaning to ask about Xbox Live...Do you have to have broadband for your computer to have it for the Xbox? because I only have DSL for my cpu. And does it just use a phone line into the back of the Xbox to play it? Yeah, I know i'm a little behind on getting it, but i've been really hesitant.
Get a router and a Cat 5 ethernet cable. Plug the ethernet cable into your router and into your XBOX and get the XBOX Live subscription.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 pm

router ISNT neccesary... its just if you want to have your PC and Xbox online at the same time... (wich.. most people want) you dont need a PC either at all (i used to play with this guy who had DSL just so he could play xbox live lol....

anyways...

GT: Llama Juice

Games: Rainbow Six 3, Halo2, Ghost Recon2 (main games i play online)

i also have Counter Strike, PSO, DDR Ultramix (1 and 2), Splinter Cell Pandora Tomarrow, World Championship Poker, Mech Assult, Wolfenstien, Whacked and Top Spin

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:21 pm

I already have two routers, we used to have all the computers in the house set up on a huge lan. but yeah, I probably won't end up getting it, I'm just not into video games much anymore.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:08 am

just one request.... if you do friend me put in a message saying "indyddr" or somethin like that like earlier TylerHHS friended me and i was like "uhh... who is this?"

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:49 am

CgSquall wrote:I already have two routers, we used to have all the computers in the house set up on a huge lan. but yeah, I probably won't end up getting it, I'm just not into video games much anymore.
Huge LAN?

(No, I'm not anywhere in that picture as I was the one who took it, but it's in my basement)

Heck, and my computer isn't even out there yet! That's what 24 port switches are for. I guess I'd never thought of doing it with X-Boxen, probably because I don't own one or plan on owning one.

And yes, that's my old (now defunct) DDR pad on the floor. Yey Konamix!

I really should have another LAN party sometime soon. Hum...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:46 am

MonMotha wrote:X-Boxen
Quoted because it amused me.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:54 am

we always used to have huge lans with Halo1... now because halo2 is online we never have lans because if we need players we just get em off the internet...

4 xboxes... 16 players... lan... teh godlike :P

anyways.. back on topic...

Anyone else have XBL?

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:00 am

MonMotha, was that a LAN party amidst Bemani AND M:TG gaming? Damn, that's like geek wet dream MAX. All you need is like Fred from the Angel series and some videotape. When that happens...well, I'll bring the videotape.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:43 am

The games of the day were Dance Dance Revolution: Konamix (whcih didn't really get played much, and this was before I was really that much into DDR), original UT, Starcraft, M:TG, and Star Wars CCG (Decipher). We also watched History of the World: Part 1. It was geek Max 300!

Back on the subject (sorta) of X-Box Live, I'm not really much of a console gamer, but I've always wondered how people deal with the issue of having 4 people on the same screen? For one, I'd probably find it distracting, but even more of an issue is people basically cheating. Is Halo (and other console type games) setup to make it so this doesn't really matter or something?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

sTk uNhOly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sTk uNhOly » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:26 am

I'm setting up some MLG Tournys online tonight (3/25/05).

Come with a registered party name.
The tournament line up will be:

* MLG Team Slayer
* MLG Assault
* MLG CTF Classic

You must have a party of 4 to play on this server.

It's stk Unholy.