Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Re: Finding games like Fallout 3

Post by SailorFlora » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 am

Riot wrote:CHAD IS PLAYING DIABLO RIGHT NOW DON'T LET HIM LIE TO YOU

I'm trying to sell all my stuff for real dolla dolla bills at the moment.
Checking dat auction, it seems. But, seems it was misunderstanding-he's test-driving a Barbarian low levs. What does this mean I don't even...Thanks for the tip, tho. ;)

You can really do that in the game? Daaamn
Last edited by SailorFlora on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:58 am

I just sold my pants and an axe for $300. They were really good, but still. It's not like anybody can just randomly play for a couple hours and make a ton of money. I have like 150 hours of play time and basically just farmed a lot of gold and bought good stuff on the AH to use, but then felt like trying to sell it. I mean you COULD get lucky random drops and sell them, but the likelihood of getting something that's actually worth that much to drop is really really small and you'll be farming for a long long time to get it the normal way (drop) instead of just saving money to buy for gold on the auction house.

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 am

Still, I've never heard of selling virtual goods for real monies, just the opposite. I logged in 200+ hours in Fallout. Granted, that was over a span of 2ish years.

Guess I know what I'm doing with that game. Farm ahoy. Hope, pray, sacrifice goats to Lady Luck for good drops.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:08 am

Heh yeah, my 150 hours were over the course of 1 and 1/2 months >_>

I figured I should strike while the RMAH is new and before items devaluate. I'm kinda farmed out for awhile too.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 am

I sold my old AC stuff for $450 (no lame cuts for bliz) but that was over 1,000 hours. It isn't worth it by any stretch, but I guess it felt good to leave the game with a little something. I've played other games, like DDR, for a long time and can't sell that shit for shit. Shit!

What's weird is I think I hang out with a somewhat middle to upper-middle class crowd that could afford to spend real life cash on stuff in a game, but nobody does. I mean people spend mo cash on magic cards, but that just feels different to me. I'd take 20 of Merk's omfgood steaks over Diablo pants any day.

Are the people that buy this stuff super rich, super dumb, or just super into the game? Go figure.

I need to invest in Activision Blizzard.

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:ATVI

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 am

I don't think it's that big a deal to spend 10 or 15 bucks for a crazy good item, but 150 is a bit much. Maybe for a fully decked out character but not one pair o' pants. I'd still rather spend 20 bucks on a virtual item I'd play with for dozens of hours than going out to dinner for one night. I'm more of a tangible thing type of guy instead of experiences/fleeting things. I've probably made around 1000 or so combined from selling WoW, FFXI, and Age of Conan accounts and it is a nice little bonus that helps you to be done with a game. I always have a tendency to powergame the shit out of new online games and sell while my gear is still considered super good. I'ma play Guild Wars 2 when that comes out because I want PVP and more of massive scale.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 am

Riot when it is all said and done and you're on your deathbed all you will have to comfort you is your memories. Your worldly possessions will all be pawned off to your bastards and the bank. I will never forget our time at EVO! I mean yeah I could have saved like $500 and just watched a stream but that's forgettable.

Remember that one time we went to the butcher and got meat and cooked it after playing disc golf? Man that shit was awesome.