Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Legendary tweaks:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/

I'm shocked that they're actually stepping in the right direction here and addressing the problems with legendaries by making them grant you special unique skills and having significant modifiers that make shitty builds all of a sudden viable. It's almost as if they're recalling what made D2 items so awesome!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Legendaries look pretty good!

Here are some individual class tweaks by the way:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939564 - Wizard
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923460 - Barbarian
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939559 ... -8_16_2012 - Monk

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 am

Game is perpetually broken, legendaries will never drop, only the super rich will get to play with the new toys, Blizzard has lost their touch, etc.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:36 am

Merk wrote:Game is perpetually broken, legendaries will never drop, only the super rich will get to play with the new toys, Blizzard has lost their touch, etc.
lol casual scrub get better nub.

I'm actually not even through Inferno yet...I stopped caring a couple of weeks after release cause I study too much and play KoF or LoL when I'm not studying or trying to hang out with girls without them finding out I live with my parents right now. :(
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Man, I can't imagine being able to spit game at all if you live with your parents and you are in college, that has to be the hardest thing in the world.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Merk wrote:Man, I can't imagine being able to spit game at all if you live with your parents and you are in college, that has to be the hardest thing in the world.
I'd actually say it's harder than a life in the Sierra Leone diamond mines or a North Korean internment camp.

What I'm thinking: "Hey girl, lemme drop some knowledge on you. I know I'm boyishly cute and reasonably fit but there's more to me than meets the eye. In my free time I work 16-24 hours a weekend in a hospital call center and spend ~20-40 hours a week studying and commuting to another city to go to college. I'm living at home with my parents until next summer so I don't have to take out student loans for my post-bac science classes. In 2014, I'm starting med school where even with careful financial planning I'll probably end up with around $200,000 in loan debt that accumulates interest the entire time I'm in school not earning any money. After those 4 years I get to work as a resident making just above minimum wage working 80 hour weeks for 3 years. Ten years from now I'll be a lot more attractive as a male companion despite working in a rural health care facility to get my loans paid off but how about for now I buy you another happy hour well drink?"

What I actually say: "Hey did we take chemistry together?"

In other Diablo 3 related events...
http://www.edge-online.com/news/gamesco ... t-diablo-3
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:08 pm

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/696851 ... -8_20_2012

Now we're cooking. I don't know how long it takes to hit 99 in Diablo 2, but it sounds like 60 to 100 is something some players won't ever achieve.

I've already quit this game twice. Will it bring me back for round 3?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Not bad. A lot of MMOs have some kind of "legacy" system or whatever they might call it that is basically extra levels from exp at level cap that gives more stat buffs and skill augmentations. Seems like a big grind to gain these levels too!

The biggest things that were annoying to me that seemed to be getting addressed are low drop rate coupled with useless items/affixes and multiplayer which basically penalizes you for playing with worse-geared people... I never wanted anybody to join my game because it dragged down my magic find and just made everything harder for me, so some of the new changes seem pretty good in that regard.

They need to act a 5th act now with harder mobs that aren't hard because of BS affixes (thank god they're removing invulnerable minion btw), but require strategy, timing, and maybe even some puzzle-ish elements to get through certain dungeons. Co-op specific dungeons would be great even if it's "you need to stand on each switch alone to open a central door" or something.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I'm going full on investing in Fiery Brimstone. If this doesn't work, I just threw away all dat gold.
480k now. Called it. I would've made a cool 10 mil.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 am

If you're like me and don't want to play to see...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdElzSaJbSg

Aaaaand another untested Blizzard screw up. DH crazy powerful skill combo.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-d ... i/63818505

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm

How do people feel about having NV removed when swapping out skills? Even with the new patch I still feel like I'm super super limited in what skills I can roll out with since I'm tied down to a build and I can't experiment mid-run without losing my precious, precious MF.

I don't know, make it so that you only lose NV if you swap outside of town so you're punished for switching things up mid battle.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Merk wrote:How do people feel about having NV removed when swapping out skills? Even with the new patch I still feel like I'm super super limited in what skills I can roll out with since I'm tied down to a build and I can't experiment mid-run without losing my precious, precious MF.

I don't know, make it so that you only lose NV if you swap outside of town so you're punished for switching things up mid battle.
Then you'd have situations where people pick different builds before going to a boss or a new area. Heck, even changing up a build for a champ pack might be a common practice.

Why this is bad, I don't know. Devs just wanted people to find a build and stick with it. At least now you can build Paragon xp so it isn't a total waste.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:44 pm

God damn it this game is just broken on such a fundamental level. I don't understand why the developers created a system clearly designed to where you could not possibly gimp your character but then put in mechanics that force you to play in such a way where everyone uses the same skills because it's the "correct" way to play. They tried so hard to make it NOT like Diablo II in that respect that they actually went full circle and here we are today where there's a right way to play and everyone is cookie cutter. It seems like there's actually LESS fucking variety than in D2.

I can't talk about this game without shaking my God damn head about how much of a fuck up it is.

They even said in their blog that they didn't mind making the changes they did in the new patch because death wastes time and thus makes you less efficient. I don't see a problem with having you change your build without penalty because the time it would take to do so would be punishment enough. The patch made great adjustments to make MF a more passive stat that will eventually make NV less essential with the Paragon system but that still doesn't address the issue that there's a "best" way to play to make the game not tedious as shit. I write that in complete irony, obv, because these games are an elaborate skinner box that is analogous to pulling a slot machine lever which is just about the exact definition of tedium.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:39 am

Yeah. The best measure of a character seems to be how much gold they can make in an hour.
$3.20 dollars buys 2 million gold. Farming for an hour gets you what, maybe 600k on average after selling?

If the goal of grinding is to get as much as possible in one hour, I've got a strategy that will get you more gold than running act I.

Shame on all of you for coaxing me into playing D3.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote: Shame on all of you for coaxing me into playing D3.
You act as if it is a job though. Surely you had fun leveling up and stuff at least a little bit. I got my money's worth even without RMAH*shrug*