ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ummmmm Diablo III: 3rd Strike anyone???

Post by Riot » Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 pm

I spent ten bucks on D2 a few years back when my friends played it a ton one summer. Bought Buriza and all the best amazon gear. What's the big deal? You could buy lunch for ten bucks or pimp out the character you will get dozens of hours of enjoyment out of. When it comes to D3 though we'll see. There's a big diff forgetting a few bucks to totally max out all gear to be the best when it's dirt cheap and spending a lot of money on stuff that will likely be outclassed and extensive since it's a new game.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 pm

The fun is the journey, not the destination when it comes to Diablo IMO. Once you have the best loot all there is left is PvP and this game does not have that.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Merk wrote:The fun is the journey, not the destination when it comes to Diablo IMO. Once you have the best loot all there is left is PvP and this game does not have that.
I already gave you the best loot.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Well I was max level and farming hardest difficulty and just wanted to kill people so my journey was basically done. I'm funneling Chad wizard drops so you guys can share.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm DJ WizDrops bringing you the hottest jams in New Tristram.

I won't be playing much this weekend, so I'll probably be below 30 when you guys are 50. All loot is basically temporary anyway. Anything I think is awesome today will be worthless tomorrow.

All my gold now is tied up in the auction house. Blah.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Button layout. What do you guys think? I don't really like the current Q-1-2-3-4-lm-rm. You can also map a button to just move instead of move and action. Right now I sometimes accidentally move into herds when I meant to click. Sure I could just hold shift, but that feels cumbersome. What do you think about this?

w -skill 1
a - skill 2
s - skill 3
d - skill 4
lm - skill 5 - move
rm - skill 6
q - potion
space - stay still

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Damnit people talk about this game!

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I'd talk about it more if I didn't have to work and could play it more! Today is the last day of my rotation, I'll have about 4 straight days of Diablo to look forward to.

As for your keyboard layout, that would not be my ideal configuration but that's just me! I pretty much rest my fingers on the 1, 2, and 3 keys which gives me access to Q easily. I'm super super lazy and forget about my 4th skill slot so I rarely use it lolololol.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Merk wrote:I'd talk about it more if I didn't have to work and could play it more! Today is the last day of my rotation, I'll have about 4 straight days of Diablo to look forward to.

As for your keyboard layout, that would not be my ideal configuration but that's just me! I pretty much rest my fingers on the 1, 2, and 3 keys which gives me access to Q easily. I'm super super lazy and forget about my 4th skill slot so I rarely use it lolololol.
The hell?

Magic Weapon in 1 (10% more dmg) lasts 5 mins.
Storm Armor or Ice Armor in 2 lasts 2 mins.
Teleport or Diamond Skin in 3. This is basically my 'oh shit' button to save me from a bad situation.
Hydra or Wave of Force in 4.

Even if you want to use all your offensive arcane pool on secondary attacks, you might as well at least equip familiar on 3 (lasts 5 mins) and keep 4 for 'oh shit'

Just mash 1,2,3 once every 2 mins and enjoy the buffs.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri May 18, 2012 4:57 pm

I like how you guys hate most any other similar MMO or RPG but are boners for this =) It is very cute! I enjoy that you enjoy this game and I hope to enjoy it with you for years to come.

You can turn on Elective Mode in options to set any skill to any slot FYI if you don't like the options you're limited to for each skill slot traditionally.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 pm

This game is literally a stream-lined watered down Diablo II I don't see how it's like any other MMO or RPG out there. Titan Quest and Torchlight are pretty much copies of Diablo II and the only problem I had with them was that they weren't Diablo II (a good game) so I don't see the point you're trying to make.

Still on the fence about my final opinion on this game but it's at least tolerable which is a good sign. We'll see how the end game is since that's all that matters. People are still clamoring on about the homogenous loot in Hell / Inferno so we'll see if that makes or breaks the game's enjoyability. I'll give it that D2 vanilla was an entirely different game than the expansion and the patch that added in synergies so I have a modicum of faith that Blizzard can address any of the shitty qualities of the game in later patches / expansion. In that regard I am also a little concerned that Blizzard post-WoW is an entirely different company that plays it safe to appeal to the lowest common denominator gamer so they'll homogenize everything for the sake of "balance."

I think the problem with Enigma and all the god-tier items in D2 was that they were duped to shit since it was easy to hack battle.net and hence, D2. In a completely legit environment the Engima is fine since the runes to get it are soooooo fucking rare. Blizzard solved the problem by making the game on-line and having all its data server-side but they took a step too far IMO when they made loot uninteresting. Unique and awesome loot is what makes the game interesting! Picking up a rare/legendary just makes you say, "DOES THIS GIEV MORE DEEPS?" if not it's salvage fodder. I honestly don't even look at the other mods because they don't matter, there's next to no trade off anymore. I have not seen a single mod that would convince me to use an item with lesser DPS than what I have equipped and from what I've read it doesn't get any better in the later difficulties.

rambleramblerambleramblerambleramble

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 am

Nightmare isn't tooooo bad for me since I have so much life regen and ways to suck health away. I honestly never used a potion once in normal mode, but now there are some hard hitting mobs and new modifiers on champion mobs like electrified. Kevin is a wizard and focused too much on magic find and barely any vit and he was getting destroyed. So nightmare is getting harder and I think you will need to start balancing your gear for survivability, which makes you start looking for specific stats not just for deepee ess. A lot of the yellows do kinda suck with the random assortment of stats, but as levels increase there will be more legendaries and set pieces showing up, as well as getting the perfect combination of stats on yellows.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun May 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Riot wrote:Nightmare isn't tooooo bad for me since I have so much life regen and ways to suck health away. I honestly never used a potion once in normal mode, but now there are some hard hitting mobs and new modifiers on champion mobs like electrified. Kevin is a wizard and focused too much on magic find and barely any vit and he was getting destroyed. So nightmare is getting harder and I think you will need to start balancing your gear for survivability, which makes you start looking for specific stats not just for deepee ess. A lot of the yellows do kinda suck with the random assortment of stats, but as levels increase there will be more legendaries and set pieces showing up, as well as getting the perfect combination of stats on yellows.
Merk and I beat normal on Friday, and I haven't played since. I'm looking forward to starting nightmare and enjoying some much needed challenge. Since you and Merk are basically level 50, I'm looking forward to awesome hand-me-down wizard loot. I really want to beat Inferno, but I'm not sure how eager I am to start a new character and get him/her to 60.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun May 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Riot wrote:Nightmare isn't tooooo bad for me since I have so much life regen and ways to suck health away. I honestly never used a potion once in normal mode, but now there are some hard hitting mobs and new modifiers on champion mobs like electrified. Kevin is a wizard and focused too much on magic find and barely any vit and he was getting destroyed. So nightmare is getting harder and I think you will need to start balancing your gear for survivability, which makes you start looking for specific stats not just for deepee ess. A lot of the yellows do kinda suck with the random assortment of stats, but as levels increase there will be more legendaries and set pieces showing up, as well as getting the perfect combination of stats on yellows.
Kinda upset that kne of the attack speed modifiers dossn't acutally function but still exists.

I really like doing a "suicidal monk" build on bosses where you use all the damage increasing modifiers (mantra, exploding fist, group heal damage passive, etc) on bosses. It doesn't appear to be the best against stuff like Jailer Arcane Desecration mobs though...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun May 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I just beat Nightmare and it did get a little challenging towards the end of the 2nd act, but then I bought a bunch of new gear and focused on VIT to get like 26k HP and it was easy again. Starting Hell now, have 2500 damage (3k for 45 secs whenever I use my heal) and 27k HP - it's not bad so far but champion packs can be rough. Chad, I can buy you good stuff on auction if I have extra money or I'm sure Merk or Kevin can give you old Wizardy items.

edit: Hell was challenging until I changed my build around and a different rune on my mantra lololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKO0RrM7LvI
Last edited by Riot on Sun May 20, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.