ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ummmmm Diablo III: 3rd Strike anyone???

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed May 16, 2012 10:01 am

Merk wrote:Chad and I touch wands. We roll together, we die together. In true Blizzard fashion I am in as CHINGCHONG the little Korean wizard girl.

Had a lot of fun playing however long I was able to last night. Game is super carebear in the beginning but we'll all see how hard it gets and if it lives up to being "really fucking hard" in the final difficulty. Everything is WoWified but that's standard Blizzard in 2012, we all knew the game wasn't going to be gritty back in 2008 or whatever so it's not a big deal, if it boils down to a fun game where I can dick around with people then I'll have no complaints.

If I didn't friend request you last night it's because I was too hype to play this game and since I work weird hours I wanted to play as much as possible. NO TIME FOR FWENDS MUST PLAY GAIM.

Normal is super easy. From what I've seen, nm is hard .
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

Sweet! I think the real fun is going to be rolling out different skills for each situation you run into and trying to find the most optimal build once we hit max level. It looks like loot is a *lot* more random this time so it's harder to set skills around specific pieces of equipment like in D2.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Well since it's split into 4 difficulties now normal is now easy/tutorial time where you learn the basics of the areas, your class, etc. I briefly saw a stream of Inferno yesterday and they were getting one shotted by the starting mobs lol. Gonna have to gear grind in hell for awhile most likely... Good thing I love grinding for gear! I am a level 12 or 13 Monk but will probly be a bit behind my fwiends... Until may 29th when I leave all you pewps in the dust! The real game stars at max level anyways which is where everyone will probably start playing more together if everyone is on wildly different paces.

Merk just use your baller cash to buy sweet gear!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Normal difficulty Diablo had been beaten in 6 hours. This happened before
U.S. official launch..

Nightmare difficulty Diablo was beaten in about 17 hours after launch.

The first ever level 60 character happened about 36 hours after launch.

Hell Diablo was beaten about 4:42PM May 16th (Korean time), about 40 hours after launch.

And just about 10:34PM May 16th (Korean time), Inferno difficulty King Leoric had fallen... 5 hours ago.

Anyone want to bet on Diablo?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 pm

From what I can see, I think a monk is absolutely mandatory for mantras in coop inferno.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 16, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm surprised at how few easter eggs have been discovered thus far.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 16, 2012 4:43 pm

It's weird to think that we live in an age where games get datamined to shit immediately and absolutely nothing is secret anymore. I kinda miss the days where developers could put little jokes into a game's unused assets or have crazy hidden easter eggs that go undiscovered for years.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

This game has a completely different sense of scale than its predecessors, +33 Int? That's nothing in this game but in D2 that was huge. I'm a level 9 Wizard and I have like 300+ life which would have been unheard of in the other games.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu May 17, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD358CkKXTo

In case any of us wants to be power leveled sometime on an alt or something.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 pm

A lot of people are complaining about how fucking boring the loot is in the later difficulties. If you played D2 you know that uniques tend to have little item specific modifier that make them unique and interesting. Of course this leads to a scenario where one item becomes the defacto PvE crushing machine but the internet buzz is that this game's itemization problem is the exact opposite - everything is so bland and homogenous that the only modifiers that matter are DPS and whatever stat your class uses.

Marrowwalks were awesome because they made certain Necro build viable, Enigma put all the other classes on equal footing with the Sorc, and Buriza made Bowazon's fun in D2. In this game it's "Does item have better DPS? EQUIP ITAM." and nothing feels "unique." I guess that explains why they call them lengendaries now and not uniques!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 7:59 am

There was a Foxtrot comic from 1998 around Diablo. Jason Fox was logged in his home computer as his sister when he signed up for the Riviablo beta. She received the letter saying she'd signed up for the beta, and spent the better portion of a week torturing Jason.

http://books.google.com/books?id=0zsl8- ... &q&f=false

Note that Bill Amend was making jokes about 'Happy Town' 14 years ago.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 8:45 am

Side question:

Who on IndyDDR will spend the most real money in the auction house? I'm going to guess Riot will spend around $10.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 18, 2012 9:03 am

My bet is either Riot or SDP. I know for a fact I am going to spend exactly $0 on the RMAH.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri May 18, 2012 9:18 am

Merk wrote:My bet is either Riot or SDP. I know for a fact I am going to spend exactly $0 on the RMAH.
I don't think I've ever bought videogame items/equipment/loot in the context outside of additional game content or an expansion. I have done plenty of in-game trading, but I think there's something less disgusting about keeping the economy self-contained. The gold auction house is pretty cool. I really wish you could use the auction house interface outside of the game through an eBay like site or app. WoW has one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .wow&hl=en