ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I feel like they should make the shitty classes, like Monks, better instead of nerfing the good classes considering that this game is PvE. Monks got a nerf too I guess which is good because Riot plays that class but the fact remains that no one can reasonably cheese through Inferno now. Diablo has always been about cheese and Blizzard's vision of making all classes and all builds viable is not possible considering how hard Inferno is - the difficulty of Inferno at this point pigeonholes players into a survivability build which screws melee because all the survivability in the world won't help when trash mobs hit for 40-50k and somebody like Riot who min/maxed vitality only has 46k of HP.

Blizzard said they wanted it to be hard and it's funny that people figured out how to beat it in less than a week using the skills defined in the game. I think it's smart what the Wizard player did to solo Inferno Diablo but of course people who don't play The Best Class had to get butthurt about it. Nevermind the fact that the Force Armor / Diamond Skin combo is worthless for 99% of Inferno.
Energy Armor

Skill Rune - Force Armor

Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life
Not sure what this means exactly. So if a mob does 200% of your life it will one shot you? Yet another rune that no one will use past normal.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Not sure what this means exactly. So if a mob does 200% of your life it will one shot you? Yet another rune that no one will use past normal.
I was wondering about that. If you have something up that gives you added protection like crystal armor maybe it'll cap at your HP total and basically let you survive that hit.

I wish this game had a skill element they could use rather than just numbers vs numbers. Bullet hell games, parrying in 3rd strike, and other timing mechanics are soooooo hard to master but soooooo rewarding.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 23, 2012 2:49 pm

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 2:53 pm

That..... That.

Wow. That's a good post!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Since heal mantra spamming is gone, I changed my build to the dodge mantra spamming. Fixed my runes to give me dodge/armor, and now I'm at:

5.3k DPS (plus my aoe shield that does like 80% weapon damage and my air ally who does 40% weapon damage)
53% chance to dodge normally, 67% when hitting mantra
3k armor (52% damage reduction)
46k HP

My spirit regen is worse (thanks to them nerfing the Quickening rune too along with the healing nerf...), but I feel like having such high dodge is doing better already (dodge affects magic hits as well). Switching my VIT to more DEX now.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
I was wondering about that. If you have something up that gives you added protection like crystal armor maybe it'll cap at your HP total and basically let you survive that hit.

I wish this game had a skill element they could use rather than just numbers vs numbers. Bullet hell games, parrying in 3rd strike, and other timing mechanics are soooooo hard to master but soooooo rewarding.
So apparently it works like it used to only the absorption maxes out at 100% of your life total. As long as you have lots of HP, it is't a bad ability.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 pm

gg

You'll get 'em next time, chum.

Now that I have won I promise to no longer talk any smack. We can be fwends now!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Bodied.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 am

Riot wrote:Since heal mantra spamming is gone, I changed my build to the dodge mantra spamming. Fixed my runes to give me dodge/armor, and now I'm at:

5.3k DPS (plus my aoe shield that does like 80% weapon damage and my air ally who does 40% weapon damage)
53% chance to dodge normally, 67% when hitting mantra
3k armor (52% damage reduction)
46k HP

My spirit regen is worse (thanks to them nerfing the Quickening rune too along with the healing nerf...), but I feel like having such high dodge is doing better already (dodge affects magic hits as well). Switching my VIT to more DEX now.
With a pure Dex build though, don't you run the risk of unavoidable one shots? I mean, I know Act3/4 Inferno mobs hit for a metric shit ton already so it's more like making a 1 shot a 2 shot.

YA.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 am

At this point even if you went full out VIT you would at best be 3-shot so working on DEX and resistances is the way to go. Melee is going to have it reallllllll hard in Inferno so if you care about the end game stuff you will want to re-roll a ranged character.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am

Why does everyone think the best legendary items should be here after only one week? Give it time before throwing in the towel. Or just buy a bow.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 am

I have not seen a legendary even drop but I know that when I do get one it is going to either suck balls or not be good for a Wizard. What I don't understand is if you never see one drop in Normal/Nightmare/Hell, why even include legendaries with stats geared toward low/mid-level characters? D2 had a shit load of uniques that ran the gamut from level 1 to 80+ and you actually saw them drop often enough to make Mephisto runs as addicting as they were.

I guess they REALLY wanted rares to be the best and prevent another Enigma scenario.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 am

wowwwwwwww

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 24, 2012 11:02 am