ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ummmmm Diablo III: 3rd Strike anyone???

Post by Riot » Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Okay so here's my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/m ... YcX!YZabbb

This is way OP. I changed a few things around and now things are synergizing really really well. Basically this makes me invincible - the rune on my left click attack gives me spirit when I crit. My aoe Sweeping Wind crits on all things around me and gives me spirit. My air ally gives me more spirit. The healing spells are there as panic buttons, mainly Serenity. I'm probably going to take off Breath of Heaven since I haven't had to really use it much lately, although the 15% damage is kinda nice. The main key is the Mantra, especially with Boon of Protection. Essentially, I just spam this mantra skill over and over while rushing into waves of enemies and a few things happen -

1. Whenever I use spirit (from my passive), I heal myself. So I heal a good 1/5 of my health from using the skill.
2. When you use the mantra it gives you really fast life regen bonus for 3 sec after activating the mantra, as well as the Boon of Protecion rune that puts up a damage absorption shield for 2 secs that nullifies all damage.
3. My spirit regen gets back enough to recast it nearly immediately while I hold down left click attack and my aoe Sweeping Wind continues to deal damage and return spirit.

I can continually cast it and get crazy life, as well as have the two heals on stock (Serenity being invulnerability for 3 secs as well) if need be. I deal enough damage with a high DPS weapon (which affects the damage of my ally and sweeping wind) that things still die really fast so I'm not just totally defensive without any offense.

You should definitely try out this build SDP. Thinking about switching in my Cyclone Strike thing which sucks all enemies into me instead of my Breath of Heaven so party members can aoe on me. I bet I will get nerfed soon =( I literally walk into full packs of champ mobs and my HP doesn't go below 3/4 so far throughout all of act 1 in Hell. Granted, it's Act 1, but so far this build is too good.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 am

Yeah, the auction house is great for getting loot at my level for 5k or less. I had a non-Diablo filled weekend, and still haven't built the new computer. Might be a bit before I can play again.

Has anyone beaten Inferno yet? How are the Hardcore players doing?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 am

I've heard that there have been a couple inferno victories, maybe a Wizard and Demon Hunter. It's apparently really hard without range since most stuff will 2-shot you I haven't heard much of anything about hardcore yet but I imagine getting to Hell wouldn't be that hard.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 am

Teleport will be worthless at higher levels since other skills are better, but it is kinda fun to use to get around. Wormhole will let you get in 4 quick teleports if you hold it down. Not sure how it works exactly, but I'll check it out.

*POP*

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 am

Everything I'm reading says that crafting is a waste of money. If you need gems or equipment, just go to the auction house. You can get really good items for less than 20k and can probably just hunt for the topest of top-tier. If you're less than level 50, you can get stuff for under 5k.

Do you think this applies to gems as well?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am

That build looks good. I'm only 38 or so though. I had been partying with friends and running SSS, serenity, cyclone, crippling and having my wiz and wd friend aoe fest. Nightmare packs, even vamp blues, just melted. That build I posted was more of a "melt boss as fast as possible" one that's ideal for the Inferno Butcher achievement. It's not ideal for general use. I personally think exploding palm is too situational except for damage increase on bosses.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/w ... XYc!ZZaa.a

Current build. I'm only level 30, so this certainly temporary. I mostly wanted to try out the tool.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon May 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Jewel crafting is worth raising, yes. You will find so many gems that you will effectually want to combine, and since you can remove gems from your gear you can take them all out and combine for better ones to keep things current. Gems are always good and you know exactly what you're getting, plus it's not really that expensive to train.

Smithing is different because you make gear with random magic qualities. I have raised smithing up to like mid-30's level gear and though I have made a couple good things, it is annoying to spend money to essentially roll the dice, kinda like the random vendor in D2. However, the stats are usually pretty high and if you get lucky with the magic stats you can make good stuff. I think it will be worth it recently, maybe when better legendary recipes are found.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm sure smithing can get decent gear, but I'm guessing the best of the best will be from boss drops.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 pm

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239#4

Sounds like someone found a security exploit. I wonder if this will delay the RMAH. Honestly, if I signed in and all my loot and money was gone, I'd have Merk or Riot spend all of 5 minutes to find me better stuff. Not a big deal.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Just came in here to post that I am better than Riot ok guys bye

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 am

Merk wrote:Just came in here to post that I am better than Riot ok guys bye
Only if you care about things like DPS and survivability. Here's a screenshot of Riot vs some champions.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: ummmmm Diablo III anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 am

Wizards lost Force Armor. Pretty big balance change. There were lots of complaints that this has been 'long overdue.'

Monk quickening works as intended now. Apparently this made Monks worse, but I have no idea how since I don't play one.

DH Smokescreen duration has been reduced by 1 sec, and the cooldown has been increased to 3 sec.

Need patch notes so I don't have to hunt for this. Blah.

EDIT: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/diabl ... on-hunter/

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 am

WHAT THE FUCK

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 pm