ummmmm board games anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am

There was a Dominion thread a while back, but I'd like to expand the discussion to board games in general. I'm getting more and more hooked on tabletop/card games. Anybody have recommendations?

Riot: I know you want to say something like, "I like hungry hungry hippos." Ha ha. Good one.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 pm

What? Hungry Hungry Hippos is a good game!
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Ha ha. Good one.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:14 pm

i like warhummer 39k.

Kim Jong Il played it with his friendz. He got 10000pt army while they got 100pt.

Image
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 pm

I'd really like to try out Talisman. The play time is 4 hours, so it's hard to get a group.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 pm

So when you say board games, you're meaning in-depth, strategy games or fun-with-family types?

Cause Wise or Otherwise and Smart Ass are both really good games for holiday type situations.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Clearly, you need this and this.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:40 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:So when you say board games, you're meaning in-depth, strategy games or fun-with-family types?

Cause Wise or Otherwise and Smart Ass are both really good games for holiday type situations.
Anything really. I prefer the strategy GenCon types of games, but there are plenty of good party games as well.

That game looks pretty fun. I played a bit of Balderdash a few years ago and really enjoyed it. They compare it to Apples to Apples even though the game play is much more player driven in Wise or Otherwise. Apples to Apples is boring and rarely funny. People just wait for Helen Keller or Anne Frank to show up and play something to evoke an 'omg I can't believe you went there LOL' reaction.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Ho wrote:Clearly, you need this and this.
Hold crap they are milking that game.

I've got one we can play.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4907/pac-man-game
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Maybe we should invest in buying a Craps table!
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Merk wrote:Maybe we should invest in buying a Craps table!
I'd rather have shuffleboard, but you can just put a top on a craps table to turn it into a regular table. We should have a casino night!
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:58 pm

As always, I would love to have a poker night with a good chunk of people.

I will perma-deal and tend bar if I must.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Merk wrote:As always, I would love to have a poker night with a good chunk of people.

I will perma-deal and tend bar if I must.
Make a FB event and get the equipment and I have no problem hosting.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by Riot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Image

Destroy all other games.
Image

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: ummmmm board games anyone???

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Riot wrote:Image

Destroy all other games.
Image

Riot's like the guy in the middle. No smiles.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Post Reply