EVO 2012

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: EVO 2012

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

So Trish and Magneto have been discovered to have an infinite off of a downwards TAC, meaning there are probably more in the cast that can do it. Mr. Wizard says infinites will not be banned at EVO but JWong and some others are saying they should. It'll be interesting to see especially since Magneto is such a popular character that a ton of high profile players use. I guess Mags needs a down TAC but Trish can use any direction. Now that this whole technology has been discovered, other ones are starting to pop up or at least worked on.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:12 am

Marvel is a game where you have 6 HP. Hitting with a normal attack does 1. Hitting a normal with x factor does 2. Infinite do 2.

Anyway I'm down for everything Merk said at Evo. I'll prolly bring my PC so we can lan up some Diablo too.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 am

Nova and MODOK infinite posted today. Iron Man, Sentinel, Phoenix, Dormammu and others confirmed to have one. Basically half the cast should be able to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WGvbBh ... r_embedded MODOK just wants to learn! analyzeeeeeeee

Yeah it probably takes more effort and execution to do an infinite than to just attempt a reset mixup. Still gonna be a lot of new technology at EVO to see.

We can LAN I suppose, assuming I have equipment left! =) I might have MF set so I can't really do Act 2+ on Inferno. Sold weapon (150), pants (150), chest (40) and boots (30) so far. I need to buy a new weapon so I can farm if I want to but don't have enough gold to buy a decent one.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am

You can gear up fast. It already didn't take much to do Act 2. I doubt it will take more than 500k. Guessing you already auctioned/vendored all my old wiz gear?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah I can get mediocre gear I guess... I have 3 mil and there's really no weapons I've seen that have been worth it to buy to make up for the lack of damage/survivability I have with my MF/GF set in Act2 +.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 am

aw shit mute spitta up in
hurrrr.

Did they ban infinites in mvc2 evo tourneys?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Nope. The worst it can do is kill a character, which is a lot of combos anyway. I highly doubt these are easy to do.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:49 pm

I mean technically you can stop them if you get the right direction in the TAC. A lot of popular characters have one (Dormammu, Dante, Magneto, Phoenix and 99% sure more of the cast will have some by the end of the week) so we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoaggvoYg4

They all definitely have some tricky timing to pull off mainly in the part where you have to hit them right before you hit the ground, you must always be holding up so that you do not go into neutral state on the ground (the game thinks you're perpetually in the air for the whole combo basically), and then you have to hit them immediately on the way up.

I think what this means is that for a team like FChamp (Magneto/Doom/Phoenix), you're going to have to now really guess which direction to counter TAC... if you do the side, you risk an infinite, if you go down, Phoenix steals meter. This is going to be a really interesting EVO since a lot of people are shaking up teams and we'll see if this is really a big deal when we already have Zero doing Lightning Loops in the corner basically 1 hit killing anybody. If anything, this lets lower-tier characters come out more so we don't just see Zero/Dante/Vergil the whole time.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 am

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/29/bitmobs ... 16-replay/

Divekick is so cool, can't wait for it to come out. I like the Mr. N character making fun of Marn lol. The controller is just two giant Pop'N Music buttons. Did you guys look at the trailer/videos I posted awhile back? This game would be a fun party game to play. I wanna pop Kick Factor and start divekickin'.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Riot wrote:Image
I don't think this .gif got enough love. I love how the guy's hat falls off and his concerned friend picks it up for him and the friend starts hooping on his way back up.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 am

All the Japanese players are staying with the Americans in the FGTV house (basically a bunch of pros live in a house and stream Marvel all the time). They just played a 5v5 Japan vs. America team tourney. America barely won, but the Japanese players play unconventional teams. One player, Abegen, was absolutely nuts. He plays Tron/Thor/She Hulk and was wrecking people, perfecting a few. He has the sickest anti-Phoenix tech he pulled twice on FChamp lol. I really hope the Japanese players make it into the top brackets so we can see them on the stream, they are so fun to watch.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:19 am

Merk wrote:
Riot wrote:Image
I don't think this .gif got enough love. I love how the guy's hat falls off and his concerned friend picks it up for him and the friend starts hooping on his way back up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5CFxrsHxo&feature=fvst

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm

that was fucking hilarious
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 am

Potter wrote:that was fucking hilarious
Watch the others, too. They're all pretty good.