Re: ummmmm Marvel vs Capcom 3 anyone???

Post by Pokebis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 pm

y

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Meh, I'd rather play Smash Bros.
DATS GAHBAGE BAYBEE

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

Post by Blacktop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 am

We just put MvC3 in one of the UTE cabs at Tilt. Iss prittyy....
I'm old now

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

K this game is pretty awesome and obviously allows for a lot of creativity and depth with team-based play and whatnot. Couple things I've noticed from dicking around:

+ Sentinel is very, very good right now. Until people pick up the nuances of the game and find teams that easily counter Sentinel then he (it?) is going to be tip-top of the tier list. He'll never be a bad pick for a team and if you can form a team around Sentinel then God damn that's awesome. He does have a little trouble with short characters IMO so I think Amaterasau will probably become the anti-Sentinel.

+ Finding characters that mesh well together is frustrating at times but very rewarding when you find something awesome. We're at a point in the game's lifecycle where not every little combo has been spelled out on the internet so you could feasibly know a combo that not everyone in the world knows already. Here's a cool little Deadpool + Dr. Doom (Hidden Missle assist) corner combo I discovered today with Deadpool at point:

c.L, c.M, c.H, -> S+assist1 (You have to hit them simultaneously. Dr. D is on assist1 obv lolol) -> j.M, j.M, j.S -> OTG H-Katatanarama (Doom's missle hit your opponent at this point) -> Pineapple Surprise -> H-Trigger Happy

It does about half-health on an average HP character at the cost of zero meter and it puts you back at half-screen which is where you want to be with Deadpool.

+ Everyone does crazy fucking damage it seems. It may just be the characters I've played so far but it seems like a lot of the characters have something that will do half a health bar of damage at the cost of some meter. Even Arthur who is a purely keep-away character can link three of his Goddess Bracelet supers together for massive damage.

+ X-Factor is basically this game's equivalent of Ultras for better or worse. You're guaranteed to take out at least one of your opponents characters if you XF Guard Cancel one of your opponent's blocked supers. We'll see where its place ends up being in high-level play but I can see it being what makes or breaks a match.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I like that you can use X-Factor to stop chip damage. I think the game's pace will often be dictated by whether or not X-Factor has been used.

Hsien-Ko sucks.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah Hsein-Ko is pretty damn bad not gonna lie.

Dr. Doom is pretty god damn good though. I got some shit up my sleeve for this tournament.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah Hsein-Ko is pretty damn bad not gonna lie.

Dr. Doom is pretty god damn good though. I got some shit up my sleeve for this tournament.
You're gonna have some shit in your pants once I get that paper in a money match.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 pm

This game is perfect for actin a fool if you get my drift. We go shoot hoop.

Having a solid OTG that goes into super seems paramount in this game. There are some OTG assists out there to cover for characters that don't have an OTG but I'll be fucked if anyone could get the timing or setup right on any OTG assist.

Dr. Doom has an amazing corner OTG combo though. His standing C into his launcher on a grounded opponent would be an infinite if it weren't for this game's anti-infinite mechanics.

Loving this game. I want to make my Deadpool/Doom/Sentinel team famous.

EDIT: Fuuuuuck here's a baller midscreen Dr. Doom combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN0Wg2xbfSM maybe now my Doom will be more of a threat in places other than the corner.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Sentinel/Doom is already kind of inplace as a good matchup, I think Deadpool is interchangeable there.
Nearly anyone fits, though, both rushdown and keepaway chars can compliment Doom/Sent pretty well.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:48 pm

I've been somewhat successful with Storm, Chun Li and Sentinel.

Haggar is lulsworthy.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Taskmaster/Akuma/Sentinel all day. I went 15-0 in a row on ranked matches today, but then I lost so I called it quits for the day =(

Some scrubby people online let me tell ya, though I fought some good people. Haggar is tough to deal with, his pipe is just like Sentinel's downward frying pan and he has a ton of health too. His hitbox can't be touched during a lot of his attacks and he has long range.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 am

The more I hear people talk about this game, the worse it sounds. :?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm

I get my shit served online. My inputs are a little too mashy with my combos and end up just throwing up garbage in the air. A lt of online players are getting a solid zone-game against Sent. No surprise there.

What really surprised me were these She-Hulk setups that do a meterless 60% on the 950,000 characters. No assists needed.

I also get tag punished pretty often. Poopie.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 pm

chocobojoe wrote:The more I hear people talk about this game, the worse it sounds. :?
Wellllll this is one of those games that you will hate if you are really really bad at fighting games, or are very very good at fighting games. If you're bad, you won't know what to do at all and get locked down and get owned every time by zoning characters. If you're really good, you will probably get upset that it doesn't require a ton of execution and combos and you can easily get owned by a few lucky random hits.

I've been losing more as I've been ranking up but I'm now like 43-12 in ranked matches, but still not bad I guess. My execution isn't good enough to really pull of Taskmaster's good combos so he's pretty much relegated to full screen zoning which isn't good. It's slowly losing its power =P I need to really work on his web swing combos but the timing is super hard.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 pm

I can't play online right now. I wish someone would play with me IRL. All my friends that do things with me either don't play or don't come over. Is there a place for people in Bloomington to go to play this sort of thing?