ummmmm Marvel vs Capcom 3 anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: ummmmm Marvel vs Capcom 3 anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Riot wrote:hey guys i'm taskmaster lol http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/ ... mbo-video/
Oh dear. I'm sick today and won't be going to pick up the game until tomorrow.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Over / Under on how many months it will take before Team If You-Don't-Pick-This-You're-Going-To-Lose is discovered and we all go back to hating this game?

I'll set the line at 3 months.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Hawkeye is pretty hard to play honestly. He is very unintuitive and you have to do a lot of weird dashing and movements so you can use your trickshots. He is pretty nasty paired with Task and Doom assist though (using horizontal and plasma beam). Triple arrows > task assist > triple arrows all connect if you hit with the first arrow and it does a lot of damage. I can do a combo (almost reliably keke) with both assists and two poison arrows for an extra 180k unscaled damage. If someone gets in on me though he sucks and I don't know how to get out yet.

Taskmaster feels fat. It's like he ate a bunch of donuts and gained 50 pounds. It's weird, he just feels heavier and I'm dropping combos. It's probably due to changes in hitstun scaling with a lot of hits and the fact that he doesn't float as much on his jumping H in the air, so I have to adjust my combo after I launch. It's hard to break old habits so far.

It doesn't help that most of my online matches have been just slightly laggy so far. It's never spikes, some matches just felt a tad bit slow which made me drop combos. But it might just be me adjusting to new characters and different mechanics. I wanna fight people!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 am

I'm not going to play this game until after my interview on Thursday but I think I'm going to start off trying to synergize Magneto/Frank West/Doom

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 am

As much as I love the little "ummmm xxxxx anyone???" thread title meme that we have going on, I demand that Chad changes the thread title to "UMvC3: A cat, a dog, and a raccoon walk into a bar..."

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Magneto/Frank/Doom seems pretty good honestly. Magneto is still good, Frank can benefit from Magneto's long combos (though shorter than before most of the time) and level up to 4 or 5 easily with a DHC, and Doom is obviously pretty good in this game. I still honestly think Hawkeye is one of the best characters in the game, and I'm sure more people are going to be jumping on the bandwagon. DAY ONE REVEAL BABY, before everyone says I'm a bandwagoner.

At the moment, I gotta really work on a new Taskmaster bnb because he is fat now and I drop everything.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Riot wrote:Magneto/Frank/Doom seems pretty good honestly. Magneto is still good, Frank can benefit from Magneto's long combos (though shorter than before most of the time) and level up to 4 or 5 easily with a DHC, and Doom is obviously pretty good in this game. I still honestly think Hawkeye is one of the best characters in the game, and I'm sure more people are going to be jumping on the bandwagon. DAY ONE REVEAL BABY, before everyone says I'm a bandwagoner.

At the moment, I gotta really work on a new Taskmaster bnb because he is fat now and I drop everything.
You'd better get Vergil now. He'll be top tier.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:35 pm

I disagree. I think he will be popular for awhile and annoy everyone with his cross-up move, but eventually he will plateau since he is relatively unsafe and low health. I'm guessing Wesker/Dormammu/Vergil or Wesker/Vergil/Doom will be dominant tourney teams for the first few months, then lesser-explored characters from the first game will start rising, like Felicia.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Is coast to coast still possible or has my entire gameplan with Magneto been thrown to the wolves?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:39 pm

I believe Coast to Coast is not possible, but in the corner you can do something similar. Airdash is slower and something is different with his hard punch so it doesn't cause the opponent to float so much or something. I dunno. You can do similar combos, just not the full coast to coast. There are alternatives I believe, just not so ridiculous.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeah I'm going to have to drop Magneto then. Any character whose execution takes any more effort than the coast to coast is not worth it. We live in a world of ABCS j.ABCS OTG hyper -> DHC

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah I'm going to have to drop Magneto then. Any character whose execution takes any more effort than the coast to coast is not worth it. We live in a world of ABCS j.ABCS OTG hyper -> DHC
Seems more like Combo, Assist, Combo, Assist, Combo, Hyper, DHC.

This game will quickly end up being 1 hit kills.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Except assists count towards hit stun scaling a lot and long extended combos with multiple assists don't really work anymore. Timing is much tighter now.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Riot wrote:Except assists count towards hit stun scaling a lot and long extended combos with multiple assists don't really work anymore. Timing is much tighter now.
Well that's better I guess. I still suspect my 2nd statement:

This game will quickly end up being 1 hit kills.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Settling in to Taskmaster/Hawkeye/Doom now. I'm still a little awkward getting openings with Hawkeye and Doom, but most of the time I'm killing people with just my point Task with missile assist, using Hawkeye poison assist to extend Taskmaster combo a little bit (still can't get the relaunches at all like vanilla with him), but air xfactor is very very handy for Taskmaster. Hawkeye's instant Gimlet hyper is awesome to punish as well, and can DHC into Task or xfactor into another one for instant punish for people being dumb. The main reason I die is calling dumb assists against beam characters, as there are a lot of Ryu players.

p.s. I think Firebrand is another one of the relatively unhyped characters that will rise to top tier with Hawkeye. And Dormammu, that dude is top tier for sure now.

Merk, some Magneto tech with Frank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZwWKqSf ... re=related

and the rom http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vpYgrzUxBg