The Last Story (Wii)

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

The Last Story (Wii)

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am

Mistwalker Studio's latest RPG is coming to the Wii sometime in Japan and hopefully will get a domestic release soon after.

From the trailer that's out, it looks pretty rad.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: The Last Story (Wii)

Post by Riot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 am

I love Mistwalker, will have to check it out. Lost Odyssey was my favorite RPG in a long time.

Just watched trailer and it looks pretty cool I guess. I wish it wasn't for Wii; it just looks and performs like garbage these days. The FPS looked terrible, and the textures did too. I hope the story doesn't take a hit and is really cliche and nonexistent... so basically I hope it takes after Lost Odyssey and not Blue Dragon.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Looks like it has a pretty unique battle system and I'm into that. I agree that it looks clunky on the Wii but I supposed they have their reasons for it (like Nintendo paying them to do it).

It looks like it has a more serious/mature fantasy theme so I don't think it'll be cliche like Blue Dragon but who knows at this point.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm

So THAT'S why you bought Blue Dragon, Mr. Riot. I was always a bit uncertain as to why you had such a shitty, shitty game.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Well yeah it was Sakaguchi and Uematsu and all the gang. It was just... well, shitty. The actual gameplay was good but everything else was kiddie.