What games are you currently playing?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 am

Riot wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:Bought Borderlands 2 cuz it was on sale for 38 bucks at Greenmangaming.com and I still had Diablo money in Paypal. Should be a fun game.
I'm waiting for hype to settle before buying in. I want to make sure it isn't a Diablo 3 repeat. I still have money in my bank account through having Merk as a roommate to pay for this in case anyone was curious.
Fun so far! Very funny writing too, very Portal-esque. I'm a level 8 sniper man! Not sure what hype you're talking about... didn't think this game was THAT hyped in general, just a very solid game all around that's a good mix of FPS and lootfest.
You don't think there was hype around Borderlands 2? I... disagree? Anyway it does look pretty awesome. With multiplayer can you leave and join your friends' games as you want, or do you need to stick with a campaign?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 am

riot or anyone else I don't have much interesti n playing through borderlands 1, can I play two and enjoy it without doing so?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Potter wrote:riot or anyone else I don't have much interesti n playing through borderlands 1, can I play two and enjoy it without doing so?
I didn't play Borderlands 1 (except for 2 hours of piddling around). There's some backstory, sure, and some character cameos you'd appreciate more maybe, but it's a very solid standalone game. I wouldn't worry about playing the first one as the story isn't the main attraction here (though it's not bad so far... great voice acting and writing). And wow the graphics on a high end PC are awesome! Super far draw distances, vibrant cell shading, cool physics.... very nice.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Answer my questions about multiplayer D:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote: You don't think there was hype around Borderlands 2? I... disagree? Anyway it does look pretty awesome. With multiplayer can you leave and join your friends' games as you want, or do you need to stick with a campaign?
I don't know maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I mean sure there is hype for every big new game, but it doesn't seem like it was on the scale of any long-awaited game like Diablo or Guild Wars 2 or anything. I'm not sure about the campaign stuff yet... I only really played yesterday and Kevin came into my game, but I'm not sure if I could join a campaign that's way farther along than mine. Maybe. It says it features "drop in drop out" campaign like Diablo, but I'm not sure if that means I can "drop in" to a game where I haven't unlocked that part of the storyline yet. I'll test it today if I can. Either way, it's super fun to play multiplayer and you can even duel and stuff and bet money on it. The main issue I can foresee is that loot is shared like oldschool Diablo so there might be squabbling over who took what, especially if you have the same classes playing together in a game.

edit: Yes joining any time does work. I was ahead of Kevin and he joined into my game. You can still get the game for like $43 bucks on greenmangaming.com with their coupon code GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY, and it activates on Steam (the game uses your steam friends to automatically let you see who's on and to jump in their games, kinda convenient so I don't have to set up a specific account for just this game like Diablo)
Last edited by Riot on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Table Tennis.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 am

Riot wrote:
Potter wrote:riot or anyone else I don't have much interesti n playing through borderlands 1, can I play two and enjoy it without doing so?
I didn't play Borderlands 1 (except for 2 hours of piddling around). There's some backstory, sure, and some character cameos you'd appreciate more maybe, but it's a very solid standalone game. I wouldn't worry about playing the first one as the story isn't the main attraction here (though it's not bad so far... great voice acting and writing). And wow the graphics on a high end PC are awesome! Super far draw distances, vibrant cell shading, cool physics.... very nice.

thank you I shall get it!
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

BL2 has been pretty fun. I'm playing the Commando. I have relations with a turret.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:40 pm

I was chillin' with my boy Havel, and he told me there is Dark Souls DLC coming on October 23rd.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I was chillin' with my boy Havel, and he told me there is Dark Souls DLC coming on October 23rd.
What, the same thing that just came out for PC? I like how they spent a bunch of time porting it to PC and it was a really gimpy version with low resolution and then the community basically fixed and tweaked what the devs couldn't figure out in like 2 days.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Riot wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I was chillin' with my boy Havel, and he told me there is Dark Souls DLC coming on October 23rd.
What, the same thing that just came out for PC? I like how they spent a bunch of time porting it to PC and it was a really gimpy version with low resolution and then the community basically fixed and tweaked what the devs couldn't figure out in like 2 days.
Artorias of the Abyss. Same on PC.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 am

Borderlands 2 has be pretty fun. I just beat True Vault Hunter mode yesterday, and the pacing was perfect. I hit level 50 (max level) when I beat the final boss, and the fight itself was everything I could have asked for in a game. It took around 20 minutes with a lot of close calls. I thought for sure my Fight for Your Life timer was going to run out not once, but three different times. First, my turret saved my butt out of nowhere. Second, I was firing slow moving rockets at a Volcanic Rakk. First two shots missed and my last shot managed to clip the edge of its hitbox. Third was me desperately looking for any enemy when I spotted a Crystalisk. Went full auto with my minigun and somehow managed the kill with absolutely no time remaining.

This game gets a lot of hate, but I'm really not sure why. It seems like they did just about everything right.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

"poor to fair" with accusations of fraud, sound legeeeett

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Some great moments (spoilers):

Funny because it caught me off guard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzSWCjozowU

TinyTina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC6GAUS_m6c#t=45s

HEYO! Steve is such a likable guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NiQqhwFn0

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah BL2 was pretty awesome. I wish there was harder stuff though. With a good shotgun (I have a Conference Call which pings shots all over the place for some reason and is pretty broken) and The Bee shield (equally broken with shotguns... like 45k amp damage per round), I end up doing like 1-1.5mil damage per shot so the Warrior dies in 2 times it comes up out of the lava and I can beat Terramorphous the Invincible the raid boss within 3-4 times of it coming up as well. I wonder if the DLC quests have harder bosses that don't just have more HP to compensate for people with good gear but have invincibility times or rage timers or something to challenge playstyles instead.

Either way, it was a good 50-60 hours!