What games are you currently playing?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Merk wrote:Now that the Starcraft 2 Beta is on hiatus I literally have nothing to do after work. I have FF 13 but I have to be in the right mood to play it.

Are there any deep and worthwhile Muliplayer experiences out there? Has anyone here played Red Dead Redemption?

No console FPS games please, people who prefer a controller over a mouse + keyboard are literally the worst kind of people.

Fuck maybe I should start Beatmania again
For some reason, I can actually aim better with analog sticks than with a mouse. Other than that, keyboard controls are usually better unless they put controls on awkward keys like left ctrl.

I don't really know any good multiplayer games since I don't really play multiplayer. Red Dead Redemption got a lot of really good reviews and its multiplayer is pretty highly regarded from what I've heard. You could check out the Mass Effect games too, even though they're not MP. They're still awesome.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:Red Dead Redemption is good, I played a bit at a friend's house. Also like I said in your other thread, you should check out Alan Wake.

Also goddammit Stweet Fight.
I watched this review on Alan Wake.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Alan-Wake

Doesn't sound especially good. I think I'd rather just skip all of the gameplay and watch it as a movie.
Yeah but he hates everything lol. He's funny, but I don't really take him seriously as a reviewer.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... lan%20Wake Metacritic gives it 8.3, user score 8.9.

Anyways, did you play Dead Rising? Dead Rising 2 comes out soon, looks pretty nuts. Gamespot recommend Dead Rising as the #2 game to get for 360, so they like it I guess. I kind of wanna get it on the Halo Reach beta... I've never really been a Halo fan, but it looks like they changed up a lot of stuff and the multiplayer is the main focus. Still want Red Dead Redemption as well... maybe if I get a job I can afford more stuff (though I won't have as much time, poo)

Looks like DJ Hero 2 coming out this fall as well.... free DLC right now too for 360/PS3. Maybe I'll check it out depending on the new tracklist.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dj-her ... -fall/2161

and the new Metal Gear for psp is out: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ear/101072 haven't dusted off the ol' PSP for awhile maybe I'll try it, assuming I can "acquire it"

also i'm a tiny bit stoked for Puzzle Quest 2... first one was super fun http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previ ... est/101084

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Riot wrote:Yeah but he hates everything lol. He's funny, but I don't really take him seriously as a reviewer.
True, but *usually* he's pretty right on in terms of complaints. He isn't much of a competitive gamer, so I'd skip over reviews for fighters. He also doesn't like JRPGs, so those tend to get slammed as well.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Riot wrote:also i'm a tiny bit stoked for Puzzle Quest 2... first one was super fun http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previ ... est/101084
I'm so hyped for this game. I loved the first one to pieces. I downloaded some atrocity called Puzzle Chronicles thinking it would be similar but it wasn't that great. Bad graphics, okay puzzle mechanics, dime a dozen paperback fantasy storyline. Decent enough for 10 bucks but if I would have paid 30 for the DS or PSP version I would have been pissed.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Finished Alpha Protocol but I think I'm going to play through again to get more trophies. This time I'm playing on easy. The AI is so dumb I can just run straight at a guy shooting at me, he'll drop his guard, and I'll pummel him to death before he realizes what to do.

Think I might try for the 5 trophies I have left to get in Assassin's Creed II and then start up another game or finish Dragon Age: Origins. And grind some more on Final Fantasy XIII for money :/

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Super Mario Galaxy 2.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:48 am

The X wrote:Super Mario Galaxy 2.

wassup matt!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:06 am

Potter wrote:
The X wrote:Super Mario Galaxy 2.

wassup matt!
Yo! Been a while. :D
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:07 am

Since my PS3 got the yellow light of death I'm playing Mass Effect. Fixing the PS3 tomorrow.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:36 am

Mafia Wars!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

Riot wrote:
and the new Metal Gear for psp is out:
It's amazing, i may have only played Twin Snakes and just started MGS:2, but this one is awesome.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Dragon Quest IX

if you love JRPGs and have a DS, this game must be played

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Can I "acquire" it on an old R4?

Anyways, mainly just SSF4 and FFXIV beta when it's open.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah still playing ITG

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:08 pm