Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: STARCRAFT

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:Guess what game I can't buy on my lunch break because my work is being a Hitler and chaining me to my desk?

At least I'm getting a free albeit shitty lunch. Does anyone really like Paradise Cafe? God!
Tim gon be mad.
Oh noes! WhiteDragon, Destroyer of Worlds, is gonna come after you now! We need to protect Merk from his freestyling wrath!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:53 pm

What's everybody's name / friend code? I'm on this game a lot and I wouldn't mind enjoying a game or two with IndyDDR peeps. I'll post mine once I figure out what it is (I'm still at work, obv).

Frisbez
Standard
Standard

Post by Frisbez » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Hopefully buying this after I get paid this weekend. I'll let you know then. I'll be a complete newb though. I never played the original, and wasn't planning on getting this until I started watching youtube videos of some high tier matches...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Frisbez wrote:Hopefully buying this after I get paid this weekend. I'll let you know then. I'll be a complete newb though. I never played the original, and wasn't planning on getting this until I started watching youtube videos of some high tier matches...
That's my hesitation... all my friends play it, but they played the original and know what to do. I'd like to play with them maybe, but don't want to invest that much time to learning it and all the things you've gotta do to be competitive light years bey9ond just the basics. It's too intimidating to start now I think.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 pm

No no no this is really the best time to start playing if you really want to start playing. Everyone in the lower leagues (bronze, silver) is pretty bad. Yeah you're gonna get stomped if you get matched up with a Gold/Plat/Diamond player but hey, Starcraft is much like Street Fighter in the sense that you learn from mistakes and the more you play the better your timing gets and the better player you become.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

I also just wish games didn't take so long. I like Street Fighter because it's fast paced and done within 2 minutes, but is still super tactical. It's intimidating to do one or two things wrong or forget to do something and then be behind. Plus I dunno how much I like micromanaging everything. If the game was cheaper I'd try it maybe, but it's one of those things that I think I would suck at, only play at lans, and forget about because I'm too busy with other stuff/games.

I DUNNO =(

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Yeah you do make an excellent point.

I don't know, I can kind of zone out in SF and still do okay but god damn if I zone out in Starcraft I'm pretty much doomed unless my opponent sucks hard.

Frisbez
Standard
Standard

Post by Frisbez » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:18 pm

You can't do LAN play :( at least at the moment.

Matches aren't THAT long though both from what I've seen online and from some friends. I'd say you can expect maybe 30-45 minutes for a longer match, and some will be much shorter. I watched a match on youtube win in 11 minutes after almost getting wiped in the first 5. He managed to somehow keep one of his big mech robots (Thors?) alive somehow after a big rush from his opponent and then counterpunched before the other dude could build anymore stuff.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:29 am

I found a pretty unique bug yesterday actually while playing a 2v2 with my buddy.

I picked up a Thor with one of my Medivacs because it was getting surrounded by a bunch of zerglings. I must have picked it up right as it reached 0 HP because the little "Medivac picking up a Thor" animation finished and you could see the Thor attached to the Medivac as it flew around but I absolutely could not drop the Thor back on to the ground. In fact, there wasn't even an "unload" command for the Medivac and I'm sure if I had any units left I could have loaded some stuff into the Medivac.

I'm pretty sure I still had food allocated for the Thor as well so this is a pretty shitty bug!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Somehow I just let a Terran player tech to battlecruisers who let me roach burrow and blow all of his scvs...

God dammit.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 pm

How did you lose? Did you retreat after killing all his SCVs?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Merk wrote:How did you lose? Did you retreat after killing all his SCVs?
He finished off my roaches with vikings and since I saw his starports I started teching to hydras/corrupters...shoulda just roach swarmed him again. Oh well.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Could you not burrow your roaches when he dropped his Vikings?!?!?!?!

I don't play Zerg at all but you probably would have sealed the deal if you pumped a shit load of zerglings and kept the pressure on. I take it he had a wall-in that your roaches burrowed under? Did you get any of his expos? Battlecruisers take a shit load of resources to produce and there is no way he could have done it on just one base especially if you killed his workers.

Fuuuuuuck I like Starcraft.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Merk wrote:Could you not burrow your roaches when he dropped his Vikings?!?!?!?!

I don't play Zerg at all but you probably would have sealed the deal if you pumped a shit load of zerglings and kept the pressure on. I take it he had a wall-in that your roaches burrowed under? Did you get any of his expos? Battlecruisers take a shit load of resources to produce and there is no way he could have done it on just one base especially if you killed his workers.

Fuuuuuuck I like Starcraft.
He didn't touch his natural but I didn't have an overlord at every mineral spawn so dunno. He scanned my roaches. I didn't keep pressure :(.

Since he was turtling hardcore to get those cruisers, I should've had 4 expansions going and just destroyed his economy but I kept with two for some reason.