Halo

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:27 pm

Plenty of games have multiplayer like Halo 2. It's nothing special, it's just a pretty straight forward arena build. Hell, the original Doom was one of the first games to introduce your basic deathmatch arena, and there were plenty of other games that put their own spin on it, but the basic premise has been the same since, what...1994?
As far as valuing your life goes, counter strike does a much better job of that. You don't respawn. At least, in the version I played that's how it worked.You didn't respawn until your team either won the game, or they all died and you ALL respawn to try again. Talk about valuing your life!
I'm not bashing you though, Shammers. You're defenitely more mature than you're average 'OMG halo rulez!!1!1' fan. And you realize why Halo is so popular, so you get extra points.

I've never said Halo is a bad game, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying it's hideously over-rated. Anyone who enjoys Halo really, really should get out there and sample some of the other FPS games in the genre.
Actually, if you like Halo, Quake 4 might be right up your alley. It has some similar aspects to it, in the fact that you can work with other marines, and there are plenty of nasty critters to shoot at. It's fun, I'd recommend it. Graphics are excellent as well.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:35 pm

I'll go ahead and bump since my gamertag thread got locked. I'm danc1005, just send me a friend request saying something about how ur from indyddr, and I'll accept it.
These are my stats: http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/stats.sw ... 2=0xDBFF16 and that link has my custom colors on it too cuz I'm cool like that. Don't bother if you're a modder/standbyer.

-Dan

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Halo 2 kicks ass, when i had it, i went out and ended up busting $20 for the multiplayer map expansion... AND IT KICKED MORE ASS. But thats only when multiplayer comes around, the original Halo's storyline was one of the best i had seen in a long time...

wow... i first person shooter with an understandable storyline... KICK ASS!
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Its called System Shock 2.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Harleigh RVNG wrote: But thats only when multiplayer comes around, the original Halo's storyline was one of the best i had seen in a long time...
You might wanna shop around a bit then. Try Half Life/2, or FEAR. Both have a rather cinematic feel to them.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Harleigh RVNG wrote: But thats only when multiplayer comes around, the original Halo's storyline was one of the best i had seen in a long time...
You might wanna shop around a bit then. Try Half Life/2, or FEAR. Both have a rather cinematic feel to them.
I meant between Halo and Halo 2 mainly...
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:02 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Its called System Shock 2.
Wow that was an amazing game... I think you can actually download it for free now... That game was simply amazing.... plus training/tutorial was so innovative... *installs SS2 again*
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:28 pm

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 am

Man, I'm waiting for Halo 3 to come out. I've been looking around for little clues, even the other day at FYE in the Greenwood park mall, I saw a Halo 3 poster. I'm not sure what that was about, but it got my hopes up. Now bungie is trying to cover up the release of Halo 3.

I enjoy Halo now. A long time ago it was like "RAWR11!!111 NUB I PWN U FGT!!!, But, it's just a game.

All my friends are getting Xbox live now and they're getting really into the game and just totally ignoring the outside world and I keep telling them to play in moderation because sooner or later the game will become more than just a game, it'll be like, embedded in your blood. I still play halo people. Yes.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:17 pm

Extreme fanatics of anything are band, be it religion, games, music, etc. Everything is best taken in moderation.

Except bacon. Bacon for the win, bitches.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:30 pm

Bacon wins, your heart fails!
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:42 am

But it fails happy!

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 am

NEW XBOX LIVE GT: xL Vendetta Lx

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:27 am

Ooo I'll add.

-Dan

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:22 am

dance1005 wrote:I'll go ahead and bump since my gamertag thread got locked. I'm danc1005, just send me a friend request saying something about how ur from indyddr, and I'll accept it.
These are my stats: http://www.haloimpulse.com/sig/stats.sw ... 2=0xDBFF16 and that link has my custom colors on it too cuz I'm cool like that. Don't bother if you're a modder/standbyer.

-Dan
I find that statement as a sort of prejudice there friend. Modders (like myself) tend to be the people who arent all crazy into the game. And the people that get way too into the game get extremely annoying and its all boring.

(I dont mod to cheat.... I mod for fun. If you wanna see the mods gimme a Friend Request at any of the following... (Llama Juice and EyE R Smert are both banned accounts that I mod on)
Llama Juice
The Juicy Llama
EyE R Smert
ImNakie11x
GameTourneys
FinaI Drive 89

No I dont pay for all of these... there was an exploit that I took advantage of for free XBL accounts :D (you could type in a subscription code that gets you a free... YEAR subscription and you could use the same code over and over again... they dissabled that code now though... )

The Code was

Code: Select all

CCCCC-CCCCC-CCCCC-CCCCC-CCCCC
lmao....