Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 am

From what I've seen in trailers and in E3 footage, this looks to be just about the coolest game I've ever seen: Scribblenauts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIz55VIE-I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnsOx9Akcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEUbtgpIgo

I'm almost ready to buy a DS for this.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Ho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:59 am

I wasn't. But I may be now...

That does look pretty entertaining.
Image

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 am

Looks kinda like Drawn to Life, only you just spell out what you want rather than actually draw it.

I'm curious to how extensive the dictionary in the game is. I can't say I'm excited about the game, though.

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Well, the third video I posted can attest to that.
It includes such diverse vocabulary as kraken, jackalope, Einstein, God, and snowman. Unfortunately, no Obama.
Not to mention that it hasn't even come out yet, and I'm sure they're still coming up with new ideas to add words.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Riot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 pm

I dunno.... it seems very unlikely that they can add art assets for that many words and cram them all onto a tiny DS cartridge...
Image

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by danc1005 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:11 am

Riot wrote:I dunno.... it seems very unlikely that they can add art assets for that many words and cram them all onto a tiny DS cartridge...
I know...not to mention the potential interactions between characters (i.e. flamethrower melts snowman). Shit is crazy
Image

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:30 am

they've unlocked turbobyte storage
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm

From the Wiki:

Miah proposed the idea to co-founder and technical director Marius Fahlbusch, who immediately took to it, saying that they could handle it. Marius began work on a tool called "Objectnaut", a data-driven system, which allows the developers to write in a word, and then write in various properties, including weight, size, if it can be picked up, if it can catch on fire, and other properties. Miah used the elephant as an example, saying that instead of having to write in that it has organic flesh, they can merely write in "animal", and the Objectnaut would assume that it would have organic flesh. Further, he states that because it has organic flesh, it may be eaten by other animals such as a tiger

They really could fit a whole encyclopedia into the cart if they wanted to.

Name: Riot
Sex: Male
Weight: Fat
Attributes: Gay, Good Hair, Socially Awkward

0
---
/\


See? Easy.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Fort Wayne

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm

well each object still needs unique graphics

a horse is gonna look a lot different from a tiger, etc

but still, those graphics & animations aren't going to take up a lot of room, I think DS cartridges are 128MB

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:From the Wiki:

Miah proposed the idea to co-founder and technical director Marius Fahlbusch, who immediately took to it, saying that they could handle it. Marius began work on a tool called "Objectnaut", a data-driven system, which allows the developers to write in a word, and then write in various properties, including weight, size, if it can be picked up, if it can catch on fire, and other properties. Miah used the elephant as an example, saying that instead of having to write in that it has organic flesh, they can merely write in "animal", and the Objectnaut would assume that it would have organic flesh. Further, he states that because it has organic flesh, it may be eaten by other animals such as a tiger

They really could fit a whole encyclopedia into the cart if they wanted to.

Name: Riot
Sex: Male
Weight: Fat
Attributes: Gay, Good Hair, Socially Awkward

0
---
/\


See? Easy.
Still doesn't really explain how they are gonna fit that many art assets and stuff into the game. I understand that you can program a lot of stuff to do similar things based off just one or two little programs, but to have little jpegs of everything will be pretty big. My hair alone is like 5mb.

Also Bad Fagner, do you have any London Elektricity albums? I liked that one "Remember the Future" song.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:30 am

Riot wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:From the Wiki:

Miah proposed the idea to co-founder and technical director Marius Fahlbusch, who immediately took to it, saying that they could handle it. Marius began work on a tool called "Objectnaut", a data-driven system, which allows the developers to write in a word, and then write in various properties, including weight, size, if it can be picked up, if it can catch on fire, and other properties. Miah used the elephant as an example, saying that instead of having to write in that it has organic flesh, they can merely write in "animal", and the Objectnaut would assume that it would have organic flesh. Further, he states that because it has organic flesh, it may be eaten by other animals such as a tiger

They really could fit a whole encyclopedia into the cart if they wanted to.

Name: Riot
Sex: Male
Weight: Fat
Attributes: Gay, Good Hair, Socially Awkward

0
---
/\


See? Easy.
Still doesn't really explain how they are gonna fit that many art assets and stuff into the game. I understand that you can program a lot of stuff to do similar things based off just one or two little programs, but to have little jpegs of everything will be pretty big. My hair alone is like 5mb.

Also Bad Fagner, do you have any London Elektricity albums? I liked that one "Remember the Future" song.
Nah, I should get some though. I just have a lot of Hospital compilations.

Also you would be surprised how much data you can cram into a small package when you try. We're just very used to everything being bloated these days.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote: Nah, I should get some though. I just have a lot of Hospital compilations.

Also you would be surprised how much data you can cram into a small package when you try.
We're just very used to everything being bloated these days.
My dog was sure surprised! yiff yiff

Image
Image

User avatar
letshavetea
Standard
Standard
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:41 am
Location: The internet.
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by letshavetea » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01 pm

chocobojoe wrote:well each object still needs unique graphics

a horse is gonna look a lot different from a tiger, etc

but still, those graphics & animations aren't going to take up a lot of room, I think DS cartridges are 128MB
They can go up to 256MB actually :3

And you'd be surprised how many tiny tiny pictures you can fit in 256mb lol

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Potter » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.

LOL
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Is anybody else excited as SHIT for this game?

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 am

Image
Image

Post Reply