ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 pm

The only difference between paying $29.99 to download something, and paying $29.99 in a store for a game, is you have to go to a store.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Well like they said there is too much stuff to fit in a DLC. They're not selling it for full price, so hopefully it's not too much. I personally think SF4 is a really good game, but you have to practice and play a lot, and accept the game on its own terms. You're not going to like it unless you play a lot, learn the intricacies, get good(ish), and play people online for good competition. Sounds like all the tweaks and additions they're making are the ones that I would have complained about in the past, so so far it all sounds great to me.

And SDP I didn't mind the 360 controller when I used it (it's probably got the best joystick, though the D-Pad is horrendous if you use that), but I have an arcade stick now. I think the game is pretty tight when it comes to controls and polished and pretty complete, so further polishing and upgrades will make it even better. I'm curious to what kind of character balance they will be putting in and what ultras I will be getting to play with =)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 am

2010 is around the corner. Nobody cares about SF IV anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_2010

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am

Capcom should do the HD remake treatment like they did with Bionic Commando.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:22 pm

HD Remix of SF2010? I think that only works if people actually played the original.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1030332p1.html

Extended interview ^

Best part is possibly the fact that they're changing the ghastly theme song

"Indeeeestructablleeeeee"

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:58 pm

More Super Street Fighter 4 details have emerged from the Micromania Game Show that was held in France recently.

• He confirmed characters will have two Ultra moves.

• Some of the new commands to execute an Ultra are very unique.

• There were 36 character boxes on the select screen. With 25 current characters, plus 10 new fighters and a random select box, it comes out to 36 slots total. This lends more weight to the rumors of 10 new characters being in the game.

• The character select screen is completely different than it was in Street Fighter 4.

• Yoshinori Ono is still pushing hard to get an arcade release made.

• He was asked if the big announcement next week will relate to characters or new online modes, Ono said it was the latter.

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is now a mash punch command. It's no longer done by charging down and then pressing up + punch.

• T. Hawk's Condor Spire (horizontal Hawk Dive) is a reverse Dragon Punch command.

• You can follow an EX-Tomahawk Buster with an EX-Condor Dive. This takes two EX meters.

• Yoshinori feels that a Darkstalkers revival is possible.

• Throws are too easy to land in Capcom's eyes and they plan to tweak some things to fix this. Ono wants jumps to have fewer startup frames.

• Some properties for Dragon Punches/Tiger Uppercuts might change, Capcom wants to give players more tools to counter these attacks.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... eo/6239400

4 new modes announced. the team battles look pretty awesome actually, and hopefully the replay theater means I can save my own replays whenever I want not just watch the top-ranked replays like it is now. I am still excited =)

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Riot wrote: • Throws are too easy to land in Capcom's eyes and they plan to tweak some things to fix this. Ono wants jumps to have fewer startup frames.

• Some properties for Dragon Punches/Tiger Uppercuts might change, Capcom wants to give players more tools to counter these attacks.
I like.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:15 pm

So Cody, Adon, and Guy are all confirmed with screenshots and everything... and look what Guy is swatting away in this picture:

Looks like Ibuki's little kunai weapon. Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto are pretty much rumored to be revealed next, and screenshots like this kinda confirm it.

trailer video showing off new characters' moves and looks: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/supe ... ot;thumb;1

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 pm

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1813

Seems like Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley, Hakan, and a new character dubbed "Shadow" who throws Sonic Booms are up next in line to be revealed. Charlie or Remy?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:54 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... reet/60457

holy balls

mecha zangief lol. also new ultras look awesome

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am

Mecha Zangief and Apollo Balrog from the Rocky series!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

30 New Ultras video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKV0wCC ... feature=iv

awesomeeeeee

• Sagat's Tiger Uppercut damage and stamina have been reduced. Sagat had 1100 stamina before, now he looks closer to 1000. He's still very good. Tiger Cannon was confirmed as Sagat's second Ultra.

• T. Hawk's two Ultras are Raging Slash and Raging Typhoon. He is REALLY powerful, most of his moves take off a lot of life, but surprisingly his 360 command grab doesn't. He was a surprise to a lot of people watching him, he seemed a lot better than most people anticipated. Good stamina rating too, can take a beating.

• E. Honda's second Ultra is the Orochi Breaker. Likely a 720 motion + 3x Punch command grab. He does an Oicho Throw ending with a huge butt splash, damage on this is good, but seems to be a bit easy to counter right now.

• Guile's second Ultra has been confirmed as the Sonic Hurricane.

• Ryu Metsu Shoryuken will still hit, but do much less damage if the initial couple of attacks do not land. If this connects fully though it takes off a lot of life. His Hard Punch Shoryuken hits twice now, instead of once if you connect with it from up close.

• Chun-Li's second Ultra is her Kikosho (Super Fireball). It's a double quarter circle forward command + 3x Punch — not a charge move. It can be comboed into after landing her EX-Lightning Legs. Good chip damage too, looks a lot like her Third Strike Kikosho Super Art.

• Vega's second Ultra is the Splendid Claw. He does a slide attack and then does a series of moves ending with a vicious looking upwards slash. You should be able to combo into this.

• Rufus' EX-Snake Strike doesn't appear to do as much damage any more. His new Ultra is the Big Bang Typhoon, he spins around in a tornado pummeling his opponent. Looks to be a real good anti-air attack.

• Juri's Feng Shui Engine Ultra is a 'custom combo' move which triggers a timer that ticks down. Might be very similar to Yun's Genei Jin in Third Strike. The Kaisen Dankiraku Ultra is the one you've been seeing in all of the videos.

• Balrog has a Dirty Bull Ultra move. It's a 360 command grab + 3x Punch. Recovery time if this misses is fast, but seems to have a lot of start up time, for a grab.

• Zangief's second Ultra is the Siberian Blizzard. 720 motion + 3x Kicks in the air. This grabs an airborne enemy, but also, reportedly, a grounded opponent if you're close enough.

• Cody's knife seems to be really good, if he can manage to pick it up and hold on to it he can do some big damage. His Final Destruction Ultra is a series of punches ending in a tornado uppercut. Last Dread Dust is other Ultra that we've seen in the videos multiple times.

• Dee Jay's EX-Dread Kicks no longer crumple his enemy. His Ultras are the Sobat Festival which is a charge back then forward, back-forward + 3 Kicks move. This is the one you've seen in the videos a lot. Climax Beat is the other Ultra, it's done like Guile's current Ultra move in SF4.

• Guy's Bushin Muso Renge Ultra is a grab apparently. Not heavy on the damage, but coupled with his speed, a grab Ultra could be pretty darn good.

• Dhalsim's second Ultra is the Yoga Shangri-La. Can only be used in the air, makes it a threat when coupled with his air teleport.

• Dan's second Ultra is the Haoh Gadoken. Double fireball + 3x Kicks. Dan's winds up and unleashes a gigantic fireball into his opponent.

• M. Bison's second Ultra is the Psycho Punisher. Some people compared this to Abel's Ultra in the first Street Fighter 4 game.

• Adon's Jaguar Kick breaks armor. A very common move for Adon players, should make him difficult to Focus Absorb.

• C. Viper Burning Dance Ultra takes off a healthy portion of life.

Here's the names of the new Ultras in Super Street Fighter 4 courtesy of DarkSkillz. If it isn't listed here, it wasn't shown on the stream.

Abel - Breathless
Adon - Jaguar Revolver | Jaguar Avalanche
Akuma - Demon Armageddon
Balrog - Dirty Bull
Blanka - Shout of Earth
Cammy - C.Q.C (Cammy Quick Combination)
Chun Li - Kikosho
Cody - Final Destruction | Last Dread Dust
C.Viper - Burning Dance
Dan - Haoh Gadoken
Dee Jay - Sobat Festival | Climax Beat
Dhalsim - Yoga Shangri-La
E.Honda - Orochi Breaker
El Fuerte - El Fuerte Ultra Spark
Fei Long - Gekirinken
Gen - Shitenketsu / Teiga
Gouken -
Guile - Sonic Hurricane
Guy - Bushin Goraisenpujin | Bushin Muso Renge
Juri - Feng Shui Engine | Kaisan Dankairaku
Ken - Guren Senpukyaku
M.Bison - Psycho Punisher
Rose -
Rufus - Big Bang Typhoon
Ryu - Metsu Shoryuken
Sagat - Tiger Cannon
Sakura - Shinku Hadoken
Seth -
T.Hawk - Raging Typhoon | Raging Slash
Vega - Splendid Claw
Zangief - Siberian Blizzard

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 am

pfft why would anyone wanna play this lame wanna be game when they could BlazBlue instead?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

BlazBlue is fun but Street Fighter IV is better.