ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Riot Chad and I are going to EVO by the way would you like to come? It is in July.

I am actually being 100% serious too

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I talked to him on the phone not on the internet which is a big step for me which is why I brought up the EVO thing and I am 100% serious about winning EVO but actually I'm still really bad at this game and do stupid stuff and get kinda mad but I want to get better so I need good opponents and I figure there might be a few good players at EVO also I am an English teacher lol how does it feel to know that I don't know how to punctuate a sentence or maybe I do and this is just authorial intent for style purposes or maybe not good night

also I would need my stick but tournies will be held on ps3 and I don't want to mod my controller so bleh

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm not going to lie I just want to go EVO as a means of going to Las Vegas and playing poker for dollars. Other than flipping hanging out with my friends and getting free drinks and eating tasty comestibles of course. Riot you'll have a good time - there will be video games.

Look I am not a huge NIPPONESE #1 USA #10 BAKA NE retard. But fighting games in general just sound better when they're in Japanese. It's a nice aesthetic since fake anime martial arts are a product of Asia and I feel that dubbing the voices puts an unnecessary American spin on the game. They'll probably give the option for both so really there's no point in discussing this other than to explain my thoughts on the English voice actors.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Merk wrote:I'm not going to lie I just want to go EVO as a means of going to Las Vegas and playing poker for dollars. Other than flipping hanging out with my friends and getting free drinks and eating tasty comestibles of course. Riot you'll have a good time - there will be video games.

Look I am not a huge NIPPONESE #1 USA #10 BAKA NE retard. But fighting games in general just sound better when they're in Japanese. It's a nice aesthetic since fake anime martial arts are a product of Asia and I feel that dubbing the voices puts an unnecessary American spin on the game. They'll probably give the option for both so really there's no point in discussing this other than to explain my thoughts on the English voice actors.
Merk you are one of the best posters on the internet. I want to fight you in Street Fighter but I don't want you to lose your money in Vegas, think of your children. You want them to grow up like us, dependent on superfluous technology, afraid of personal connections outside our huddled hovels, our faces glowing blue, basking in the faint buzz of our televisions, living vicariously through little white and blue rectangles set to bleeps and bloops or colorful cliched anime characters going through the motions one more time to save the world just like the last hundred spiky haired amnesiac heroes washed up on a beach in some tiny village. You must have enough money to provide them with these distractions so that they grow up into shadows of our own visages, and thus, our only friends.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Riot wrote:
Merk wrote:I'm not going to lie I just want to go EVO as a means of going to Las Vegas and playing poker for dollars. Other than flipping hanging out with my friends and getting free drinks and eating tasty comestibles of course. Riot you'll have a good time - there will be video games.

Merk you are one of the best posters on the internet. I want to fight you in Street Fighter but I don't want you to lose your money in Vegas, think of your children. You want them to grow up like us, dependent on superfluous technology, afraid of personal connections outside our huddled hovels, our faces glowing blue, basking in the faint buzz of our televisions, living vicariously through little white and blue rectangles set to bleeps and bloops or colorful cliched anime characters going through the motions one more time to save the world just like the last hundred spiky haired amnesiac heroes washed up on a beach in some tiny village. You must have enough money to provide them with these distractions so that they grow up into shadows of our own visages, and thus, our only friends.
What if our lives were video games that aliens were playing?

MIND BLOWN

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:

What if our lives were video games that aliens were playing?

MIND BLOWN
Then whichever alien is playing my life is a fucking noob.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Lots of new gameplay vids of all the new characters on eventhubs.com

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 am

even thubs

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I just won 21 ranked matches in a row

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Riot wrote:I just won 21 ranked matches in a row
Buy me a stick and I'll cannon spike you to oblivion.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Okay so I knew Hakan would be weird.

But not this damn weird:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1076121p1.html

watch the first video

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/ ... -mrwizard/

some gameplay changes. I'll have to see how not-terrible Akuma's new ultra is if it is easily comboable from the air fireball...

good news for Dudley players, apparently he's like #1 top tier now

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:13 pm

So since there are team battles online for SSF4 who wants to be on my team?

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Maybe. Depends on if this game sucks or not.

Do I have to get an Xbox?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Game is gonna be pro I can feel it in my BONES.

And yes you have to get it on 360 because that's what I have it for and that's what Chad is going to get it for, and Chad is on my team by default even if he doesn't know that yet.

Here's a new Dudley gameplay video. I can't remember if you like Dudley that much but yeah apparently he is really good. From the looks of what I've seen and heard about the game, it seems like everything has been sped-up so the game is faster like 3rd Strike. I am super pumped. If you look in the related videos there are a few more new gameplay vids. Guy looks like he might kinda be my style because it looks like he has a demon flip-esque move. And it looks like Makoto can ultra out of her grab! And dang look at 1:47 in the Makoto video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Uq_mYt ... re=channel )

Dudley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4hfuiB ... re=channel

The announcer kinda sucks though!

Here's a link that shows all the new gameplay vids in one spot: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/ ... e-ruliweb/

It looks like ultra damage was slightly reduced across the board, which I don't know if I'm that happy about since I rely on it a lot as Akuma. But it will probably stop me from overly relying on it like I do now! Although a lot of these ultras are being done in combos or out of focus attacks which reduces damage a lot.