ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by Riot » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm

I think it MIIIIIGHT be R. Mika / Hugo. There's a Hugo player icon on the AE cab, though it might just be a goofy little reward. And Ono is always saying how Mika is his favorite. They're both wrestlers.

But anyways I'm too hyped for Oni and maybe even playing Evil Ryu because he looks like I'd adapt well to his playstyle. Oni looks to play completely different from what I hear though, but his overall style is pretty much up my alley. Evil Ryu is basically Akuma without the vortex shenanigans and with a comboable ultra... while the vortex is one of my favorite aspects, it also gets me in trouble since I am constantly jumping in and basically reinforces bad habits and remains my main weakness. No air fireballs, no demon flips, etc... I usually get stuffed a lot trying to demon flip in and it costs me lots of matches, but on the other hand, it can be a great punish and way to get across the screen quickly. Sooooo he might be a nice transition, but still Oni looks too cool.

Here's one of the top Akuma players playing Evil Ryu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mMb9xS ... r_embedded#!

He looks like a much more rushdown style Akuma player with the signature Ryu FADC into ultra. Pretty beastly. Additional specific character notes - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/ ... /#comments

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Pretty good Dudley video with a Pendulum song in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcWGZow ... r_embedded

Looks like just short little jabs are better pressure than you'd think.

Amazing Gouken player too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIADPzwU ... dded#at=22

Gouken's getting buffs I think he'll be pretty good in AE

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:21 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/ ... e-edition/

June 7th, 360, PS3, and surprisingly PC release. Looks like it's $15 for DLC, and I guess there's a disk-based release as well (which will be nice for bringing to other peoples' houses and tourneys so you don't have to rely on having it installed on your HDD. I bet the disk will be more expensive though as a more updated Super for those that didn't pick that up, so likely most people will just get the DLC). EVO is adopting SSF4:AE as the tourney game. Killian says AE is the end of SF4, so maybe we'll see a SF5 within the next two or three years.

Pretty pumped, although it's gonna seem SOOOOOO slow after playing MvC3 and I'll have to readjust to strict timing. Yang and Oni look fun though; Akuma is still pretty top tier so I won't drop him, but Yang is pretty high too. Yun and Fei are tops though, followed by Akuma/Ken/Makoto/Yang.

Here's a lot of new stuff on Street Fighter x Tekken too. Don't care about Tekken, but if it's on the SF engine I'll play it:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/ ... -x-tekken/

I kinda like that it's mixing in a partner for more combo options like MvC3.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri May 06, 2011 8:10 pm

3rd Strike Online "deluge of news" in 4 weeks apparently. It has the highest budget of any digital distribution game Capcom has done, including SF2 with the re-drawn sprites. I wonder what content they're adding.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri May 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Capcom, please don't fuck up one of the best fighting games you've ever made.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

keke just ran across the video from the SSF4 tournament I went to late last year that I did pretty well in. This guy is actually pretty good (found him online awhile after and he had like 3500 pp, 7500 bp sagat), but he raged after... well, my raging demons. He was really mad and talked a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aROqZGut0R8

I was dropping everything because the TVs we were playing on felt so different... the timing was so weird playing at tourneys, I always do bad because of inconsistencies. I probably play online too much and get that muscle memory driven in. I didn't enter SSF4 for EVO, just Marvel, but I'm excited to start playing more when AE comes out.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 am

Hooooooly shit I would be pissed if I was that guy. Raging demons are like the biggest troll in Street Fighter.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 am

rofl I love Juicebox so much. He switched from Abel to Juri and I guess he had to come up with a new dance

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 pm

rumor mongering

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 am

God damn just put in new 3rd strike characters instead of rehashing all the ones that showed up in SF4. Hugo doesn't count he was already chilling in the background of one of the SF4 stages.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Merk wrote:God damn just put in new 3rd strike characters instead of rehashing all the ones that showed up in SF4. Hugo doesn't count he was already chilling in the background of one of the SF4 stages.
Ibuki in every game, ever, imo.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Lots of big changes. Cody and Deejay got a lot of buffs and I wouldn't be surprised to see them around top 8. Juri got a lot of sweet stuff including going into u1 from a pinwheel and meter gain during u2. Dudley got buffed so he can do more frame traps and stuff. Gouken got a ton of buffs too, along with good stuff for evil ryu and oni. The twins and fei got nerfed obviously and akuma is getting some real dumb unnecessary nerfs too. Demon palm isn't an overhead anymore and more frames after a forward throw which screws up setting up the blurted. Meh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsdJtqe ... r_embedded#!