Mirror's Edge

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Mirror's Edge

Post by Riot » Wed May 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Just saw this trailer, thought it looked kinda cool. At least the music is good too =) Game looks pretty clean, acrobatics in a free-exploration city might be interesting.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33585.html

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Mirror's Edge

Post by lgolem » Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm

can we has plot or story maybe???

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed May 07, 2008 7:42 pm

This is actually one game that I have been very interested in as I am a fan of freerunning and parkour.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:12 am

New video showing the story has been uploaded onto the main site, http://www.mirrorsedge.com/

I have been doing some digging into this game now, the demo is supposed to release next week on Live, I have this thing fully preordered, there is also news of the author making a comic book series with DC comics..might be worth looking into. This game has raised higher on my list of games to pick up after seeing the new vids of Fallout 3, I don't care for what I see in Fallout 3 anymore >_<.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:33 am

and a month later, the Demo appears...little more than a week before launch....lol. But still I downloaded it last night and it doesn't disappoint, the controls are a little hard to get used to at first but all in all it is a great game and look forward to the final release here soon :)

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 am

i also played the demo. i thought it was pretty good overall but we shall see!
Team KIMO represent!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 am

I'm on the last 2/3rds of the game. I'ts been awesome, the extremely contrasty and vibrant colors blow my mind. The gameplay is great too
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Potter wrote:I'm on the last 2/3rds of the game. I'ts been awesome, the extremely contrasty and vibrant colors blow my mind. The gameplay is great too
I heard it gets kind of repetitive.
Agree/Disagree?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 am

danc1005 wrote:
Potter wrote:I'm on the last 2/3rds of the game. I'ts been awesome, the extremely contrasty and vibrant colors blow my mind. The gameplay is great too
Agree/Disagree?
as for the levels and environment, not at all. with the gameplay, it repetitively pissed me off whenever I got shot and killed by the 1984 men when I wasnt running fast enough to get away. Halfway through the game I decided to start stealing their weapons and picking them all off, and it's been one of the best games I've played ever since. It's honestly the best gun sound effects and animation I've ever heard/seen. it completely blows every modern game out of the water in that regard, I just roam around shooting these gigantic sounding ridiculous guns while climbing up walls and shit
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:39 am

Potter wrote:
danc1005 wrote:
Agree/Disagree?
as for the levels and environment, not at all. with the gameplay, it repetitively pissed me off whenever I got shot and killed by the 1984 men when I wasnt running fast enough to get away. Halfway through the game I decided to start stealing their weapons and picking them all off, and it's been one of the best games I've played ever since. It's honestly the best gun sound effects and animation I've ever heard/seen. it completely blows every modern game out of the water in that regard, I just roam around shooting these gigantic sounding ridiculous guns while climbing up walls and shit
Metroid?