Post by chocobojoe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 pm

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Re: PS3 sales will go through the roof in June

Post by CgSquall » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Sure they will..but

BUT

Personally I think PS3 sales will jump a LOT more once Final Fantasy 13's launch date comes around...

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 am

When the full version of Gran Turismo 5 comes out (not the Prologue version being released next week) sales will go to the moon.
But you're right a lot of people will buy just for FFXIII. That's one of the top 5 reasons I got the system in the first place :D

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:15 am

Usually Gran Turismo isn't my bag, but since they will have free episodes of Top Gear and even their test track I'm interested in checking this out.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:48 am

My roommate has been arguing with himself over whether or not to get one. He's a HUGE racing game fan and so GT5 is a huge..... turn on? for him.

It's just funny though because he's like "There's gunna be other games on the PS3 that aren't on the X360... right?... like.... ones worth buying?.... I can't buy a system for only one game... that's just wrong....."

silly little man.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 am

lol there's already a few i can think of that are worth buying
Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Folklore

and then upcoming MGS4, FFXIII (and versus XIII), etc

Tell him to wait for this model to buy the system though, it'll be worth it since $500 for the 80 gig model with MGS4 ($60 retail) and a dual shock 3 controller ($55 retail) is a helluva deal. 80 gig model has full backwards compatibility too :]

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:15 pm

chocobojoe wrote:lol there's already a few i can think of that are worth buying
Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Folklore

and then upcoming MGS4, FFXIII (and versus XIII), etc

Tell him to wait for this model to buy the system though, it'll be worth it since $500 for the 80 gig model with MGS4 ($60 retail) and a dual shock 3 controller ($55 retail) is a helluva deal. 80 gig model has full backwards compatibility too :]
what joe said. uncharted is amazing.
Team KIMO represent!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:01 pm

I call NEDM!!!

Not Even Doom Music would convince me to buy a PS3!

Now maybe if they had BEATMANIA...
Memorable 2016 quotes:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Playstation 3 (imo) would be a logical choice for Konami to move to for next generation IIDX. Think of it they could use high-quality wav sound files and have high-res videos cause of all the storage space on a blu-ray disc.

And they could make a blue tooth iidx controller, that'd be pretty badass 8)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 pm

chocobojoe wrote:Playstation 3 (imo) would be a logical choice for Konami to move to for next generation IIDX. Think of it they could use high-quality wav sound files and have high-res videos cause of all the storage space on a blu-ray disc.

And they could make a blue tooth iidx controller, that'd be pretty badass 8)
Um, I honestly don't ever want that to happen.

Currently there are no HD arcade Bemani games and I doubt if that will happen anytime soon. Also, the masters for alot of the videos are in SD or are no longer around. (The best examples of this being The Earth Light and Reincarnation.) As for the use of Blu-Ray, that would be a huge waste of space as you could literally fit all of DJ Troopers onto one Blu-Ray disc, but as this is Konami we are talking about, they wouldn't f*ck themselves over by having a shitton of songs in a CS release. Finally, any wireless IIDX controller would be considered worthless by nature as it could suffer from lag. This is why I'm glad the PStwo will still be around until atleast 2010.

If anything though, I want Bemani to defect to the Wii.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:52 pm

I'm calling NEDM as far as PS3 goes as well.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:18 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Also, the masters for alot of the videos are in SD or are no longer around. (The best examples of this being The Earth Light and Reincarnation.) [1] As for the use of Blu-Ray, that would be a huge waste of space as you could literally fit all of DJ Troopers onto one Blu-Ray disc, but as this is Konami we are talking about, they wouldn't f*ck themselves over by having a shitton of songs in a CS release. [2] Finally, any wireless IIDX controller would be considered worthless by nature as it could suffer from lag. This is why I'm glad the PStwo will still be around until atleast 2010.

If anything though, I want Bemani to defect to the Wii. [3]
1. make new videos? it wouldn't be too hard and I'm sure they have the budget
2. afaik the songs are stored as a bunch of tiny mp3 samples, what i was saying is they could use the extra space to have high-quality wav samples, hence, better audio quality. Also game graphics and such could be a lot more polished, they could use the extra room for other extra stuff, etc
3. You just said any wireless controller would be worthless, but you want bemani to go to Wii? Isn't Wii's big gimmick that it has wireless controllers? Sure they could hook into the gamecube controller ports, but that's not the point, is it?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:40 pm

chocobojoe wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:Also, the masters for alot of the videos are in SD or are no longer around. (The best examples of this being The Earth Light and Reincarnation.) [1] As for the use of Blu-Ray, that would be a huge waste of space as you could literally fit all of DJ Troopers onto one Blu-Ray disc, but as this is Konami we are talking about, they wouldn't f*ck themselves over by having a shitton of songs in a CS release. [2] Finally, any wireless IIDX controller would be considered worthless by nature as it could suffer from lag. This is why I'm glad the PStwo will still be around until atleast 2010.

If anything though, I want Bemani to defect to the Wii. [3]
1. make new videos? it wouldn't be too hard and I'm sure they have the budget
2. afaik the songs are stored as a bunch of tiny mp3 samples, what i was saying is they could use the extra space to have high-quality wav samples, hence, better audio quality. Also game graphics and such could be a lot more polished, they could use the extra room for other extra stuff, etc
3. You just said any wireless controller would be worthless, but you want bemani to go to Wii? Isn't Wii's big gimmick that it has wireless controllers? Sure they could hook into the gamecube controller ports, but that's not the point, is it?
First, making the videos would happen at the arcade release level, not the console release. Also, the sound samples in IIDX are NOT mp3. (If they used any compression they would have to mention so in the credits.) They are the same wav files as used in the arcade. As for wireless, there are games on the Wii that are played better with wired controllers (cough, Smash Bros Brawl, cough) which defeats that.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:24 pm

For some reason, idk why, I was thinking of file sizes for a full length track so I was counting 60-70mb of files per song when it'd actually be 15-20 lol my bad

But for the Wii argument still, they didn't release any IIDX controllers for Gamecube as far as I'm aware, so if they were to make IIDX on the Wii they'd make it with a wireless controller. Still though, wireless controllers for any of the new systems have virtually no lag (like 12ms response time or something) if they did nobody would be able to stand to play expert on guitar hero 3 (even if it's timing isn't extremely tight lol)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:31 am

chocobojoe wrote:For some reason, idk why, I was thinking of file sizes for a full length track so I was counting 60-70mb of files per song when it'd actually be 15-20 lol my bad

But for the Wii argument still, they didn't release any IIDX controllers for Gamecube as far as I'm aware, so if they were to make IIDX on the Wii they'd make it with a wireless controller. Still though, wireless controllers for any of the new systems have virtually no lag (like 12ms response time or something) if they did nobody would be able to stand to play expert on guitar hero 3 (even if it's timing isn't extremely tight lol)
Making a IIDX controller to utilize gamecube controller ports would not be all that difficult for Konami. As for the response time, I should mention that as it's well known for having the tightest timing window for all rhythm games (Albeit DDR's Marvelous Timing and Pop'N's Super Challenge mode are close) and a few milliseconds on it are more than enough to f*ck up alot of players.
Memorable 2016 quotes: