Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:43 pm

Yush.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:53 pm

Well, I used to play a lot like back when I was a wee lad. I think I started playing when Fallen Empires was a new expansion and quit after Visions came out. Then started playing again for a bit when the Exodus expansion came out but I quit again soon afterward realizing how expensive it was becoming. I still have all my cards at home though... like 3 or 4 of those 1.5in binders full plus two carriers full of decks and crap like that. Man I had a lot of disposable income back then. o_o;

I don't remember too much about playing, but I still like my Pandemonium + Phyrexian Dreadnaught combo... hoohoo, couldn't beat 12 instant damage to whatever I want for 1 mana.

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:34 pm

Mwhahaha I was a force back when the Danger Room was still operational in Noblesville...ive since fallen out of the loop but ive got a wicked nice T1 burn and had the best Mono White Control deck out there for a while....Also played Warlord, L5R, 7th Sea, DoomTown, Spycraft, and others...

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:15 pm

BladeFist87 wrote:Mwhahaha I was a force back when the Danger Room was still operational in Noblesville...ive since fallen out of the loop but ive got a wicked nice T1 burn and had the best Mono White Control deck out there for a while....Also played Warlord, L5R, 7th Sea, DoomTown, Spycraft, and others...
i used to play l5r but it kinda died in my area
Team KIMO represent!

Gatekeeper
Standard
Standard

Post by Gatekeeper » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:11 am

I started when Ice Age came out (the first time) and kinda quit right after Urza's Saga... or maybe a little after that. Anyway. It just got too expensive. I could afford it a lot better now, but I can't really see myself picking it back up, at least not seriously. I might buy a pre-built deck just to play with friends or whatever, but somehow the idea of buying another 500+ cards to build a deck to meet current Constructed standards just sounds bleh.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:08 am

i started at the end of nights/antiquities and the beginning of 3rd revision/fallen empires/the crap expansions

i quit once 4th revision/ice ages was annouced and i saw that half the good rare cards were becoming common
insert code compile execute return

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:39 pm

I started at The Dark and quit right before Visions when someone stole my Mox Sapphire.

I don't play anything anymore, but over the past couple years I was into Raw Deal, L5R, 7th Sea, Warlord, Initial D, and briefly with Vs.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:11 pm

I still play event htough i get gang banged no matter who i play. I have a rep for being "The Master of Limburger" even though my decks arnt all that bad.
Warning incoming game!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:49 pm

Started at dark, quit at homelands. My roomate still plays like mad though.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:49 pm

I bought one deck like 10 years ago (3rd edition? It was way before they started making all these weird expansion sets.) and I couldn't learn how to play and when my friends tried to teach me they kept doing gay crap and killing me in like 3 rounds so I gave up. I have better things to waste my money on =P

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 pm

[quote=Orange Guy]I have better things to waste my money on =P[/quote]

Truer words have never been spoken about that game.

Anyways, anybody want to buy cards/ trade cards for cool things hit me up at djfooboo@yahoo.com

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:53 am

I used to play back in the day. I started shortly after Fallen Empires came out, and quit around Tempest.

Card prices were going up, and so where ungodly powerful cards. Expantions were coming out like vomit out of kid who just ate 12 raw oysters. And trust me, that's a lot of vomit in a short amount of time.

I used to win tournaments and things like that all the time. But after a while there were too many ungodly powerful retarded haxxxzzzorxz cards, and there just wasn't any tactic left in the game. It was all a matter of either A) owning a few powerful cards, or B) making a proxy of a few powerful cards.

Would I ever play agian? No. I don't have any cards left anyway, and I don't plan on making it a hobby ever agian. But I might be willing to play aginst someone who has a spare deck laying around.

Can you have my old cards? No, I gave them away to a friend of mine back when I was in highschool. She's a lucky girl, since a lot of my old cards are worth a lot of money now. And the sheer volume of cards would have been worth a good 2,000$. I had almost 10,000 cards, most of which I either traded for, or won at tournaments.

Can you have my offical Wizard's of the Coast tournament button for winning the regionals back in 1997? Sure! I was just going to sell it on E-bay, but if somebody want to give me like 25$ for it, I'm willing to part.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:21 pm

Used to, dont really anymore.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm

so am i the only serious player here???
Team KIMO represent!