The Muncie Capcom-A-Rama

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Jizzon

The Muncie Capcom-A-Rama

Post by Jizzon » Wed May 30, 2007 3:11 am

If you've ever wanted to test your Capcom fighting skills against the best around (and for $$$), your time has come!

http://www.erinflynn.net/capcom/

It would be great if we could get some representation from the all-too-quiet Indy area. Have fun, beat ass, and win big!
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Wed May 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Some of Fort Wayne will come rep it. Can't wait to see you again sir and Mr. Ho as well. :D

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed May 30, 2007 8:43 pm

jizz-on
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Wed May 30, 2007 10:37 pm

Good to "see" you again too, Potter. And the Immortal One himself! But seriously, does anyone on this board play fighting games competitively anymore besides like five of us? I would have thought that a few of you would have something to prove...
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm

i wish there was a street fighter II turbo tourny :(
Team KIMO represent!

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 pm

There can be if you want it. :wink: Oldschool SF2 games is what I specialize in. I will make sure to play anybody who is there for oldschool.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:05 am

I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a SNES SF2T side event sometime over the course of the evening. Ken's so busted in that version :twisted:

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Sorry Jon but I think the IndyDDR board is wimping out here. When it comes to any other competitive games besides music-based stuff they simply don't have the ... *cough*

Casey and Merk, I know you guys play. And from talking to Jon this past weekend it sounds like he knows of a few others here that play. Come on out and show the rest of Indiana what you've got at Capcom fighters.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Ho there. Is this really true?!?! :lol:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:28 am

I had committed to the PIU tournament in Bloomington before I knew about Jon's thing, but I do plan to make an appearance following the tourney. So just keep it going so there will still be a party left by the time I get there! :D

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:03 am

I'd like to go but I have other obligations that day and I'm way too scrubby for tournament-level play. : (

If that date wasn't an issue I'd probably still go though, maybe next time.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:39 pm

Thank you, Jon, for hosting and for a great time. I feel a bit bad that more folks didn't show up from Fort Wayne, Indianapolis of course, and I thought there would be another from Bloomington but I guess that is how it goes. It was still a good time for everyone that came I believe so that is what counts. And thank you for deciding to share your birthday with us, your fighting game family. :D

Hey, remind me one last time what that playing card company is. Not the KEM cards but the other kind. I think it started with the letter 'C' but anyway lemme know please. Thanks.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:23 pm

They're Copags. KEM cards are also excellent, if not the best out there (though they do not offer the four color decks which are great for poker (though not much else.) I personally prefer the Copags, and I'd be happy to help you break in your new set of whetever you get once you do.

Thread closed, due to its conclusion. Thanks again Brent and everyone who made it most memorable and fun!