halo 2 = mr. yuck face

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

halo 2 = mr. yuck face

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:14 pm

Halo 2 still way over talked about. our school news paper finally did something about it. they wrote a diss to the halo 2 name about 2 months ago yet people still are over obbsesed with it, kinda like the best asian kid at ddr but multiply his or her love for it times 1000. this is a sad story how people are obbsessed. can i get a amen! no no religous stuff but who agrees.
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:16 am

No, No one cares about another topic about Halo 2. Though I am still an avid player. . .we really don't need another topic talking about halo 2.
Besides. . . who the heck are you anyways?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:04 pm

I haven't even gotten around to playing halo 2 yet... I guess I will some day.
Still, the inevitable truth remains: Halo 2 < Half-Life 2
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

sonykid753
Standard
Standard

Post by sonykid753 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:15 am

i got into halo 2 and then out of it real quick for some reason .: shrugs :.
AAA's - 1
1. kind lady

SDG's - 17
17. sexy planet oni - 5
16. its raining men - 8
15. butterfly - 5

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:35 am

yea... halo2 is a great game i wouldnt say it was over hyped... i mean Halo1 was a great game and so of course halo2 would be a game everyone would obsess over.... remember back to 2003 (i think) when GTA VC came out everyone was like "OMG i cant wait for this game to come out! i heard you can steal cars in this one!" (yea some idiot actually said that to me) a game as big as halo2 will be over hyped and will have many people obsessing over it... maybe because its a good game maybe?

personally i think you love the game... but you think saying that you like it would make you look like a nerd or something.... and thats why you posted that... but thats just my thoughts

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:55 am

Halo and Halo 2 are great games. But so many people are just Rabid for it.

It does kinda get annoying dealing with the rabid fans.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Don't get me started on console gaming.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:27 am

Potter, no one cares about your supposedly "fast, great" computer. Please don't think that you have a super-fast computer because I hate when people brag to console gaming. Console gaming is alot better because there are actually some cool people in the games. No pun intended to computer gamers, but alot of them are nerds who sit at home all day, do nothing at all and yell "hackers"

Gatekeeper
Standard
Standard

Post by Gatekeeper » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:06 pm

I don't have the ability to rate posts yet, so let me just dissect this post and tell you why I don't think it's a good one.
Spartan_117 wrote:Potter, no one cares about your supposedly "fast, great" computer.
I agree his comment was off-topic, but this is blatantly provocative.
Spartan_117 wrote:Please don't think that you have a super-fast computer because I hate when people brag to console gaming.
What? Is this English? The first part of your sentence has no bearing on the second. What the heck does 'brag to console gaming' mean? And how does it influence his opinion of his PC?
Spartan_117 wrote:Console gaming is alot better because there are actually some cool people in the games.
While I agree that, for the most part, console RPGs have more interesting characters, this is more of a rule-of-thumb which has many exceptions. Arcanum is a key example. I see this as more of a limitation on what people choose to do with the platform rather than what the platform is capable of.

Yes console RPGs tend to be more character-focused, but PC RPGs tend to have greater depth of stat and equipment customization. I don't think we can discredit either platform in any event, but rather we should be asking the developers why we can't see games incorporating the best of both worlds.

Also the phrase 'a lot' is two words. There is no such word as 'alot', unless you mean 'allot' which is to assign a share or portion, and that doesn't make any sense in context.
Spartan_117 wrote:No pun intended to computer gamers, but alot of them are nerds who sit at home all day, do nothing at all and yell "hackers"
Once again, I remind you to use 'a lot'. Also, how the heck is this a pun? Is English your native language?

Are in insinuating that console gamers are NOT nerds? Maybe you think that because it requires more technical knowledge to build a gaming rig PC than to plug in a console and turn it on, PC gamers are statistically more 'nerdy'.

This may be the case, but those same more technically-minded individuals also tend to have a lot more common sense than your average console gamer. I'm not a regular X-Box Live! user, but if my experience at friends' houses is anything to go by then your standard-fare X-Box Live! users make your average Counter-Striker look like frickin Einstein. And I have a generally low opinion of Counter-Strike players.

In reality, I think you'll find that PC games offer a deeper, more customizable experience than console games, and that more sophisticated individuals will tend to gravitate that direction.

If I had the ability to rate your post, I'd give it a 'Boo!'.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:59 pm

There is no point in arguing console versus PC gaming, since there is no clearly superior platform, both have enough advantages and disadvantages that it balances each other out.

Your post could also be considered inflammatory, particullarly the "Is English your native language?" comment.

Disecting someone's grammar is also not exactly the most useful thing to do on a message board like this (especially when yours contains sentences beginning with conjunctions and "fricken", neither of which are standard uses of the English language).

If the moderators ran this board similarly to the Something Awful forums (where one can be banned for continual poor grammar) you might have a valid complaint, but you're just trying to empty an ocean with a bucket here.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Spartan_117 wrote:Potter, no one cares about your supposedly "fast, great" computer. Please don't think that you have a super-fast computer because I hate when people brag to console gaming. Console gaming is alot better because there are actually some cool people in the games. No pun intended to computer gamers, but alot of them are nerds who sit at home all day, do nothing at all and yell "hackers"
Umm, I don't want to start a big arguement or anything, but you really need to actually read my whole sentence, because I think I can read pretty well and my post does not say ANYTHING about my pc or other pc'es or games etc. IDK if you are on your period or anything but you took my simple, non hating post and started insulting people and putting words in my mouth. And ian, ty and pc games are a lot more in depth and the whole experiance is just better.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:27 pm

Your other post did sort of imply some negativity (woo... sp?)... Sorry, but it did.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:26 pm

i no

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:42 pm

GaKki wrote:Your other post did sort of imply some negativity (woo... sp?)... Sorry, but it did.
Potter wrote:i no
What? What does this mean?

Anyways, I would agree that your original post did have a negative ring to it, especially when you look over a few topics over to our lovely Gran Turismo 4 thread, in which you said, and I quote:
Potter wrote:If it doesent evar come out for computer then it doesen't even deserve me playing. POS console games.
So it could be established that you dislike console games.

Anyways, why all the bickering? Who cares if PC is better than console? It's all games! Games are to be enjoyed, not to commit huge, pointless fights over. If I like one more than the other, does that make my wang bigger than anybody else's? No! So chill on the testosterone laden flame wars, and play the game you freakin' like!
Signatures sure are awesome.

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:24 am

Ok, my bad for starting a flame topic. . . no wait... potter did.

Here we go again. . .

Someone just lock this topic please before anymore hate is spread.