halo 2 = mr. yuck face

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:00 am

That and you can guide your missles in HL2.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:32 pm

Yep. Those things are damn cool, but sadly, you only get 3. :(

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:38 pm

OMFG I just made a hella long post about hl2 and Garry's mod and accedentily clicked off mozilla. rawr. In short if you want to see what the Source engine can really do pick up Garry's Mod. It's free and only like 4 megs. It is insane the number of things you can do. For example:

Like I said, ANYTHING.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:29 am

yea... halo 2 is EASILY ACCESSABLE... thats why so many people play it... that and that its a fun game in multiplayer... i dont know ANYONE who bougt the game for single player... they bought it for the multiplayer action...

and im one of those weird gamers that just play console games... i dont like using a keyboard/mouse combo... it just is weird to me.. never liked it :S yea ive played many games on the PC just... nothin that suprises me or anything.... but then again i havent bought any of those "stunning" PC games that have come out lately.... so i dont have any experiance with those games

i have no doubt in my mind that a PC could out-do a console in graphics or game complexity... but doesnt mean i want to play those games... console games are so much easier than a PC game to set up and such...

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:07 pm

I wouldn't surprise me if the next Halo game (come on, you know it's coming.) was entirely multi-player. Actually, I think this might be a good move on the part of Bungie. Keep what they have with the multiplayer format, but really focus on that and make it better. Highly customizeable character settings (models, skins, colors, etc.), more weapons, some new vehicles, and a lot of multiplayer maps and settings. There could be a single player mode to fight against bots, or a campaign similar to Quake3 arena (kill so many opponents under given circumstances to progress to the next stage, etc.)
Since Halo is primarily a multiplayer game, and that's the main reason people buy it, it would be smart to focus on that, and not waste valuable build time and resources on a half assed single player mode. That's part of the thing that pissed me off about Halo's hype, is they made it look like this huge, epic, world altering campaign, but it....well, kinda sucked. It's redundant and pretty boring. Multiplayer, however, has potential. Especially now that its' taken off on X Box live.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:11 pm

... this is what pissed me off about the halo series...

has anyone heard of HALO 2.5? (name not finalized) saposedly it is a game that will be out on xbox2 that is pretty much just gunna be halo2 with some changes to it... (kinda like the change from Halo Xbox to Halo PC)

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:24 pm

My opinions on this matter:

Half Life 2 > Red Vs. Blue > Halo 2 > Kitten Pie.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:11 pm

Caboose>you
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Original Sin wrote:I wouldn't surprise me if the next Halo game (come on, you know it's coming.) was entirely multi-player.
This would not happen with the next Halo game, maybe a couple more down the line, but certainly not with the next iteration. Halo 2 has over 6 million copies last time I checked, and Xbox Live just recently passed the 1 million subscriber mark. That's at least 5 million copies that wouldn't be sold if they did a multiplayer exclusive game. Maybe when online play becomes more common among console gamers, but in this (and the next) generation I don't see that happening.

Plus the ending of the single player campaign pissed a lot of people off. The only way to piss them off more would be to drop the storyline completely.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:42 pm

if they had some special bundle or lowered the price people not as mad.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."