Lets talk about Wii games

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Lets talk about Wii games

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:02 am

I JUST got home with my Wii and Twilight Princess and Red Steel...and OMG I am like SO tempted to call in sick from work tommorow and skipping church I am having so much fun lopping heads off and exploring the land of Hyrule yet again. ^_^ Well worth standing in the cold and the money spent on it.
Last edited by lgolem on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:03 pm

how is the range of motion for the wii controller in twilight princess (and red steel for that matter.) On some of the videos it looks like they're just flicking the controller, are you able to go all crazy and fling the controller around like a sword?
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Logan
Standard
Standard

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Green Tea wrote:how is the range of motion for the wii controller in twilight princess (and red steel for that matter.) On some of the videos it looks like they're just flicking the controller, are you able to go all crazy and fling the controller around like a sword?
Yeah, that's my main question too. Another question; when you do move the controller, is it jerky at all like some motionsensitive games I've played?
ImageImage
(Yeah, I used to use an ITG sig... R.I.P. ITG3... D: )

Eternal damnation isn't gonna look good on my resume...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:21 pm

Overr8.8d? lawl

Gamespot review has all the fanboys freaking out.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:54 pm

Logan wrote:
Green Tea wrote:how is the range of motion for the wii controller in twilight princess (and red steel for that matter.) On some of the videos it looks like they're just flicking the controller, are you able to go all crazy and fling the controller around like a sword?
Yeah, that's my main question too. Another question; when you do move the controller, is it jerky at all like some motionsensitive games I've played?
Actually...Twilight Princess's controls are just AMAZING...some of it just seems like flicking when it comes to fighting...it isnt like Red Steel where the controller is the handle of the sword...with Zelda you use the nunchuk for attacking really and it is just flicking but when you get used to it is ALOT of fun. Actually the games run VERY smoothly...especially Red Steel the shooting is alot more fun than the sword fighting..don't get me wrong the sword fighting is fun...I just love the element of detail...like say if you are holding the WiiMote (the remote's stupid name for it) and you turn it sideway they guy will turn his gun sideways. It is smooth and it doesn't have any lag in the controls.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:34 pm

Bring it over!!! =(

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:05 pm

Maybe on J-nite I might bring it. It just depends....I love it alot and I worked alot to pay for it...lol. I am sure you understand...but I may bring it over for J-nite one night. ^_^

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:30 pm

I got a Wii aswell, with Red Steel. The Wii is amazing and the controlls are very very smooth. The game picks up on the motion very very well and it is just amazing how well the game picks up your movements.

My main complaint with Red Steel is that, if you look too far off of your screen (you have to aim the wiimote to the sides of the screen to look around) you "lose" the screen. You then have to like aim the wiimote at the sensor bar thing and then back at the TV (my bar is ontop of the TV). Also if you dont like the position you are sitting in when you start the game it seems almost impossible to move your seating arrangement and still be able to play normally.

Red Steel is an amazing game and defenately worth $50. A solid launch title for the Wii indeed.

I actually have spent a lot more time playing Wii Sports than I have Red Steel however. Wii sports seems rather lame and boring at first, but the boxing game in it is just awesome. (Wii Sports has boxing, bowling, tennis, golf, and baseball) All of these games are awesome because you create your "Mii" in the Wii's main menu screen... and then play as that charecter in the game. You gain experience points in each game and end up playing harder and harder opponents. In Wii Boxing my charecter's skill level is 820ish (1000 is considered "Pro" by the game...) the boxing is getting more and more challengeing and once you learn where you actually have to move your arms, and how you move them it seems natural and it's just a lot of fun.

My friend Jason was over and he is in the baseball team at school. He tried playing Wii Baseball and atfirst he held the controller like it was a remote and he couldn't hit the ball at all. I told him that he was playing Baseball... hold the thing like you would a bat, and he did. He then got three homeruns. I laughed at the people playing the games in the videos and whatnot just like the rest of you did, but in all honesty it's just as much fun as it looks like.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Yeah. I waited 3 1/2 hours in the new castle wal-mart for my Wii. I got #20 out of 20 in stock.

=]

LoZ: Twighlight Princess rooles.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:44 pm

I waited 9 hours... I was # 14/20

Someone came by and shouted out at my brother "ADAM YOU'RE SUCH A LOSER!" while we were waiting infront of the store..... Some other kid who was waiting yelled back "ADAM YOU'RE THE ONLY LOSER HERE!"

I had fun waiting haha :p

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:42 am

I actually didn't wait for one...my brother somehow got his hands on 2 and gave me one ^_^

But when I got off of work there was a group camping out infront of my work, Target, for it and I stood there for a while and this guy drove buy and egged a couple people...and out of no where from the group of people camping...flies a shoe..I swear to God it was a freaking DC Shoe it flew at the SUV that was egging us and broke there back window...it was freaking halarious.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:50 pm

I waited 13.5 hours and was 5th in line. I also got Zelda and Red Steel, though, honestly i've played more Wiisports than anything else... Though, both other games are fun (at least what i've played of them.)
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:40 pm

found this video... thought i'd share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQ7Wof6 ... ed&search=

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:21 am

I waited in line for 30.5 hours and was 4th in line, I was very impressed with the wii. Nintendo continues to set the industry standard for great new controlers and gameplay, and simultaneously sets the standard for unapealing systems. The new Zelda is a really great game, almost every video game review website or magazine either gave it their best or second best score. And while gamespot is entitled to their opinion, almost no one who has played the game agrees with them.
Steve Fletcher

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm

I'll just say this: I played at my friend Noah's (XBmaster on here) house yesterday, and (even though all he had was WiiSports!) it was the most fun I've had playing a video game since I first started playing DDR almost a year ago. I can't wait until I get the chance to buy one, and, especially with the ability to buy previous Nintendo games and surf the web and online game in the future, I can see the Wii actually being a serious contender in the next (now current?) generation of home video games, unlike in the previous generation.