Mega Indiana Tournament

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Mega Indiana Tournament

Post by immortalbmw » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:48 pm

Fight games, folks. We're talking fighting games.

I am hosting a mega tournament and I know so many of you that post here should take interest. Think of this as a fighting game extravaganza. Here is a link to a website with boatloads of information...

http://www.indianagaming.iwarp.com

Check there for almost everything you'll need to know. However I urge you to keep checking back since updates are still being made on some sections of the site.

Also I want to make something very clear right now, although since this is an Indiana crowd I'm posting to this it shouldn't be a big problem. This tournament is open only for residents of Indiana. All participants need to show valid ID (probably a drivers license) before you can be signed up to play. If for some reason you don't have your license on you (or you're not old enough to get one) then you need to have your parent/guardian show his/her drivers license or else I will not sign you up.

Finally, although my contact info email address is on the site, I'll post it here too for convenience. If you have any questions or any comments and concerns then please email me at indianatournament@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to get back with you ASAP and give you good answers. However if you ask silly questions that are clearly answered on the website then I'll simply keep referring you back to the website.

I hope for lots of participation and feedback (please show interest in attending by emailing me or simply posting here on this thread) and let's make this a big and fun success. :)

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Re: Mega Indiana Tournament

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:40 pm

immortalbmw wrote:Fight games, folks. We're talking fighting games.

I am hosting a mega tournament and I know so many of you that post here should take interest. Think of this as a fighting game extravaganza. Here is a link to a website with boatloads of information...

http://www.indianagaming.iwarp.com

Check there for almost everything you'll need to know. However I urge you to keep checking back since updates are still being made on some sections of the site.

Also I want to make something very clear right now, although since this is an Indiana crowd I'm posting to this it shouldn't be a big problem. This tournament is open only for residents of Indiana. All participants need to show valid ID (probably a drivers license) before you can be signed up to play. If for some reason you don't have your license on you (or you're not old enough to get one) then you need to have your parent/guardian show his/her drivers license or else I will not sign you up.

Finally, although my contact info email address is on the site, I'll post it here too for convenience. If you have any questions or any comments and concerns then please email me at indianatournament@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to get back with you ASAP and give you good answers. However if you ask silly questions that are clearly answered on the website then I'll simply keep referring you back to the website.

I hope for lots of participation and feedback (please show interest in attending by emailing me or simply posting here on this thread) and let's make this a big and fun success. :)
where are the good fighting games, like DOA and GG?

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:42 pm

Holy crap I got a reply! This is way more then I have come to expect from IndyDDR people over the past few years.

Well, as much as I'd love to have them I did some talking with a few local players as well as buddies of mine and these are the games they wanted to see.

Tell you what, I will honestly debate whether or not to take out SFA3 and add in GGX2. As much as I love DOA that can be overlooked for now since none of these other tournies we're having can be considered for replacement. Sorry. I'll make my decision ASAP and post it on here (maybe even tonight). In the meantime, please answer me this as soon as you can...if I switch out SFA3 and add GGX2 will you honestly attend my tournament?

I will also note several things of importance because your input is very appreciated...

1) This friend of mine (Abe) who is letting us do this at his house has like everything (except Benami stuff, sorry) that you could want as far as console gaming goes. Systems, controllers, games, peripherals, anything! This of course includes GGX2 (PS2), DOA3 and DOAU (XBox). We'll also have DOA2 and DOA2 Limited Edition available for DC if you'd like.

2) My friend is literally in the process of having his own big arcade in his house and garage. That will take a long time to complete, but for now he's got literally about 75 games (but only about 10 working cabinets to put them in) and he currently has both DOA2 and GGX2 in working arcade cabinets. Oh, and did I mention every one of his arcade games are set to free play?!?!

3) He often has a bunch of us over for gaming parties. They are truly a blast (if you like fighting games) and we often get friends from different parts of Indiana as well as Ohio to come. No one has ever left disappointed or not having fun. Everyone always wants to keep coming back to these. You just have to attend one to understand. That being said, he's having one that begins right after the tournaments end for the night. Anyone is welcome to stay. He'll even be hosting his own mini mystery tournament with more side prizes. At this time you can definitely get all the DOA matches you want with me and a few others, as well as GGX2 matches with several of us. Now we usually just play for fun and free but if that's not worth your time then I'm sure a few of us will put up a little money for some matches in any fighting game (Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, etc).
Last edited by immortalbmw on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi Brent.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:49 pm

What's up, Chris? :)

Does any of this interest you?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:33 pm

No Soul Calibur no go.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:37 pm

Sorry Merk, no Soul Calibur here. :(

Tekken 5 is the brand new Namco fighter so we really want to promote that.

I must say you all have quite the variation in fighting game tastes. This is cool. :)

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:32 pm

Sorry Brent.

No money+No Job+Play for fun anyways.

Thanks for the offer though.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:21 pm

crap. I dont know..... I got a DDR event to be at in Clevelan d the 25th.... I might go to this instead. ACK DECISIONS.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:59 am

Count me in.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Jon - Right on buddy! We've got one official commitment now from the IndyDDR scene. And from the sound of things you'll be looking to tape some matches from this (as well as getting shots of the players) and putting them on dvd or online, correct?

Casey - That's cool man. Just think about it. I guess that's all you can do. Honestly I'd probably like to see GGX2 in there anyway to add some variety but most of the people that I already know are coming for 100% sure like SFA3 better than GGX2 so it's a hard decision to make based on people who aren't totally commited to coming yet. You see my dilemma? Keep in touch with me.

Chris - Alright man, that's too bad to hear. But just in case you didn't notice, money shouldn't be a factor in you not attending. It's totally free to enter all these tournaments and you have a chance to win cash prizes by playing.

---

There is one thing I just though of and I want to make totally clear. Regarding using the driver's license as ID, understand that I will take no information from your license or anything. I just need to glance at it to make sure it's you, get your name, and make sure that it says Indiana on it. I will not take any information (license #, soc. security #, etc) from your ID.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:35 am

immortalbmw wrote:Jon - Right on buddy! We've got one official commitment now from the IndyDDR scene. And from the sound of things you'll be looking to tape some matches from this (as well as getting shots of the players) and putting them on dvd or online, correct?

Casey - That's cool man. Just think about it. I guess that's all you can do. Honestly I'd probably like to see GGX2 in there anyway to add some variety but most of the people that I already know are coming for 100% sure like SFA3 better than GGX2 so it's a hard decision to make based on people who aren't totally commited to coming yet. You see my dilemma? Keep in touch with me.

Chris - Alright man, that's too bad to hear. But just in case you didn't notice, money shouldn't be a factor in you not attending. It's totally free to enter all these tournaments and you have a chance to win cash prizes by playing.

---

There is one thing I just though of and I want to make totally clear. Regarding using the driver's license as ID, understand that I will take no information from your license or anything. I just need to glance at it to make sure it's you, get your name, and make sure that it says Indiana on it. I will not take any information (license #, soc. security #, etc) from your ID.
how bout work ID :D:D:D I lost my ID in Cleveland and my parents have no BC so I'm kinda illegal atm haha.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 pm

Whatever for of ID links you with being a resident of the state of Indiana. ;)

If that doesn't...we can work something out I'm sure.

By the way, I'm about 95% sure I'm going to take out Alpha 3 and put Guilty Gear X2 in its place. I think overall it'll make more people happier.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:39 pm

Casey, just wanted to make it official that we'll be playing Guilty Gear X2 instead of Street Fighter Alpha 3. Does this improve your chances of coming any?

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:46 pm

GG2 for PS or XBOX?