Contact

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Contact

Post by sam » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:16 pm

just got this...so far it's pretty fun..got two costumes and some items..the game feels like a throwback to snes in terms of menus but it evolved into something so good.

i'm going to like playing this i feel
insert code compile execute return

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:56 pm

this game is awesome. you can attack *anything* in the game. the wireless portion of the game is....uh....well it pretty much doesn't exist. you get on WFC and you connect to your friend. Then it disconnects and says "You touched <name>!" Then they appear on wifi island in your game. When you talk to them they seem to give you gifts. How it handles your abilities is really cool. Each costume is a job or magic class. You can only use the abilities from the costume if you're wearing it. There are also abilities for each weapon group and you unlock them as you level the skills. The story so far is interesting, the angle at which it is presented is what's the coolest. The idea is that there's this disaster that is happening with this old prof and he's running from some..thing in space. All the sudden *thud* (you touch him with your stylus) and he falls on his ass. Then he realizes that through some signal he was sending out he has touched you and you are able to see his world and interact with it as if you were a 'god'. You run into the hero Terry on earth while running from this 'thing' and the story begins.

The thing is, Terry has no idea that there's somebody controlling him and helping him everywhere he goes.

There are 26 stat classes you can level; 7 character, 3 weapon, 4 magic, 3 constitution, 2 anti-weapon, 4 anti-magic and 3 job stats

when you reach certain levels on the magic and weapon stats you gain more techniques

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:48 pm

got all the costumes and the story is progressing quite well. if you like rpgs this is worth a buy. a truly unique game and so far has yet to get boring

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Has yet to get boring...after 3 days? Is this out of the ordinary?

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:30 pm

no what's different is the entire game is fresh and something totally unique. it's a blend of all the things that rocked about the old school and take some new school ideas. it's like if earthbound, star tropics and oblivion were all smashed into one game and given a ds swing