Final Fantasy XII

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Final Fantasy XII

Post by sam » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:42 pm

been playing it for a few days now... overall i'm pretty bored with it. It feels like I'm playing a .hack game but it's pretty. The story is alright but it's not really something that draws me in.
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Is it because the characters aren't marijuana?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Riot wrote:Is it because the characters aren't marijuana?
BINGO!!!!

no wait that's not it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:24 pm

yeah, not to surprised really....

Oh well I have REALLLLLLY HIGH hopes in Final Fantasy 3 for the DS. :D

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:12 pm

Um, FFXII actually has a good plot, not the sappy melodramatic one like 7 or 10. I'm glad it's back to its fantasy roots and more realistic style, and especially a more political story. The gameplay, story, graphics, everything is better. It's probably the best iteration out in a long time.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:12 pm

I've got the collectors edition on pre-order from EB. The metal case was just so pretty... I couldn't help myself...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:49 am

Riot wrote:Um, FFXII actually has a good plot, not the sappy melodramatic one like 7 or 10. I'm glad it's back to its fantasy roots and more realistic style, and especially a more political story. The gameplay, story, graphics, everything is better. It's probably the best iteration out in a long time.
yeah except it's engine is pretty much FFXI with a little bit of improvement. just wait until you hit the frame rate 'bug' and it fucks up your spell casting.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:17 am

sam wrote:
Riot wrote:Um, FFXII actually has a good plot, not the sappy melodramatic one like 7 or 10. I'm glad it's back to its fantasy roots and more realistic style, and especially a more political story. The gameplay, story, graphics, everything is better. It's probably the best iteration out in a long time.
yeah except it's engine is pretty much FFXI with a little bit of improvement. just wait until you hit the frame rate 'bug' and it fucks up your spell casting.
Good thing FFXI was good and I pretty much always stick to melee.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Same engine as XI you say?

Looks like another FF game I won't buy.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Riot wrote:
sam wrote:
Good thing FFXI was good and I pretty much always stick to melee.
ffxi is one of the most boring mmos i've ever played

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:44 pm

TaQa wrote:Same engine as XI you say?

Looks like another FF game I won't buy.
It's not the same, just more MMO-esque.

The combat system in XI wasn't even that bad it was pretty typical MMO but skillchains were cool. The bad part about XI was waiting 3 hours to get a party. Otherwise it was fairly solid.

XII is one of the best FF's out lately, don't write it off.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:46 am

Yeah, but I'm trying to avoid the MMO-esque feel, it is the main reason I don't play MMORPGs.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 am

TaQa wrote:Yeah, but I'm trying to avoid the MMO-esque feel, it is the main reason I don't play MMORPGs.
Well then just turn it to "Wait" instead of "Active." You may move around around, but it's still not THAT different.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:43 am

Riot wrote:
TaQa wrote:Yeah, but I'm trying to avoid the MMO-esque feel, it is the main reason I don't play MMORPGs.
Well then just turn it to "Wait" instead of "Active." You may move around around, but it's still not THAT different.
Alright, I suppose I'll rent it, but if the fight system is :-( then the game is :-(

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:05 pm

Riot wrote:Um, FFXII actually has a good plot, not the sappy melodramatic one like 7 or 10
:P Drama is better than politics! 8 was soooo boring... and 10 was awsome! lol

I really wish they would make more turn based battle systems... like x, that battle system was my favorite, next to tactics
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.