Final Fantasy IX

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Final Fantasy IX

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:02 am

Well I know there is many Final Fantasy XI fans..er I don't play online games there just not for me. I do like Final Fantasy and I think FFIX is prolly the best one I've played its up there with Final Fantasy Tactics.

FFIX I think is way more based on the old ones which I liked. With FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX I think its more of the new age of Final Fantasy but I also did like them but not more then FFIX.

FFIX just sucked me in first time playing with just the plot at first then you want to play more and more and more..which I did the first time I played it.

Just the story of everything in it is really good..

Ok enough of me harping on this how good it is.

I'm playing this game for the 3rd time and I'm going to get everything prolly cept the cards because I don't like that card game lol

I just thought it FFIX should get its own thread I guess (or because I'm playing it lol)

Well I'm off to play some right now (I'm on the third disc)

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:10 am

I was VERY disapointed in IX, yes it remided me of the days of playing 2 and 3 (technically 4 and 6), all in all it was a dissapointment it was rushed it was buggy and jumpy, the video quality just didn't seem as good as VIII. My order of the newer ones (7-10) would be:

VIII
Tactics
VII
X
IX

But that is just my opinion

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 am

I never had much experience with IX, as it never really appealed to me. VIII is still my favorite by far. I love the characters, and the world as a whole seemed a tiny bit more believeable to me than VII.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:19 pm

IX sucks. The characters are all horrible.

I liked 6, 7, and 8 are the best. What 8 lacked in story, it made up for in music and art/visuals. 6 is just classic. 7 is overhyped, but I can't deny that it totally sucked me, and pretty much everyone else, in when it first came out. 4 is awesome too.

XII will rock so hard.

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:35 pm

Riot wrote:IX sucks. The characters are all horrible.

I liked 6, 7, and 8 are the best. What 8 lacked in story, it made up for in music and art/visuals. 6 is just classic. 7 is overhyped, but I can't deny that it totally sucked me, and pretty much everyone else, in when it first came out. 4 is awesome too.

XII will rock so hard.
Your are right in some parts cept the characters in IX don't suck. Really is just the other way around for myself..I don't like FFVII or FFVIII characters.

But yeah 8 did lack in story but did have good visuals and at least someone think 7 is overhyped because it is..I'm not saying its a bad game just its way to overhyped.

Well thats my opinion.

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:39 pm

I just thought the characters in IX were horribly designed and very ugly. Any game where I think the characters are ugly and uninteresting is bad. The story and gameplay as I remember were pretty good, but I haven't played it since it came out. I kind of have an urge to play it again.

Queen Brahne + Steiner = Ugliest characters ever. There were like no redeeming characters in the game. Everybody's boners for Vivi, but he wasn't really that great or special.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:21 am

VII-X are amazing. my favorite probably being VII but IX comes really close. i loved it. my least fav is probably VIII but i still love it. yeah im tired. i worked all night. im going to sleep. good night. peace out
Team KIMO represent!

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:34 pm

FFVI was the last real FF

i don't even get why people tote them to be such great games a 7th grader could write a more dramatic story and the fighting mechanics are so outdated it makes me weep
insert code compile execute return

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:16 pm

sam wrote:the fighting mechanics are so outdated it makes me weep
AFAIK 12 has some new fancy battle system, but it will probably still boil down to the same basic thing. =/ I'll still buy it though, cause I'm a junkie.

The best Final Fantasy, hands down in my opinion, is 4. Its world, characters, story, plot/character development, and dynamics were awesome. It was very well balanced and actually had a good amount of difficulty to it.

Aside from 4, I haven't played 3 (JP), but 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are all good. 7 is a little overrated (it's actually a bit depressing :cry: ) 8 had great music and awesome graphical design, and a unique, interesting story, but the rest of the game just blew.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:22 pm

Kingdom Hearts.