RCT 3

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Bionix
Standard
Standard

RCT 3

Post by Bionix » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:44 pm

I finally got to play Roller coaster tycoon 3 today and i must say it is the best design game i have ever played. They kept the simple design mode of RCT 2 and added a coaster camera. This is definetly a game for the people who love design games. Thought and/or Comments?
Warning incoming game!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:55 pm

I would love to try it. I played the original Roller Coaster Tycoon and loved it. I never played the second. I haven't had a whole lot of time for games since I played the first, and it seems the only games I make any time for these days are Bemani. RCT3 definitely seems like the kind of game I would get into, but then again I've owned Sim City 4 for like a year now and I haven't played it even once. -_-

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:03 pm

I tried to get into RCT3.

I went through all of the tutorials, started out on the first scenario, spent some time on it, tried out another scenario, and screwed around in sandbox mode. That was about two months ago. I haven't touched it since.

It looks good and promising, but I just wasn't able to really get into it. I find playing SimTower and SimCity 2000 much more fun.

Note that I haven't played any of the other RCT games before 3, so this is a perspective from a newcomer to the series.

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:42 am

I remember killing people on the original RCT... shuttle launch ^_^ somehow I doubt you can still do that on RCT 3... but if you can, man, that would be entertaining.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:18 pm

You can still do that and if the train flies off the track it can hit the people and they scream when it happenes.
Warning incoming game!