The 'help-malictus-pick-a-new-game' thread

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:11 am

a great MMO which i think is better than WoW is Final Fantasy XI. idk but i like it alot more but WoW is still a great game.
Team KIMO represent!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:54 am

I dunno if any suggestions now are too late or not, but if you're into MMO's there's this new one called RF Online I think you can get a 7 day free trial or something, but it looks really sweet. I'm not much into MMO's though, they get boring really fast plus I don't like how most of them FORCE you to group up with people to do anything. I'm a loner that's why I like to play console RPG's and stuff like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:27 am

OrangeLounger wrote:I dunno if any suggestions now are too late or not, but if you're into MMO's there's this new one called RF Online I think you can get a 7 day free trial or something, but it looks really sweet. I'm not much into MMO's though, they get boring really fast plus I don't like how most of them FORCE you to group up with people to do anything. I'm a loner that's why I like to play console RPG's and stuff like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
Yeah, I know what you mean. WoW is really great in that you can pretty much advance as far as you want without grouping. Although I like MMO's and really appreciate being in a multi-player environment, I don't usually have enough time at one sitting to slog through some huge instance, so I solo'ed in WoW quite a bit.

Back in the old days of Everquest (1), it was much harder to solo; once you got to a decent level you were forced to either group or go around killing guards...

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:16 pm

You can always start playing Maple Story, it is all around free, and I have to say I AM FREAKING ADDICTED TO IT. And you can solo ALOT of it. The only thing that sucks about it is you have people constantlt asking for Mesos when you are a higher level, and you got people running around calling people noobs all the time. Other than that it is cool.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:03 pm

lgolem wrote:The only thing that sucks about it is you have people constantlt asking for Mesos when you are a higher level, and you got people running around calling people noobs all the time. Other than that it is cool.
That's sorta the universal problem of every MMO, isn't it? :lol:

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:56 pm

malictus wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:I dunno if any suggestions now are too late or not, but if you're into MMO's there's this new one called RF Online I think you can get a 7 day free trial or something, but it looks really sweet. I'm not much into MMO's though, they get boring really fast plus I don't like how most of them FORCE you to group up with people to do anything. I'm a loner that's why I like to play console RPG's and stuff like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
Yeah, I know what you mean. WoW is really great in that you can pretty much advance as far as you want without grouping. Although I like MMO's and really appreciate being in a multi-player environment, I don't usually have enough time at one sitting to slog through some huge instance, so I solo'ed in WoW quite a bit.

Back in the old days of Everquest (1), it was much harder to solo; once you got to a decent level you were forced to either group or go around killing guards...

I love raiding with my guild. I actually enjoy the social aspect of online RPG's, so it's a plus for me. And IMO, the real difficulty is in coordinating your character with dozens of other people, and it's much more enthralling for me to do that.

Although you do get pissed off at people in, say, Molten Core against, say, Baron Geddon when they don't effing move out of the group when they're the bomb despite the multiple CT Raid notices and debuff marker...thank god my guild got past that the first night of MC...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:48 pm

I would also like to mention the game Black and White 1 or 2. They both kick ass and can be funnier than hell depending on how you play it.
Warning incoming game!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Wrong wrong wrong. The correct answer is http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html.

This standalone indie-made platformer is one of the best games I've seen in years. Anyone else who has played this can back me up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_story

Where can you find it? Well since it's freeware.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~chawagne/CaveStory.zip

You'll be glad you played this. As will anyone else that is willing to give in to their old school roots.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:23 pm

Bionix wrote:I would also like to mention the game Black and White 1 or 2. They both kick ass and can be funnier than hell depending on how you play it.
I saw Black & White 2 at EB yesterday for $20 new, I was thinking that's a steal, but I didn't buy it to make sure it was actually good. So would you recommend it?

-Dan

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

Post by DjKARL » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:57 pm

I would recomend saving our money for buying a import arcade machine of Boonga-Boonga!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:19 pm

LMAO yeah, that IS a good idea...

-Dan

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:49 am

dance1005 wrote:
Bionix wrote:I would also like to mention the game Black and White 1 or 2. They both kick ass and can be funnier than hell depending on how you play it.
I saw Black & White 2 at EB yesterday for $20 new, I was thinking that's a steal, but I didn't buy it to make sure it was actually good. So would you recommend it?

-Dan
I would because you play a god and you Create, rule and in some cases kill cities and people either on your own or with your avatar, witch can be various animals i usualy have a Cow as mine. For instance my people were losing faith in me so i had my cow kill half of the people as a leson for the others and i actualy earned points for that.
Warning incoming game!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:56 am

DAN, YOUR SIGNITURE CLAIMS THAT YOU ARE BVETTER THAN SEX, I NEED PROOF OF THIS AT ONCE.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:16 am

My place, tonight :wink:

-Dan

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Wrong wrong wrong. The correct answer is http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html.
Yeah and that takes like 2 hours to finish at most. Does have some replay value if you want to get the different endings and items though.