Soul Calibur 2 Arcade machines? Anywhere? ;_;

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

AtomX

Soul Calibur 2 Arcade machines? Anywhere? ;_;

Post by AtomX » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:30 pm

You know, I think I actually remember this being one of the very first topics I made when I originally joined IndyDDR way back when, but I don't really remember if it got any kind of response. But either way, I have recently rekindled my love for SC2, and was wondering if there are still any arcade machines around Indianapolis. It's probably a serious longshot, but figured I'd ask. I really haven't been to that many arcades around town, but the ones I have been to don't have it (Westside, Eastside, Circle Center, Laser Flash, & X-Site). I think I remember the PP in FW having it, but I am definitely not driving 2 hours just to play it. Heh..

But yeah.. Any help would be loved!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:36 pm

I seem to remember LazerLite in Bloomington having an SC2 machine, which is definitely closer than Fort Wayne (which actually has two).

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:46 pm

Hmmmmmm....... That might be do-able.

I'm hoping to find one kind of close to home. I mainly want to get back into Conquest Mode. That's so much fun :) Makes replay value skyrocket (for me anyway)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 pm

Time Out in Terre Haute has one, right next to the DDR machine too.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:03 am

Theres one at Putt Putt here and one at Tokens-N-Tickets.
Lazer X has a Soul Blade machine I believe.

And conquest rocks. =D

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:32 am

Thanks for the info guys :)

I've been doing some reading up, and it looks like Soul Calibur 3 is going to be coming out here this fall (around October). Various articles have stated that the arcade version will be out only a month or two before the console versions. And while that's certainly good news for console gamers, I don't really think that will bode well for the arcade version. I just don't really know if too many arcade owners are going to want to invest in a pricey upgrade for a game that's going to be out on consoles in just a month or two. I mean, I knew some arcade owners who didn't want to invest in a SC2 machine a good 5-6 months before the console release because they thought it'd be a waste... So, who knows.. I'm sure the console version will be bad ass anyway. And will more than likely FINALLY include online play! It's been confirmed for PS2, X-Box, and GC, and "one other system". They haven't said which other one, but it'll probably either be PSP or X-Box 2 (since that'll be the first next-gen console that comes out). Though, I'm kind of leaning towards PSP. Or at least hoping.. Since Wi-Fi SC3 would be the shit :P

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:42 am

Yeah. Bloomington has two SCII machines, one at Lazerlite and one at the Union. I wonder how many of my time attack and survival scores are still on the Lazerlite machine...

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:34 pm

Soul Calibur III?

The only thing better game-wise right now would be having DDR or Time Crisis in my house!

That's awesome.

Ooo, speaking of conquest, I moved up to captain yesterday. n_n
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:28 am

Heh, my ex-girlfriend is Weapon Master on one of the machines in Austin, and is still only ranked like 3rd or 4th on the machine. The competition there is fierce.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:05 am

Am working my way up there. Will take quite a while, though. Am just waiting for my name to start coming up in the list of people you play or whatnot.

I can only imagine that's how a few of the people made it up so high in ranking.

Except for Kin Yip. Hell, I think that man sleeps at Putt-Putt and doesn't go home.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:52 am

Yeah, Kips characters are a pain in the ass,
but nowhere near as bad as Shaggy's.

That thing is a Nightmare among Nightmares.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:04 pm

i know where a machine is!... if you want to drive 5 hours to madison wisconsin :P

i havent played it at all on arcade... i watched a little bit of a few tourneys they have had... but i havent played much....

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:30 pm

greenwood has a machine. haha

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pm

The Greenwood Putt-Putt? I didnt notice it when I was there last (which was.. a LONG ass time ago)

And yeah if you want your Conquest characters to be really friggin hard to beat, just play as defensively as possible. And try to make the time run out as far as it'll go. One of the guys in Austin did that all the time, and while his character wasn't even really that high ranked, it was so damn hard to get a hit on him because he parried damn near everything (he also played as Talim, and she's too friggin fast >_<).

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:30 pm

A Talim player that has to turtle to win?
Thats messed up.
On average I can win my matches with her in 15 seconds or less.