Soul Calibur 2 Arcade machines? Anywhere? ;_;

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:35 am

AtomX wrote:The Greenwood Putt-Putt? I didnt notice it when I was there last (which was.. a LONG ass time ago)

And yeah if you want your Conquest characters to be really friggin hard to beat, just play as defensively as possible. And try to make the time run out as far as it'll go. One of the guys in Austin did that all the time, and while his character wasn't even really that high ranked, it was so damn hard to get a hit on him because he parried damn near everything (he also played as Talim, and she's too friggin fast >_<).
no. greenwood park mall, time out

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:52 am

God Of Rock wrote:A Talim player that has to turtle to win?
Thats messed up.
On average I can win my matches with her in 15 seconds or less.
no i think he was saying... that he lets the time run out so that he has more time to raise his charecter....

but i dont understand how this all works with the conquest and all that.... what does the game watch your fighing styles and then repeat them as a new charecter or something?....

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:37 am

Turtling is letting the clock run out.

And time is one of the factors governing your stats.
Hif you finish quicker, your power goes up.
If you take a long time and let the clock run out your
wisdom goes up.

Your fighting style along with your stats determine how
well your character does against others.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:11 pm

yea... so its probably just his stratagy on how to raise his charecter... gets lots of wisdom right away then in a while he will raise his power...

sounds good to me

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:21 pm

I could be wrong, though, but in letting the time run out each time to put a major boost on your wisdom and then working toward skill or power would diminish your wisdom.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I can get my Talim's soul up to 100%, but when I start playing the way I usually play again, it drops significantly because I rarely use the soul charge (speaking of, I need to learn how to do the fast one instead of the one where you tap the A, B, and K buttons. That one takes too long).

So I'm not quite sure what he's doing besides letting the time run out. Ultimately, what good does the wisdom do your character, when they're fighting? Anybody know?
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:38 pm

Im not sure what wisdom does, but I know Talims soul charges.

If you hit the 3 buttons for a regular sc and then hit G,
you keep the charge but its a lesser one.

Talims charged strikes are A+B for the cold wind break.
Talims Icy Wind break is B+K
Talims Soul Charge attack is 6-5-4-6-5-4+B

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:05 pm

Well, what I meant by that was, he would always play a very balanced game, like, he would do a lot of great attacks in the first third of the battle and get the opponent down as much as he could, and then he'd spend the remainder of the clock blocking, side-stepping, parrying, and just plain avoiding being hit. And then at like around 4-5 seconds, he'd go in for the kill with a soul charge. So his stats were generally all boosted

JB
Light
Light

Flying J

Post by JB » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:02 pm

It is probably still at the Flying J off of the Harding street exit off of 465 southside. They had a little game room with the 3d tank fighting game, soul caliber 2, virtua cop 3, and a few other decent games. SC2 might still be around. The game area is open 24hrs if you don't might smelly truckers and lot lizards. :lol:

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 am

i think theres one of these at the purdue union...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 am

You do realize that the topic you just posted in is over a YEAR old, right? Heck, many of the people who posted in this thread don't even show up that much anymore...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.