Brain Age

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Brain Age

Post by sam » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 pm

OMG!!! If you're a nerd and into mental dexterity get this 'game' NOW!

it's only $20, has sudoku in it (woo pocket sudoku) and on top of that, it has tests to exercise your brain and meter it. it keeps track of your daily progress so you can view it over a plotted graph for an extended amount of time. I got a DS yesterday just for this program because I'm into neuroscience. My friend that's majoring in neurochemestry at IU is going to use this in one of his studies as well!

Few interesting nerdy things I've noticed 'playing' with the thing:
Brain Age drops drastically after 4 bowls of marijuana..I went from 28 to 45 D:
Brain Age increases after chugging a coke. I went from 28 to 24!

I got 3 files going, 1 for right when I wake up in the morning, 1 for when I'm intoxicated and 1 for when I'm bored. This thing is awesome. My only complaint being left-handed the game defaults in right-handed mode. There is no way to switch over to left-handed mode unless you load a left-handed profile. This works alright except that in the Quick Training mode there's no option to switch handness so the person who's just fooling around w/ the game might not get the best experience.
http://www.brainage.com
insert code compile execute return

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:21 pm

sam wrote:I got 3 files going, 1 for right when I wake up in the morning, 1 for when I'm intoxicated and 1 for when I'm bored
That's a really good idea! I've been contemplating purchasing a DS.... but I'm not 100% sure that I want one, but after the post about tetris DS and brain age (which does look really good) it is getting very irresistable. Plus I want to play mario kart :D
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.