Standard

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN

Post by goten444 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:00 pm

this is going to be the best thing ever
o look at that bunny....^.^

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 pm

i wasn't very impressed with it :(
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:11 pm

I liked it.

Edit- It's weird to think that you barely even born when FF7 even came out.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:39 am

its weird to think that people thought Tifa had MASSIVE jugs back then haha... well... I guess maybe she had a boobjob done to reduce them.... maybe... I dunno... haha its all good anyhow

The game brought a tear to my eye just because how it reminded me of the game. I liked the action stuff... just the... storyline was.... sub par id say

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:18 am

Riot wrote:I liked it.

Edit- It's weird to think that you barely even born when FF7 even came out.
lol that's funny.

I thought the movie was pretty good, it wasn't perfect... the storyline was a bit thrown together IMO. But excellent graphics and voice acting! maybe the game will add some stuff to it.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:11 pm

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:43 pm

I'm a lirth type of guy.

P.S. The DVD is coming out April 25th. Though I, and most others, saw it in November.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 pm

Riot wrote:I'm a lirth type of guy.

P.S. The DVD is coming out April 25th. Though I, and most others, saw it in November.
yup. only the cool people saw it then. oh yeah. i thought it was pretty good.
Team KIMO represent!

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Thu May 04, 2006 7:57 am

I got the UMD the day it came out and watched it 3 times... i swear i peed a little during the fight scenes, truly incredible
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu May 04, 2006 10:09 am

I was really upset with the english release, honestly I liked it better with the Japanese voices and english subtitles.

I thought the voice actors hired for these parts... just didnt suit the charecter well at all, and they couldnt capture the real charecter well enough.

Plus the fact that they didnt lipsynch the lips to the voices really bothered me.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu May 04, 2006 7:00 pm

letshavetea wrote:I thought the voice actors hired for these parts... just didnt suit the charecter well at all.....
They are the same people who did the voices for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.....and it is Spike off of Cowboy Bebop is Vincent, Jet off of Cowboy Bebop is Barrett....WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT....those guys were perfect for there roll.....especially Spike, that was just great. ^_^

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Thu May 04, 2006 9:21 pm

letshavetea wrote:I was really upset with the english release, honestly I liked it better with the Japanese voices and english subtitles.

I thought the voice actors hired for these parts... just didnt suit the charecter well at all, and they couldnt capture the real charecter well enough.

Plus the fact that they didnt lipsynch the lips to the voices really bothered me.

i know exactly what you mean... watch this... *moves mouth for 20 seconds* yup...
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 pm

you can't expect them to completely re-render the movie and redo all the mouth movements to a lesser market in america. See what happened with the spirits within? (personally I loved the movie but most people hate it)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Ottop
Standard
Standard

Post by Ottop » Sat May 06, 2006 8:44 pm

Yes, at last, last week I purchased Final Fantasy Advent Children. I was thoroughly impressed with some parts, yet other parts of the movie lacked greatly.

To start off, the fight scenes were indeed intense enough justify the ass kicking ability of the FF7 characters, yet some parts were over exagerated and reminded me of Dragon Ball Z. :/ Also, if you look closely when they fight, they actually use their limit breaks and attacks from the game. Detail is something that I respect, so Advent Children gets an A+ there. They even show all the different locations from FF7 such as the Church in the Slums. If you look closely at the very end of the movie, you can even see the most discrete FF7 character, Zakk. (Aeris' peice of ass that was in Soldier)

Story line, story line, story line... Just like most RPGS today focus on graphics over gameplay, this movie focused on graphics more than it did storyline. The story wan't bad, but it definitely didn't meet the standard that I have to come to expect from Square/Enix. It wasn't detailed enough is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Overall, this movie whoops the living piss out of any other game-based movie. With graphics and battles to blow a load over, I give it an A.

An A for Anal
I love everyone and all... but fuck off.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun May 07, 2006 6:29 am

lgolem wrote:
letshavetea wrote:I thought the voice actors hired for these parts... just didnt suit the charecter well at all.....
They are the same people who did the voices for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.....and it is Spike off of Cowboy Bebop is Vincent, Jet off of Cowboy Bebop is Barrett....WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT....those guys were perfect for there roll.....especially Spike, that was just great. ^_^
well... i dunno, is it just me or does Sepheroth sound like some sissy white boy to you?