Favorite Old system game Ever!!!

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:06 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Oops, wrong again. The answer is Gunstar Heroes.

Thanks for playing!
Too bad you're only part right.

Add just about any game made by Treasure and Sega.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:44 pm

i must show love for our unsung heros.

that is correct, the educational games you shamelessly played but loved.

number/word/fraction/everything munchers
this sucked up my indoor recess time in first grade

where in <insert geographical/historical context here> is Carmen Sandiego?
this has to be one of the longest running educational series on computers that can only be rivaled by the likes of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. I remember playing this game back when Prodigy was on Dos in 1990 online because it would give you new "episodes" to play. I bought an entire encyclopedia set off the salvation army just so I could be able to play the game.

Oregon Trail
they may not make it now but you better believe my kids will be playing this game. this was THE thing to do during indoor recess when I was in 4th grade. I can remember making stupid names just to see "Your boner has died." appear on scren. Oh the glory days.

Intelligent Qube
not for kids, but still very good exercise for your brain. a game for psx I highly reccomend checking out. I play this all the time..infact playing this game is what made me decide to write this post!

E.V.O Search for Eden
for SNES and not really a full-on educational game. This game starts you off as a little water creature and you generate your own path through evolution as you go through the Earth's time periods. Truely a fun game.

Civilization II
HOLY SHIT! I got my entire family addicted to this game! My Mom wouldn't be caught up past 10:30 PM...EVER and she would play this game till midnight any time she played it. She disliked this so she made herself stop playing. That's how awesome this game is. The only other games my Mom has ever liked are Zelda 1, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Party and Everquest.

so yeah there's 6 awesome educational games! I neglected the sim (not THE SIMS) series only because everyone loves them and there are a ton of them.
insert code compile execute return

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:26 pm

I never quite concidered the Intelligent Qube educational...
When i played it i just tryed to not get killed, which wasnt easy concidering i had no idea what was going on...

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:41 pm

sam wrote:
Intelligent Qube
This is correct. I loved this game back in the day, and a couple weeks ago I saw a copy at Book Off for only ¥504 (around $5), so I snatched that up quick!

A new game called Intelligent Mania: Intelligent Qube just came out over here on PSP, I'll probably pick that up as soon as it drops in price a bit...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:07 am

xK1 wrote:
sam wrote:
Intelligent Qube
This is correct. I loved this game back in the day, and a couple weeks ago I saw a copy at Book Off for only ¥504 (around $5), so I snatched that up quick!

A new game called Intelligent Mania: Intelligent Qube just came out over here on PSP, I'll probably pick that up as soon as it drops in price a bit...
you also have IQ Fever+ which is the PS2 update of intelligent Qube
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:18 am

i played intelligent mania...it's a series of different kinds of tests to see what your iq is...it's....different. It isn't anywhere near as fun as iq. Iq is not an educational game in the sense that you learn factual information, it teaches you problem solving skills as well as how to think spatialy when presented with a 2D view of a 3D environment.

another unsung awesome educational game:
castle/island of dr brain

all i can say for this one is fuck yes.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 am

sam wrote:number/word/fraction/everything munchers
Damn. How could I forget that game.....

I played that nonstop, even after I left elementary school.

I got top honors in the class for computer wiz and best at math thanks to that game in the 4th grade.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:10 pm

everyone needs to go play Secret of Mana
Team KIMO represent!

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:49 am

Lil Dyme wrote:everyone needs to go play Secret of Mana
THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

The thought that someday I might acquire this game is the only reason I have not sold my SNES. Multiplayer mode is just epic. It's so sad to see so few RPGs have a multiplayer option.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:35 pm

I was always a fan of the Zoombinis...does anyone else remember those strange logic puzzles?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:53 pm

sam wrote:another unsung awesome educational game:
castle/island of dr brain

all i can say for this one is fuck yes.
Quoted for profound truth. I adored the first game to pieces, even when I was probably way too old to be playing it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:45 pm

The best RPG for SNES was Earthbound...there was no compitition for that one.....and the one NES game that I have beat and played 500+ times would have to be Contra....what is sad is I still remember the code for 30 lives.......up up down down left right left right b a b a *start start (*start select start for 2 player)......is that sad I remember that?

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 pm

lgolem wrote:I still remember the code for 30 lives.......up up down down left right left right b a b a *start start (*start select start for 2 player)......is that sad I remember that?
What's sad is that you got it wrong. :P

U U D D L R L R B A (Select) Start

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 am

xK1 wrote:
lgolem wrote:I still remember the code for 30 lives.......up up down down left right left right b a b a *start start (*start select start for 2 player)......is that sad I remember that?
What's sad is that you got it wrong. :P

U U D D L R L R B A (Select) Start
ohh burn

I fell so left out... I got all my NES games like... four years ago when I started to collect them :P BIG PICTURE... its a picture of my NES collection I never really had the chance to go all crazy about any particular game :S I mean... there was Tetris and Mario.... but other than that... not much :P

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:57 am

needs more SMB 1/Duck Hunt cartridges