Maple Story

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Maple Story

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:04 am

Oh god... Maple Story.... A free MMORPG that will suck the soul from you eyeballs! It burns.... You may play it for 3 days... OR 3 YEARS! its fun fo a while, but other than that, after playing it youcan easily go back to whatever you was doing before... and... not... suffer...

(It was only a matter of time before someone poted about this game)

Discuss
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:42 am

id say yer little description of the game is very accurate... the game is a great game.... for a while after a month or two youll probably get sick of it and continue on your mery way

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Yea, exactly. I mean, after that, you may look back at it and play it for about an hour or so. Pretty fun. My best character is Fareoth, warrior lvl. 16. Look for meh in the Broa server! ^^

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:12 pm

I played it for a bit... my brothers all got hooked (I have 3 brothers) only one of them plays now... he is a 23 warrior... he doesnt really know what he is doing either... i mean... I saw him yesterday running around with a wooden sword

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:45 pm

level 23 with a wooden sword? thats a weopon for level 10-15 warriors. (for those who need help) My level 16 uses a fork on a stick... it works pretty well... actually, for those starting a new person heres some advice taken from a thread from flashflashrevolution.com

Archers: Roll a 4/4 at best, 5/5 at worst in the stats for Int and Luk. If possible, try for this:

11/6/4/4 (Str/Dex/Int/Luk)

You want as much strength as possible to kill faster. Be sure to add Dex as well. You'll need 25 before advancing at level 10 into a Bowman. Only add to Str and Dex throughout your entire career. Adding to HP / MP / Int / Luk will screw up your character. IGNORE WHAT I SAID ABOUT STR BECAUSE I AM AN IDIOT ABOUT ARCHERS. Add Dex. STR is level + 5 (For Hunters. It's Level for Crossbowmen).

Once you are a bowman, you can pretty much do whatever you want. I'd suggest maxing Eye of the Amazon first, then Critical Shot, then Double Shot, and finally get 9 points into Focus.

For the second job, you can be a Crossbowman or a Hunter. Hunters use bows, Crossbowmen use crossbows. Crossbows attack SLIGHTLY slower, but they do much more damage. Both classes get a "Booster" skill to increase the fire-rate. In any event, you're going to want Mastery first thing. Soul Arrow is extremely useful as you no longer have to use arrows when you have it. Arrow Bomb / Iron Arrow are these classes' new attacks. They hit up to 6 enemies when fired. At level 30, most people say to put your first point into these skills just so you have a multi-attack, then start maxing your Mastery. After that, it's your decision.

Warriors: Roll a 4/4 at best, 5/5 at worst in the stats for Int and Luk. If possible, try this:

11/6/4/4 (Str/Dex/Int/Luk)

You want as much strength as possible to kill faster. Your Dex as a Warrior is not needed for much of anything except for your accuracy. Most people decide on a Dex-cap for their warrior. It's usually 50 or 60. Reason being, the 2nd job advancement gives you a skill known as "_____ Mastery". Whatever weapon you choose to use in the 2nd job, you Master it. It basically means you gain 19 (20 really) accuracy, and it raises your minimum damage from 10% to 60%.

As a Warrior, it is imperative that you max out "Increasing Max HP Increase" FIRST. I know it's poorly-worded, but it does in fact add to your HP without putting ability points in it. Most people choose to go:

HP Increase -> Slash Blast -> Power Strike. 6 Points leftover for fun. I'd recommend some points into Endure for dangerous situations in the future.

For the second job, you have 3 choices. You can be a Fighter, Spearman, or Page. Fighters are pure power. The skills you get are basically there to increase your own attack power. Spearman are party-folk. They do great damage at the expense of a slow attack. They have one of the best party skills ever: Hyper Body. It raises your max HP and MP by a lot. Pages are the magical-fighters. In the 3rd job, they use fire, ice, and lightning infusions into their weapon to attack enemies. Hard to level in the 2nd job as those skills mainly suck.

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT THE PAGE SKILL: THREATEN. Apparently, pages have a hidden gem of a "party" skill. Threaten lowers 6 enemies' attack and defense power by 20 PERCENT when maxed. It's an amazing skill that benefits your entire party.

Thieves: Roll a 4/4 at best, 5/5 at worst in the stats for Int and Str. If possible, try this:

4/11/4/6 (Str/Dex/Int/Luk)

You want Dex first for attack power. Once it's at 25 though, stop putting Dex in and start adding pure Luk. From then on, your Dex should be twice your level. So at level 15, you need 30 Dex. Luk is your damage no matter what route you take.

Claw thief: These thieves use throwing-stars to kill enemies. You want to go this route: Keen eyes -> Lucky Seven -> Nimble Body -> Dark Sight / Disorder. Learn to love Lucky Seven as you will be using it from the time you max it to the time you quit the game. Even at level 100+, you still use it. Why? Because it does damage based on the amount of Luk you have. And you have a lot of Luk. Claw thieves also have a fatal flaw; when you attack close-range, you will punch the enemy instead of throwing a star. To prevent this, learn to throw in the air.

Claw thieves have to make their own claws (or buy them from other people) and find their own stars (or buy them from other people). This makes them expensive to use. In fact, the best star in our game, the Ilbi, has previously sold for 20,000,000. The second-best, the Steely, currently sells for 6,000,000.

As you advance to be an Assassin, you will want to pretty much skip Javelin Mastery for a while. Max Critical Throw first. Booster or Haste comes next (I recommend Haste). Haste is the best skill you can have. It allows you to move around faster. And by faster, I mean EXTREMELY FAST. Not only that, but it increases your jumping ability as well. Sadly, people will be begging you to give them Haste all the time. It is a party skill and your friends will love you for having it.

Dagger thief: These tend to cost more as you have to be up-close-and-personal with the enemy all the time. You want to go: Double Stab -> Nimble Body -> Disorder / Dark Sight. Dagger thieves don't have to use Double Stab forever. In fact, it is replaced very quickly. When you become a Bandit, you first want Mastery, of course. Then you get a new attack skill known as Savage Blow. Once it does 6 hits, start using it instead of Double Stab. Savage Blow will hit one enemy 6 times for great damage. And it looks way cool. Then you want to mix Haste and Booster as you see fit.

Both? Yes, you can do another build known as a Banditsin. What you do here is be a Claw Thief that becomes a Bandit. Reason being, the first job skillbook sucks for a Bandit. Double Stab is relatively worthless and there's no point in having it later on. So you max Keen Eyes, Lucky Seven, and Nimble Body. You use Lucky Seven until level 43. At 43, you should have maxed Dagger Mastery and Savage Blow. That's when you cast aside your claw and put on your dagger. This is a very expensive way to level, but it's extremely fast if you have the money for it.

Dexless? Scroll up your armor for Dex (level 30 Sauna Robe is a good one to go for) and wear it forever. Most Dexless Assassins need Dex eventually, but the more Luk you have, the more damage you do. It's better to have more Luk, but you're ugly without changing your clothes ever. And yes, people do this so they have enough Dex for their new weapons as well.

Magicians: Roll a 4/4 at best, 5/5 at worst in the stats for Str and Dex. If possible, try this:

4/4/11/6 (Str/Dex/Int/Luk)

Finally, my favorite class. It's also the one that most people play (sadly) and the one most people screw up. You want Int. That's all you care about, EVER. Int. Luk is there just so you can equip new stuff. The general formula is to have level + 3 in Luk. However, that's a crock. Only add Luk when you need / want to instead of just adding 4 int and 1 luk every level. Why? Because having more Int not only means more damage, but more MP increased the next time you level up. Please do your skills as such. If you don't, you will regret it.

1 Energy Bolt
5 Increasing MP Recovery
10 Increasing max MP Increase
10 Magic Claw
Save 3 levels of SP
20 Magic Claw
16 Increasing MP Recover
20 Magic Guard

But, that's not necessary. You can also leave Claw at 10, max out MP Recovery, then start saving points for Claw. However, DO NOT TOUCH MAGIC ARMOR. It is a crappy skill that will not help you. Magic Guard is there so you can live. Magicians have incredibly low HP. Magic Guard makes it so you can live while killing harder enemies, or just use potions less often while leveling. I've already had to use it at level 54 with my Cleric just to GET to the place where I wanted to level.

Job advance time. You can become one of three new classes: Fire/Poison Wizard, Ice/Lightning Wizard, or Cleric. Surprisingly, the Cleric is the MOST popular class in this game, unlike practically every other game.

Fire/Poison - They could rename this to Fire Wizard. That's all you really use. Why? Because it's insanely powerful. Poison is pretty weak and takes a long time to actually kill the enemy. Do this:

Fire Arrow -> Meditation -> Teleport -> Poison / Slow -> MP Eater

Ice/Lightning - I love these dudes. Ice Wizards have the ability to freeze their opponents. Lightning is a 6-hit attack, but it's very costly. You can choose which one to use at first unlike the Fire/Poison Wizards.

Cold Beam / Thunder bolt -> Meditation -> Teleport -> Thunder Bolt / Cold Beam -> MP Eater

I recommend Ice.

Now, you can drop Meditation (as a lot of Wizards do these days) and max everything except for it. Up to you whether you want Slow and another attack skill over this.

Cleric - The Cleric's best skill is also his primary attack skill: Heal. Heal hits up to 5 undeads around you for pretty good damage. Not as good as the Wizards, of course, because Clerics are meant to be for support.

The builds for Clerics are tricky. I'll make a few.

Pure leveling speed:
Heal -> Teleport -> MP Eater -> Bless -> Invincible

Money-saving and fast leveling:
Heal -> MP Eater -> Teleport -> Bless -> Invincible

Support first:
Heal -> Bless -> Teleport -> MP Eater -> Invincible

Notice how I left out the skill "Holy Arrow". Wanna know why? Because it sucks. Don't ever EVER max this skill. Magic Claw is more powerful than Holy Arrow. I'm totally serious on this one. You are "forced" to put 11 points into something at level 67. I'm choosing Holy Arrow just for its looks.

Bleh, you CAN choose to get this skill. If you do, you drop MP Eater. Where you add it is up to you.

And that's it. That took me an hour to type. So, if you need further help, contact me in-game. I am Semicolon in Bera and Squeak in Scania. Everybody on FFR that I know of is in Bera right now.

That should help some of you guys out

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:03 pm

^^^ That's an example of when you give a link instead of taking up 2 pages copying and pasting that.

-Dan

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Dude I hear Fluffyumpkins hates this game. Like, whenever anybody mentions it he pushes F4 and makes an angry face.

In real life.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:01 pm

hm... yea, well... wait, isn't F5 the angry face? oh well, i dunno, its the only one i know, lol

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:04 pm

f5 is def. browser refresh
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:20 pm

I don't know I haven't played it for a long time.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:19 pm

i played it like 2 weeks ago for like a week. i got tired of it.
Team KIMO represent!

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:37 am

yea... as i said, i play from time to time... then i remember "oh yea, i have a life!" so i just turn it off...

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:15 pm

I pretty much twinked my guy from 1 to 27 in a week. He was a near perfect Ice Mage build, but then I realised how much time I was putting into the game and opted out. All I can say is that I nearly broke my mouse and keyboard getting angry at those damn jumping quests. Seriously there is NO NEED to fall to the bottom every time a monkey grazes you with a banana.

Also play a female character. Male characters give you loot and you don't even hafta cyber.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:16 am

lnk2gamsytpl0x

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:23 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Also play a female character. Male characters give you loot and you don't even hafta cyber.
Lol sad but true... applies to alot of MMORPGs
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.