Heavy
Heavy

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Post by Green Tea » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:51 pm

I was playing this game on my mid spec computer:

Geforce FX 5200
AMD XP 3000+ 2.3 GHz processor
1 Gb ram

I ran the game with Low texture detail, 640x480, no bloom, no AA and it was choppy as hell. I am extremely disappointed. I can't even really play it. And all you little kids who get their computer from their parents cannot talk, because I can't afford a new computer. I have too many expenses in the next 2 years.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:01 pm

I'm running an Athlon XP 3400+ with 1Gb ram and integrated graphics. I'll probably get a $150+ graphics card and maybe another gig of ram before attempting to play Oblivion.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Jinchuu
Standard
Standard

Post by Jinchuu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:56 pm

My comp is about the same specs with less ram, so I'm not even going to bother trying. Sigh.. and I feel all tingly in my pants thinking about the game too..

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:02 am

Jinchuu wrote:My comp is about the same specs with less ram, so I'm not even going to bother trying. Sigh.. and I feel all tingly in my pants thinking about the game too..
well let's not get hasty... I'm doing a quick check to see if maybe I had some bad processes running, because my computer started running slow... there still may be hope

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:42 am

I shoud be getting the Xbox 360 version in a couple weeks. The only reason I don't have it right now is because the American and European versions aren't region free. :(

The sole reason I bought my original Xbox was after watching a friend of mine play Morrowind on it.

I really want to play this game.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:12 am

xK1 wrote:I shoud be getting the Xbox 360 version in a couple weeks. The only reason I don't have it right now is because the American and European versions aren't region free. :(

The sole reason I bought my original Xbox was after watching a friend of mine play Morrowind on it.

I really want to play this game.
and you have every right to want to play this game... from what I've managed to do, it's been simply astounding. I accidently had high graphics at the very beginning (you're in a prison cell omgspoiler) but you could see the moisture on the walls and it was stunning. The only thing bad about the graphics (IMHO) are people's faces. They look pretty ugly.

Update: no progress on project speed up framerate :(. Reformatting my computer next weekend hopefully (not just for this game, I'm sick of having a cluttered computer, so instead of going through and deleting what I don't want, I'm reformatting.)

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:03 am

i got to play it. just stupid. guards almost outrun you even when ur on a horse....
Team KIMO represent!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:25 pm

As soon as I can scrounge up $60 I'm most definitely getting that for my 360. Most of my friends just bought a 360 for Oblivion, and that's pretty much what I did, too.

-Dan

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:52 am

I was waiting for oblivion to come out to buy my 360... and I still havent bought it.... I dont have the finances available right now to aquire this piece of equipment.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 am

i played this last weekend on a lg hdtv plasma...i wasn't impressed at all. it looked like an older computer game to me. How is the 360 'new' graphics? The water in F.E.A.R looks a bazillion times better! Even with a 6600 standard!
insert code compile execute return