Last straw sucked up all the steam

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Last straw sucked up all the steam

Post by Green Tea » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:14 pm

I am done with Steam... I remember when you'd buy Half-Life and log into planet halflife and download the latest mod and get some good ol' fashioned gaming on the won network. But those days are gone. Now, with the development of Half life 2 they charge the normal price for the game, but then on top of that they charge around $20.00 for every mod that comes out! this includes classics like DoD. I am really pissed. Valve is also making all these new mods too like Ragdoll Kung fu and a new one I just saw today darwinia (which looked really good in the trailer)... so Valve is going against everything that made half life good, which was the free mods that were made for it. Personally I am sick of their greed, they're just milking the consumers and I'm through with it.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:47 pm

fgsds

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Eh most of the games are free, and when you do have to buy a game (like DoD) $20 isn't too bad. However, whether DoD itself was worth that much, that's a different story =P. I got bored of it in like 2 days.

Jinchuu
Standard
Standard

Post by Jinchuu » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:55 pm

Meh.. I always thought Steam sucked, cause well.. it's Steam.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:27 am

At first I read "Last straw sucks up all the semen"

But I leave this thread dissaponted :(

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:22 am

Well Darwinia...thats not a Valve game...STEAM and Valve are different companies...from what ive read atleast...STEAM is supposed to also distribute F.E.A.R. soon...but yeah...if you want the games that bad...google CueSteam....DOD:S fo fwee...and for kicks and giggles...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:53 pm

seveneleven wrote:Well Darwinia...thats not a Valve game...STEAM and Valve are different companies...from what ive read atleast...STEAM is supposed to also distribute F.E.A.R. soon...but yeah...if you want the games that bad...google CueSteam....DOD:S fo fwee...and for kicks and giggles...

So steam is turning into something like gamespy arcade? heh I just thought everything was HL2 on steam (and it's mods). personally I prefer having the good ol days of won arcade :(
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:43 pm

seveneleven wrote:Well Darwinia...thats not a Valve game...STEAM and Valve are different companies...from what ive read atleast...STEAM is supposed to also distribute F.E.A.R. soon...but yeah...if you want the games that bad...google CueSteam....DOD:S fo fwee...and for kicks and giggles...

Valve designed Steam. It's Valve's game distribution system. That .gif has always been my favorite example of how Steam updates like to screw with you.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.