Silent Hill Movie

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:
Original Sin wrote:I can't wait for this movie. Silent Hill has been a huge influence for me, and I'm interested to see how they portray it on screen.
there is no way this game has influenced your life 1 fucking bit. Thats like saying pretzels being the shape they are influenced your life into thinking hearts look like pretzels.

ok bad point, but it still didn't do anything for you. Games are entertainment thats it.
Look at Sin's webcomic. His art style is inspired by the art styles from both the games and the comic books. He does impressive work.

I'll agree with you in that it obviously hasn't influenced his entire life or anything, but the style from Silent Hill plays a huge part in his art style.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:48 pm

Exactly what she said. :wink:

Yeah, it's not one of those sappy 'OMG I'm turning my life around!'
influences...cuz frankly, that'd be wierd coming from silent hill.
It's an artistic inspiration.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:35 pm

this is the poster?!?!?

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:31 pm

i think it's just a teaser poster...
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

DjKARL
Standard
Standard

Post by DjKARL » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:44 pm

NEEDS PYRAMID-HEAD!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 am

DjKARL wrote:NEEDS PYRAMID-HEAD!!!!!
Look carefully, he's in that trailer. When it starts doing the heartbeat thing towards the end, he shows up very briefly.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 pm

i made this video a while back when i was known as burningthefeet on here.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=vmoud2c5h-w

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:05 pm

did you see what they annouced on psp for silent hill? it's original sin's wet dream.
insert code compile execute return

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:04 pm

sam wrote:did you see what they annouced on psp for silent hill? it's original sin's wet dream.
lol, nice. but no, I didn't hear anything about silent hill on the PSP.
I assume it's something I should be aware of?

The only 'new' silent hill news I've heard is that they're starting production
on SH5, but that's still a long ways off.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:40 pm

REEER SLASHDOT
http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/01/26/1812248.shtml

Designed to offer a comprehensive guide to all things Silent Hill, The Silent Hill Experience combines a number of media formats to give a compelling overview of the horror series. Using an intuitive 3D interface, users can view all-new Silent Hill digital interactive comics, listen to music from the four games in the series, and watch exclusive video content. The Silent Hill Experience also features an interview with Christophe Gans, the Director of the highly anticipated Silent Hill movie, starring Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:45 pm

As long as they get a new writer... all of the silent hill comics that I've read thus far have been shit. The most recent one I read was decent, until about halfway through when a bus full of cheerleaders broke down in the middle of town so they get out and start practicing in the middle of the street and then bust out machine guns and shit when the monsters show up. I only wish I was kidding.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:45 am

xK1 wrote:As long as they get a new writer... all of the silent hill comics that I've read thus far have been shit. The most recent one I read was decent, until about halfway through when a bus full of cheerleaders broke down in the middle of town so they get out and start practicing in the middle of the street and then bust out machine guns and shit when the monsters show up. I only wish I was kidding.
"Paint it Black." :P

Yeah, I got that one. I adore the artwork in that comic, though, but I do agree that when the cheerleaders show up it just gets...wrong. They defenitely need some new writers in the SH comic book department, because frankly, I think they might be on to something with that idea...
There are so many little sub plots that can be spawned from silent hill that are perfect for comic format, and not only that, it'd provide years up years of material.

Shit, they should let ME write for them. Damn, I'd even draw them, so long as they paid me handsomely for my efforts.

Fuck, who am I kidding. I'd do it regardless so long as they didn't sue my pants off for copyright infringement. :roll:

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:40 pm

something i made when those ads started becoming popular. i thought it was funny.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

SPOILERS!

Post by SirPhobos » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:13 pm

SPOILERS!!!

description of the Wondercon footage featuring pyramid head causing chaos

SPOILERS!!!

AGAIN I SAY, if you do not want to know, do not continue reading!!!

SPOILERS!!!

one of the people trying to get into the church (some people in the audience were saying school, hard to tell...) is stuck outside. people are fleeing into the church (as is Rose, I think)

As the people panic-shuffle into the church Pyramid head emerges. things are shiftting slightly. it sounded like the siren was sounding, although faint.. there is a woman that has (tripped, fallen, fainted, collapesed... hard to say?) been left behind and is not going to make it into the church...

Pyramid head, looking AWSOME (so much better than the trailer), proceeds to pick the woman up, twist her body violently for moment (you can acturally see individual ribs snapping) and tear her flesh off. thats right. he tears off her fucking skin (alhtough it iimmeaditelty cuts to behind him shot - you completely get the idea, flesh stips ripping of into his flacisd hand, hangin and and all...eww).

he then proceeds to heave her mangled body (or actually just skin i think) full force at the door to the church. It hits with a HUGE massive impact and LOTS of blood flies onto the people trying to shut the church doors (covers them would be a better desciption as the door is not entireley shut).

The last seconds of the clip are actually filmed through the blood ON the camera lens.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:29 pm

what about rape?! i thought he raped all his victims