AGH Guys the 360 is NOT as cool as you think it is ok?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

AGH Guys the 360 is NOT as cool as you think it is ok?

Post by sam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:32 am

Yeesh stop asking me if I'm getting a 360. Just because I play video games doesn't mean I'm a tool for media hype. For serious, look at the library of games out. You have Kameo, PGR3 and PDZ. The first two are decent games and the latter is well...HAHAAHHAHAHA thanks for making us wait for that Rare.

Every other game for 360 you can get on pc and it will look better. They're also on every other system as well. What's the point? No good games until March....Even then, does 2 games justify the $500 on the system that's going to sit on your desk for 3 months while you wait for more games?

No. I fell for that on the PSP. A smart man learns from their mistakes.
</rant>
insert code compile execute return

xK1
Standard
Standard

Re: AGH Guys the 360 is NOT as cool as you think it is ok?

Post by xK1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:55 am

Haha, you think that's bad? The Japanese launch is complete ass. I seriously don't know how Microsoft is planning on moving systems with these games.

The complete list:

Every Party
Tetris: The Grand Master Ace
FIFA 06: Road to the World Cup
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Ridge Racer 6
Perfect Dark Zero

So we get a poor man's Mario Party, a game that is playable on every electronic device ever created, a shitty soccer game, two racing games, and Perfect Dark.

I'm still going to buy one on Saturday though. :cry:

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:16 am

sam wrote:AGH Guys the 360 is NOT as cool as you think it is ok?

I whole-heartedly agree......
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:38 am

Thank god people who agree with me!

I've been in a heated discussion with a certain lady friend of mine as I tell her that the 360 is rubbish...She's a fanatic however...She keeps going on and on about how CoD2 is frigging awesome...I'm like "Bitch, I've been playing that game for the past two months or so, I got it first day and I already play in tourneys" But she's like "The controlers make it easier!" So I backhand her and tell her to learn to use a mouse...

...Obviously we broke up...
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:51 am

I saw one on display at Meijer yesterday. It was larger than I imagined it. If nothing else, it seemed to make a decent hand warmer.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:11 pm

Silent_Blade wrote:Thank god people who agree with me!

I've been in a heated discussion with a certain lady friend of mine as I tell her that the 360 is rubbish...She's a fanatic however...She keeps going on and on about how CoD2 is frigging awesome...I'm like "Bitch, I've been playing that game for the past two months or so, I got it first day and I already play in tourneys" But she's like "The controlers make it easier!" So I backhand her and tell her to learn to use a mouse...

truthfully, the controller is great. i bought one to use on my pc, the wired one works in xp and linux. this is the first game pad to actually replace my sidewinder usb. humerously, now that the controller works in xp you have CoD2 w/ the same exact controller and better gfx.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:21 pm

sam wrote:
Silent_Blade wrote:Thank god people who agree with me!

truthfully, the controller is great. i bought one to use on my pc, the wired one works in xp and linux. this is the first game pad to actually replace my sidewinder usb. humerously, now that the controller works in xp you have CoD2 w/ the same exact controller and better gfx.
I'll have to tell her that...I find console CoD/CoD2 offensive lol.
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:42 pm

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145953&did=1

so true, so true. i only voted PGR3 as looging nex gen in comparison to the other ports...very little extras were used which is understandable being rushed but still a shame. although, not surprising ea put 0 effort in anything.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:35 pm

sam wrote:i bought one to use on my pc
I don't feel like asking google, does the wireless one have a usb receiver? Would it work on my WindowsXP?

Mario wireless from my computer would be jizztastic.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:02 am

djfooboo wrote: I don't feel like asking google, does the wireless one have a usb receiver? Would it work on my WindowsXP?
No, only the wired controller is compatible with Windows XP. The wireless one is only usuable with the Xbox 360.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:28 am

Learn to use the mouse? Playing FPS's on the PC is vastly easier than playing on a console. Not only do you have more options with controls, but the aiming sensitivity isn't so damn wonky.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:22 am

the whole reason to buy a xbox 360 can be justified alone imo by Dead or Alive 4. DOA is the best fighting series to date IMO, closely followed by Marvel vs Capcom 2

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:35 am

Original Sin wrote:Learn to use the mouse? Playing FPS's on the PC is vastly easier than playing on a console. Not only do you have more options with controls, but the aiming sensitivity isn't so damn wonky.
Mario 3 doesn't use a mouse bro ;) Mario Paint on the other hand :)

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:50 pm

I don't think Mario 3 is an FPS, either. :wink:

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:31 pm

The reason to buy a 360 hasn't come out yet (lest you guys forget that Halo is an xbox only title). But what else are you guys going to buy? A PS3? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That to me is the laughable system. Obviously the Nintendo Revolution is a shoe in on my purchase list, but the 360 is high up there too. Ridge Racer 6 looks beautiful to me and it will probably be the first game I get for it.

The XBox was easily my favorite console of the past generation. My favorite console of this upcoming generation will probably be the Revolution, but the xbox will not be taking much of a backseat to it. The console that I'm tired of is Sony's POS. I only play my Playstation anymore because of the Bemani and having cracked it wide open with the hard drive exploit.

You also have to understand, though, that I'm a big console fan and not much of a computer fan. I've played quite a bit of UT2K4 and some other titles from the past (diablo II, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc), and I'm even getting into Guild Wars now, but my dedication has always been to consoles (and more so to handhelds now a days it seems being that my schedule keeps me out of the house).

So what if I'm an xbox fanboy? XBOX will still be the underdog for this upcoming generation and I've liked cheering on an underdog from time to time. I probably wont get one for a year, but I will be getting one.