AGH Guys the 360 is NOT as cool as you think it is ok?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:30 am

Original Sin wrote:
RyogAkari wrote:The reason to buy a 360 hasn't come out yet (lest you guys forget that Halo is an xbox only title). But what else are you guys going to buy? A PS3? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That to me is the laughable system. Obviously the Nintendo Revolution is a shoe in on my purchase list, but the 360 is high up there too. Ridge Racer 6 looks beautiful to me and it will probably be the first game I get for it.

The XBox was easily my favorite console of the past generation. My favorite console of this upcoming generation will probably be the Revolution, but the xbox will not be taking much of a backseat to it. The console that I'm tired of is Sony's POS. I only play my Playstation anymore because of the Bemani and having cracked it wide open with the hard drive exploit.

You also have to understand, though, that I'm a big console fan and not much of a computer fan. I've played quite a bit of UT2K4 and some other titles from the past (diablo II, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc), and I'm even getting into Guild Wars now, but my dedication has always been to consoles (and more so to handhelds now a days it seems being that my schedule keeps me out of the house).

So what if I'm an xbox fanboy? XBOX will still be the underdog for this upcoming generation and I've liked cheering on an underdog from time to time. I probably wont get one for a year, but I will be getting one.
What you've failed to take into acount is the wide variety of games that are available in the world of video-gaming, and how not everyone enjoys the same games as everyone else. I for one am an RPG and survival/horror fanboy, and historically, this has been the realm of the Playstation. Thus, why would I waste my money on an Xbox, when there are NO games on it that I enjoy? The only ones I'd even play are Xbox ports from playstation/PC games!
And so what if Halo is an Xbox only title? If I want to play FPS's, I fire up my desktop PC. I've got plenty, and there are plenty more coming that can blow Halo out of the water.
My point being, it's not about system superiority...who cares what kind of hardware something is sporting, if there are no games you enjoy on it?
The revolution may be promising, if it can do some of the things I've heard about. But what I'm concerned with are GAMES, not systems. Consoles are nothing more than tools, the games themselves are what make or break a system.
Motherfucking agree. I might buy a PS3 if ONLY for Alone in the Dark.
The game that started the survival horror genre...

PS: Shaunny boy your sig link is a 404

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:11 pm

God Of Rock wrote: PS: Shaunny boy your sig link is a 404
Yeah, my host is having apocolyptic server problems. So, I'm not sure when it's coming back. I may just get new hosting.

And Alone in the Dark is creepy as hell. The one I played a while back was quite difficult, as well...I ran out of ammo and was mauled by zombie things.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:48 am

umm GOR... what about Doom... technically that created the survival horror genre....

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:55 am

letshavetea wrote:umm GOR... what about Doom... technically that created the survival horror genre....
Doom is a FPS, not a survival horror game. Trust me, there is a MASSIVE difference. And didn't Wolfenstien come out before Doom anyways? I'm not sure, thats kinda before my time.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:03 am

mexican ninja wrote:
letshavetea wrote:umm GOR... what about Doom... technically that created the survival horror genre....
Doom is a FPS, not a survival horror game. Trust me, there is a MASSIVE difference. And didn't Wolfenstien come out before Doom anyways? I'm not sure, thats kinda before my time.
Yes, Wolfenstein 3D was the first FPS that I'm aware of. Doom was id's massive improvement on the fps game engine. There were other games between Wolfenstein and Doom as well, most of them running a tweaked Wolfenstein 3D engine. Far as I know, Doom was the first game to utilize multi-leveled maps and actual 3D like architecture.

I've been playing FPS games since their birth, so trust me...theres a HUGE difference between fps games, and survival horror games.

First, and most obviously, fps games are in first person perspective, and usually focus on run-and-gun type tactics. Generally, you blow shit up with big guns.
Survival Horror games, on the other hand, are typically in the 3rd person perspective, and typically have a very reserved stytle of gameplay. Ammuntion and items are rare, and thus they are rationed. The exact opposite of the FPS mentality.
It's not uncommon to fire thousands of rounds in an FPS level, where as in say, Silent Hill or Resident Evil, you may only fire 100 rounds in the entire game. The rest of the time is either spent running like a little girl, avoiding enemies altogether, or beating them off with a steel pipe.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:12 am

blah.
insert code compile execute return

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:08 pm

So anyways... about that Xbox 360.

While there aren't any "killer" games at the moment, it's the coolest system I've ever had. The fact that it can charge my iPod and play music from it in any game is awesome. I like the fact that I never have to touch the power or open disc tray buttons. Xbox Live Marketplace is awesome, especially the arcade style games like Geometry Wars and Outpost Kaloki X. There are some fun regular games like Condemned and Perfect Dark. And when Dead or Alive 4 finally comes out, then it gets even better. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase so far.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:20 pm

[quote="xK1"]So anyways... about that Xbox 360.

While there aren't any "killer" games at the moment, it's the coolest system I've ever had. The fact that it can charge my iPod and play music from it in any game is awesome.[quote]

OMG...They mixed an Apple Product and a Microsuck Product...It's like some bastard son of two horribly disfigured monsters!
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:00 pm

apple is spawn of microsoft.... it would be like computer incest....... ehh

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:26 pm

actually microsoft illegally added in ipod support

edit: want proof? no aac support. no drm? no license.
Last edited by sam on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:45 pm

letshavetea wrote:apple is spawn of microsoft.... it would be like computer incest....... ehh
Bill Gates worked with Steve Jobs. Jobs, in my understanding, actually got his stuff running first before Gates did the Microsoft thing.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:05 pm

I saw a preview for a movie about how back then they would steal shti off of eachother left and right and all that other stuff when they were creating the os'es
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:17 am

THE PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:03 pm

yea thats it.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy