Kingdom Hearts 2

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

DDRmaster
Light
Light

Post by DDRmaster » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:42 pm

I can't wait for KHII.

I played through the first one almost 5 times and it's close to if not my favorite game of all time. I just hate how a lot of people diss it because it has disney characters. When I played through it I even played till 100% completion and got that super awesome teaser trailer for the sequel, which didn't show much, but was awesome none the less.

I'm really looking forward to the TRON world and the Steamboat Willie level looks pretty good too.

Noah

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:22 am

The release date is supposed to be March 28.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:29 pm

Yeah....I finally caved in and reserved my copy today.

Now, watch it not even be available until summer. :roll:
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:30 pm

has anyone played it yet?

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:41 pm

yes, of course people have played it haha. its a very BA game in my opinion. Thanks Blockbuster for a $45 discount ;)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:43 pm

is there anything about it that hasnt been expected?

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:45 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:is there anything about it that hasnt been expected?
Yes despite the hype over the textures and graphical properties in which the PS2 has the Pirates of the Carribien(wrong spelling idc right now) are way beyond what i thought the PS2 could even handle and im using a burned copy and theres no tearing at all. its a great game and i back it up whole-heartedly

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:51 pm

there's a lot about it that's better than the original.. yet there are things i miss about the original.. i never thought i'd say it, but Aerith's voice is annoying.

battles are more exciting than before, i think. As far as x-button mashing battles go, anyways.

I'm 21 hours into it, just left the land of dragons for the second time.

The battle vs. the 1,000 heartless was awesome. I could've sat there and taken on 5,000 and loved it just as much.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:40 pm

This game is actually harder than I thought......

Tron's world was proof enough of that, but GOOD LORD!

I'm actually lovin' this game. :D
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:07 am

Are you playin on Proud(Hard) or what? the 'Paranoids' were pretty easy

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:26 am

I would buy this game.....but I never beat Kingdom Hearts the first one, I beat chain of memories but not the first one........it looks great though.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 am

seveneleven wrote:Are you playin on Proud(Hard) or what? the 'Paranoids' were pretty easy
Of course. It's Kingdom Hearts. Why wouldn't you?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:43 am

lgolem wrote:I would buy this game.....but I never beat Kingdom Hearts the first one, I beat chain of memories but not the first one........it looks great though.
The game's story comes a lot from Chain of Memories. Plus it covers the events of the first game a bit.

I like the game, it's pretty easy and linear though. There's no exploration whatsoever pretty much, each new area is pretty much a straight path to the next story scene. Not that it's THAT bad a thing, but I miss exploring and jumping all over.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:09 am

Riot wrote: I like the game, it's pretty easy and linear though. There's no exploration whatsoever pretty much, each new area is pretty much a straight path to the next story scene. Not that it's THAT bad a thing, but I miss exploring and jumping all over.
I dont, I only ever rented the first one and i was "exploring and jumping all over" the tarzan place for hours and found nothing. XD

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 am

i dunno, i really like how this is written..it's how i've always wanted a rpg to be: a movie that you interact with

the cut scenes are almost always epic and are never a dull moment. when playing there are very few downtimes. my problem with the first one was inconvienence. i disliked having to fly around everywhere until you got the warp drive and the weird tasks that weren't explained well and left you roaming around the same rooms for long amounts of time.

this game just makes me wish more and more that disney would open up an adult game development section and start churning out rpgs. they would outclass square to the point of embarrasment.
insert code compile execute return