Standard
Standard

XBOX 360?

Post by djfooboo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:27 am

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:36 am

nice find. i'll have to read that when my mind ISN'T dead. it just hurts my head at this hour to try to understand all those scribbles. ^_^
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:11 am

All the fancy system specs and systems don't mean a damn thing if they don't put out some good games this time around...

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:30 am

Original Sin wrote:All the fancy system specs and systems don't mean a damn thing if they don't put out some good games this time around...
What are you talking about? There are plenty of good games for the original Xbox.

Beyond Good and Evil
Burnout 3
Def Jam: Fight for New York
DOA Ultimate
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Grand Theft Auto/Vice City/San Andreas
Halo
Halo 2
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
MechAssault
NFS Underground 2
Ninja Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantom Dust
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Soul Calibur II
Spider-Man 2
SSX 3
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Shenmue II
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

And that's just stuff from my collection. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Plus the link wasn't even about system specs, it's all about how much detail and research has gone into the match making system for the new iteration of Xbox Live...

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:43 am

Well all in all idrc about all the hype for the nextgen systems...i mean if i theyre really just nice computers at a part of the price...but why waste $399.99+ for a next gen system now when i can wait a year or two and have more games ta choose from and have the system itself cost less :wink:

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:03 am

i have a xbox..have had it since the first modchip came out...i started out trying out the games...i beat a few but found them boring for the most part. now i only have movies on the hard drive & emulators. xbox games are boring as piss. a great deal of the ones you listed are ports and not unique to the xbox platform.

IN CONCLUSION SCREW 360. I'd rather not buy into their gimmicky live shit and have to spend $90 a month on live quirks just to enjoy a game fully.
insert code compile execute return

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:04 am

PS3 eats XBOX360s for breakfast.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:10 am

Riot wrote:PS3 eats XBOX360s for breakfast.
Nah thats my fat ass :D

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:18 pm

You see, none of the games you listed appeal to me at all. The few that DO appeal to me, are ports from other systems that I already own.
For now, I'm planning on a PS3, because that's where all the games I'm interested in will be going. It doesn't matter if it's superior or not, it matters what's going to be on it.
From what I've seen, the new Xbox will focus on online play...and that's not something I'm terribly interested in to begin with. I'm certainly not going to spend my money on Xbox live, when I won't be using it all that much.
I prefer a good single player game over a dynamic and advanced online game any day...thus, this new skill system doesn't do anything to boost the 360 in my eyes.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:24 pm

I don't even plan on EVER buying an XBOX 360, But I really like seeing all the thought that goes into something as seemingly simple as online ranking system.

That said, I don't plan on buying a PS3 either for the facts that seveneleven already mentioned.

Obviously the only thing that ever needs to be purchased is a PS2, and a computer to run emulations of cool games (not 3D crap).

I really have a general hatred for the third dimension in games. So often it is a hinderence to my enjoyment.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:34 pm

I already didn't want a xbox 360, and now it looks like ps3 is out out of the question as well(read: only original owners of game can play them. no renting, no borrowing, no buying used). Revolution? Nah. I like where they're trying to go, but I don't know if it's going to work very well. Gonna stay with PC for now.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:41 pm

Well, Sony hasn't decided whether they will actually use that patent they have or not. They most likely will not because it'd screw over one of their biggest consumers: video rental stores.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:32 pm

i think that patent was blown way out of proportion. if you think about it, blu ray is the technology used in ps3. the patent is probably like the recording bit on hdtv just reworded and meant for movies/tv and not games. it'll probably set a separate class for consumer and rental licensed products i'd imagine.
insert code compile execute return

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:52 pm

i was playing Call of Duty 2 at Curcuit City and i wasnt too thrilled.... :(
Team KIMO represent!

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 am

hascoolnickname wrote:I already didn't want a xbox 360, and now it looks like ps3 is out out of the question as well(read: only original owners of game can play them. no renting, no borrowing, no buying used). Revolution? Nah. I like where they're trying to go, but I don't know if it's going to work very well. Gonna stay with PC for now.

..... that has to be wrong...... it HAS TO BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( I can't imagine any company stupid enough to do that. Just because they wouldn't make profit off of old games.... that's really low.... I must destroy them.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.