If Katamary Damacy PSP sucks....

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

If Katamary Damacy PSP sucks....

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:43 pm

...I'm selling my PSP. I'm so fed up with it right now. Not even the emulated stuff entertains me right now.

To me, atleast in the handheld world, the DS has been duefully seen as GOD. I had hoped that Battlefront II PSP would be atleast decent, but it was so terrible I almost cried (mostly from the money that I had lost purchasing it.).

I have yet to pick up hot shots golf. I hear that is good and I know a place (Linky Linky) where I can get it for 20 dollars and only 3 dollars shipped.

Seriously though, the PSP is turning out to be one of the most disapointing things I have EVER bought. They advertised heavily the online game function, and guess what? THE DS IS BEATING THEM TO IT WITH ANIMAL CROSSING. How sad is that?

Anybody else remember the Polygonal capabilities promise of the PS2 that Sony used to convince people to not buy the Dreamcast? This is feeling an awful lot like that all over again.

It seems like the only reason I own Sony products anymore is for the Bemani.

Anyone else feel like they've been shafted from the PSP?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: If Katamary Damacy PSP sucks....

Post by Ho » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:47 pm

RyogAkari wrote:It seems like the only reason I own Sony products anymore is for the Bemani.
Is there any other reason to own any game system? ;)

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Re: If Katamary Damacy PSP sucks....

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:04 pm

RyogAkari wrote: Anyone else feel like they've been shafted from the PSP?
*raises hand*

I was reading about previews for Infected, and that looked pretty good at least. But then I saw an ad for it in PSM, and it promised that you could unlock Slipknot (!!!) as characters. Mmmhmm, I'll pass thanks.

There is this game from the guy who made Lumines (and Rez <3) called Every Extend Extra. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed for release in USofA or not, but it look intreasting to say the least.

But seriously, I was at Best Buy yesterday at the PSP games section, and could find nothing that didn't look like crap. I am cry.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:07 pm

The DS is GOD compared to PSP. PSP is a status icon more than it is a gaming machine. Screw that noise.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:28 am

*raises feet* and I didn't even pay for the games...oh well it's sold now so fuck sony and the umd movie player (what games are really worth a damn)
insert code compile execute return

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:24 pm

i heard a rumor that EA was releasing a Battlefield game for the PSP. can anyone confirm this?

edit: yea, it's in development - http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58792
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:33 pm

FPS = BallZ on the PSP. Seriously, they should have just gone all the way and made two analogs.

Legend of Heroes looks like it might be alright, but then again, it just looks like your vanilla RPG. I have plenty of those, and better in design to play on the GBA, and with Children of Mana coming up...*drool* I'm pretty much set right now for RPGs.

Exit might be good as well, but it's one of those things that just doesn't appeal to me personally, so that's a strike out for that too.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:49 pm

meh, i still have hopes for this game (Battlefield). remember, there IS a usb port on the handheld. if they were to make it possible to connect a mouse, they'd be set. they would then have enough buttons (and in decent placement) for all of the functions (shoot, aim, strafe, etc...).

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:59 pm

FLAKK wrote:meh, i still have hopes for this game (Battlefield). remember, there IS a usb port on the handheld. if they were to make it possible to connect a mouse, they'd be set. they would then have enough buttons (and in decent placement) for all of the functions (shoot, aim, strafe, etc...).
That would completly destroy the "portable" part of playstation portable.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:12 pm

mexican ninja wrote:
FLAKK wrote:meh, i still have hopes for this game (Battlefield). remember, there IS a usb port on the handheld. if they were to make it possible to connect a mouse, they'd be set. they would then have enough buttons (and in decent placement) for all of the functions (shoot, aim, strafe, etc...).
Like 4 hours of battery life is portable

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:48 pm

Go figure though My PSP is my only internet at the moment. It is a fun toy just not a gaming system.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:51 pm

mexican ninja wrote:
remember, this was considered "portable" one day too.
portable is relative. i'd still consider the PSP to be portable since Battlefield is not it's only function.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:11 am

Actually, I believe the term for machines of that type was "luggable", and it was quite an appropriate term.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:19 am

MonMotha wrote:Actually, I believe the term for machines of that type was "luggable", and it was quite an appropriate term.
it's a luggable by today's standards. however, i believe it was designed to be taken on a plane (surprisingly, it worked), making it a portable solution of it's time.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:35 am

a kid in elementary school actually had one of those. he picked it up at a garage sale and we used WP so he would write his reports in something edit-like and then bring them to the 286s to print it off hahaha.....i miss the old days of computing
insert code compile execute return